10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Yeah, because I totally didn't share my own experiences. all I did was call you wrong, so defensive
    Nowinstock still rarely has Switches in stock btw, Supply is better, but it hasn't entirely caught up to demand yet and it would be foolish to think so.
    I do agree with you. I havent been able to find one in my town or the two towns over any time i visit a store where one should be. At least every week. If demand had caught up there would be a dozen at each store. Tech is wrong on this one. Yes its getting better, but they are still scarce.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/...e-memory-cards

Nintendo outlines how physical games larger than 32GBs will work with the Switch with the first being NBA 2K18 which will be releasing on October 17th.

If you purchase a physical version of a game that requires an additional microSD memory card, you will be able to play a portion of the game right out of the box (for example, specific levels or modes).

To enjoy the full game, downloading additional data is required. Depending on the storage requirements for each game, it may be necessary to purchase a microSD card to expand storage space. When purchasing a digital version of the game, it may also be necessary to purchase a microSD card depending on the game’s storage requirements and the storage available on the consumer’s Nintendo Switch console.
    If you've ever played Perfect Dark for the N64, this is similar to what that game did with the expansion pack.

So what are the predictions for Invisibility vs Flight? I'm guessing flight wins as a choice by 20%+, and loses the combat related categories since it tends to trend that way with previous splatfests.

Remember to anyone playing you can strip ability chunks from splatfest shirt for 2k instead of 20k.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    So what are the predictions for Invisibility vs Flight? I'm guessing flight wins as a choice by 20%+, and loses the combat related categories since it tends to trend that way with previous splatfests.

Remember to anyone playing you can strip ability chunks from splatfest shirt for 2k instead of 20k.
    Unless the teams are near even in number the system heavily favors the least picked team since it goes by win ratios. So team flight is gonna win

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

Nintendo outlines how physical games larger than 32GBs will work with the Switch with the first being NBA 2K18 which will be releasing on October 17th.

If you've ever played Perfect Dark for the N64, this is similar to what that game did with the expansion pack.
    Meaning another reason why nobody wants to support the switch.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

Pretty amusing that the console itself doesn't have enough storage for one game.

And major difference. The consoles had a way of doing it back then due to the limit of CD-ROMS/Cartridges. PS1 had multiple discs and N64 had the Expansion pack. This isn't 1995 anymore.

Nintendo seriously need to get with the times on modern storage.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-02 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Pretty amusing that the console itself doesn't have enough storage for one game.

And major difference. The consoles had a way of doing it back then due to the limit of CD-ROMS/Cartridges. PS1 had multiple discs and N64 had the Expansion pack. This isn't 1995 anymore.

But hey remember you can always just go buy a SD card..................
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

are there people that didnt? i grabbed a 128gb on black friday and its like 5% full.

i mean, do you really want to put a blu ray or whatever in a handheld?

if this was just a home console it wouldnt be a problem

- - - Updated - - -

tendo couldve done sd cards or something but while im not an expert on the subject id assume the reason they didnt is to prevent/stall piracy
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    are there people that didnt? i grabbed a 128gb on black friday and its like 5% full.
    I didn't because I mostly buy physical Nintendo games and most indies are really small downloads
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i mean, do you really want to put a blu ray or whatever in a handheld?

if this was just a home console it wouldnt be a problem

- - - Updated - - -

tendo couldve done sd cards or something but while im not an expert on the subject id assume the reason they didnt is to prevent/stall piracy
    Not really an excuse. When one game can't fully install on the system it's a problem. Which creates problems for future developers wanting to port their games that are equal to or greater than that size. Hence one of the minor reasons why devs have openly stated they don't want to waste time developing for it.

And just because it's a hybrid doesn't excuse it either. Not a handheld either. Nintendo didn't market it as one. It's for use at both home and on the go hence the term hybrid.

And who said anything about Blu-Ray? Flash storage can go way higher than 32GB.

So again. They could have made the flash storage bigger if they were intending to get large size games on this thing. 32GB in 2017 is extremely low.

And comparing it to the expansion pack is laughable. That's a piece of tech that needed to exist due to cartridge limitations on the N64 and devs wanting to get more out of a few games. Same with multiple CD-ROMs for consoles such as the PS1. Again this is 2017 not the 90s.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-02 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I didn't. The switch is already one of the most expensive because of accessories and since I buy mostly physical it was 40 bucks I didn't need to spend
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Not really an excuse. When one game can't fully install on the system it's a problem. Which creates problems for future developers wanting to port their games that are equal to or greater than that size. Hence one of the minor reasons why devs have openly stated they don't want to waste time developing for it.

And just because it's a hybrid doesn't excuse it either. Not a handheld either. Nintendo didn't market it as one. It's for use at both home and on the go hence the term hybrid.

And who said anything about Blu-Ray? Flash storage can go way higher than 32GB.

So again. They could have made the flash storage bigger if they were intending to get large size games on this thing. 32GB in 2017 is extremely low.

And comparing it to the expansion pack is laughable. That's a piece of tech that needed to exist due to cartridge limitations on the N64 and devs wanting to get more out of a few games. Same with multiple CD-ROMs for consoles such as the PS1. Again this is 2017 not the 90s.
    I mean, devs can use bigger karts. It's just most of them aren't going to pay to manufacture bigger ones
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe tendo shoulda worked on storage instead of HD rumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I mean, devs can use bigger karts. It's just most of them aren't going to pay to manufacture bigger ones
    And again the storage issue is not the devs. Games were always going to get bigger over time. Nintendo should have had the foresight not to just stick another 32GB of internal flash storage in like they did with later Wii U models.

The Wii U was bad enough in that the basic model was a measly 8GB.

I still don't see this as an issue. Handhelds have never had great internal storage, I wouldn't expect a handheld that's stronger than any handheld before it to suddenly have one. And at this point, it's already done.

Real issues- Switch still has no achievement system. That's something that should be called out on as "This is 2017".

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Maybe tendo shoulda worked on storage instead of HD rumble.
    "Which JoyCon had Zelda installed on it again?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I still don't see this as an issue. Handhelds have never had great internal storage, I wouldn't expect a handheld that's stronger than any handheld before it to suddenly have one. And at this point, it's already done.

Real issues- Switch still has no achievement system. That's something that should be called out on as "This is 2017".
    And again it's a hybrid not a handheld. It's intended for use in multiple situations one of which includes portability.

And again 32GB of storage in 2017 when internal storage has always been capable of more is tiny.

10+ Year Old Account

"Which JoyCon had Zelda installed on it again?"
    Great job Tendo. Its not a hybrid system.

And again it's a hybrid not a handheld. It's intended for use in multiple situations one of which includes portability.

And again 32GB of storage in 2017 when internal storage has always been capable of more is tiny.
    Great job Tendo. Its not a hybrid system.
    It's really not at this point. There's nothing "unique" about it being able to cast to a TV.

It's....ugh, a gimmick.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really not at this point. There's nothing "unique" about it being able to cast to a TV.

It's....ugh, a gimmick.
    Well done Tendo, another gimmick. It was marketed as a hybrid, they said its a hybrid, thus it should have more storage than my phone. Least it got this HD rumble for that 1 game that no 1 likes.

Think it will become exercise equipment like the Wii?

Well done Tendo, another gimmick. It was marketed as a hybrid, they said its a hybrid, thus it should have more storage than my phone. Least it got this HD rumble for that 1 game that no 1 likes.

Think it will become exercise equipment like the Wii?
    Your phone doesn't even come close to what the Switch has internally though. It's not even the same comparison.