Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Mods weren't competing with their DLC in the past.
    they sure as hell were when people were taking armor and other things from the dlc and uploading them as mods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    they sure as hell were when people were taking armor and other things from the dlc and uploading them as mods.
    No...

No one was like "I think I am going to pass on getting Dawnguard and get the free mod crossbow instead!" That is nonsense.

While people will and are already definitely skipping the creation club for free versions of those DLCs.

7+ Year Old Account
    No...

No one was like "I think I am going to pass on getting Dawnguard and get the free mod crossbow instead!" That is nonsense.

While people will and are already definitely skipping the creation club for free versions of those DLCs.
    i know i sure as hell would, i have over 400 hours in skyrim and i haven't bought dawnguard but would get some of the armors as mods if i played it again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post

yeah uh, are we going to ignore the fact that Bethesda has a habit of putting things from mods and selling them in their expansions?

people sure seem to forget that

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by desdelian View Post
    yeah uh, are we going to ignore the fact that Bethesda has a habit of putting things from mods and selling them in their expansions?

people sure seem to forget that
    what things? are they taking people armor and weapon mods? if you mean just ideas then i cant say i care.

10+ Year Old Account

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mods weren't competing with their DLC in the past.
    There was free housing mods in skyrim while they had hearthstone DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Someone that isn't a hypocrite.
    What's hypocritical about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Prifter View Post
    I never pirated a game in my life but Bethesda makes me wonder why shouldn't I pirate all their future games? Doesn't help that Pete Hines blatantly lies to people on Twitter about this fiasco AND insults gamers at the same time.
    Pete Hines is a total cunt. It's almost unbelievable that he's employed as a PR man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    There was free housing mods in skyrim while they had hearthstone DLC.
    Hearthstone was inferior to housing mods too which tells me why they might be doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    You can only really "rebel" with your wallet if you don't agree with a business. I haven't purchased a Ubisoft game in years and will refuse to do so in the future...they could release the best game in the world tomorrow and I'll rather pirate than purchase it.
    So what you're saying is, you think you're entitled to protest a company, but still use their stuff? what a self entitled git.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    I know I will piss off certain people on this board, but this is mainly for PS4 players. Xbox already allowed modding without much limitation other than storage space (which I wish they would increase) and PC already had modding without much issue. PS4 modding is very limited as they are not allowed to use external assets.

The Pool of Bethesda is what all the cities and stuff are named after.

The name of the pool is said to be derived from the Hebrew language and/or Aramaic language. Beth hesda (בית חסד/חסדא), meaning either house of mercy[3] or house of grace. In both Hebrew and Aramaic the word could also mean "shame, disgrace".
    I think we know the real reason why they chose the name Bethesda.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 100% that people wont take a next Playstation as next console due to limited modding.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I am 100% that people wont take a next Playstation as next console due to limited modding.
    I'm 100% certain that people don't buy either console purely for modding a limited amount of games. And that it is silly to suggest a next generation console will falter because of that sole reason.

I'll take whichever system has the better games.

As for the topic at hand. Can't say I agree with what Bethesda are doing but well as long as they don't try to shove them down my throat then I'm happy. Will keep playing the games as I normally do. Not gonna throw down some money for a Pip Boy skin or a paint job.

I don't even see a single reason to play a console unless you only play shooters like CoD that don't have any community on pc since pc has access to superior shooters. I mean outside the few exclusives that still exist.

one of the most transparent and pathetic attempts at a cash grab I've seen.. so far this year. well no loot boxes being the next big money grab is still up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    I don't even see a single reason to play a console unless you only play shooters like CoD that don't have any community on pc since pc has access to superior shooters. I mean outside the few exclusives that still exist.
    Because I enjoy it. Simple as that. Some games I don't want to play on PC. I don't care for 30/60 FPS.

I'm happy sitting on The Division on PS4 to chill or N Sane Trilogy. A lot of my AAA or nice looking games are for PS4/XB1. PC is mostly for MMOs and Indie stuff.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-02 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because I enjoy it. Simple as that. Some games I don't want to play on PC. I don't care for 30/60 FPS.

I'm happy sitting on The Division on PS4 to chill or N Sane Trilogy. Lot of my AAA or nice looking games are for PS4/XB1. PC is mostly for MMOs and Indie stuff.

Enjoying it is fine but that's not a reason to do it since you have the same experience or better on pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Enjoying it is fine but that's not a reason to do it since you have the same experience or better on pc.
    Well it is. I don't give two shits about the whole "pc master race" bullshit.

I play what I want on whatever system. Simple as that. I don't care if PC is a better experience.

I have fun on my PS4/XB1/Wii U and my PC along with my retro stuff. As long as I'm happy that's all that matters.

Hell I stick with Skyrim on PS3 because I don't see the point. It plays fine for me and I have all the DLC. Not going to buy it again when I have it with everything I need.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-02 at 09:31 PM.