Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    It's funny how only terribad "elitists" ever care about the "casuals". Anyone who's ever been a hardcore raider can tell you first hand that they themselves love and use these catch up mechanics to bolster up their own characters for easier swap outs when necessary. I remember back in BC when you could get badge gear pieces and the removal of attunement my guildmates and I cheered. We were so happy that while some of our team got sunwelled (like all of our hunters) we were able to get back on our feet quickly and continue raiding in next to no time. Not to mention I want to say Method and other actual world top competing raids even talked about how they loved the catch up mechanics.

So no you don't matter, and no you're not good.
    Kind of a strawman you built there...

I am also not sure the whole alt army is really a good thing in the top end raiding scene it made time matter more then ever rather then skillful play.

Loot to me seems to of gotten out of hand. I hope they get rid of titanforging myself as it comes across as more frustrating then rewarding. They made alot of good improvements with legion but artifact power and titanforging to me at least are their two biggest blunders.

Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    Invasions are next week. By killing the bosses in a raid, casuals are awarded with free current tier Mythic quality loot. Last week, free 935s were given to the majority of the population since you only needed to complete a +10. Couldn't do a 10? Try a 9 so you don't get that 3rd affix and are STILL awarded with a 930.

The casualification of this game makes raiding Mythic have less of a point than ever. How do you feel about Blizzard removing the luster from defeating difficult and once highly revered content?
    Your first problem is raiding Mythic for anything but the difficulty. (That should be Mythics only "reward".)

Your second problem is not seeing all the exclusive rewards Mythic raiders get (unique tier sets, mounts, titles.)

Your third problem is thinking that item level matters at any fundamental level. (It doesn't)
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

I do think they should tone the loot giveaways down a bit. There are no players equipped with uncommon or rare gear. All world quests give epic gear and are piss easy to do either way. Being "full epic" has lost its charm.

Invasions are next week. By killing the bosses in a raid, casuals are awarded with free current tier Mythic quality loot. Last week, free 935s were given to the majority of the population since you only needed to complete a +10. Couldn't do a 10? Try a 9 so you don't get that 3rd affix and are STILL awarded with a 930.

The casualification of this game makes raiding Mythic have less of a point than ever. How do you feel about Blizzard removing the luster from defeating difficult and once highly revered content?
    If you had a brain inside that head of yours you'd know there's an upcoming raid (with a mythic setting) that casuals won't be able to do. This isn't something new.
    And about your comment about mythic having less of a point. What? The whole point in mythic is experiencing harder boss fights and getting the big dick gear/titles/mounts to show it off. If some casual has 930 welfare gear from a world boss and you're equipped with full mythic epeen-stroking gear from the last raid tier, you're still the one that put the most work in. And in the coming weeks you'll be able to show off the NEW mythic gear.

Quit scrambling for shit to bitch about and make yourself feel more special than you are. Because remember, there's 7 billion people on Earth, and you're one of them, destined to be forgotten about just as everyone else is. Get off your high horse. It's a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft loot used to reflect your skills and dedication as a player. Today, it's unique, temporarily acquirable transmogs/mounts. And it's much better that way.

Loot shouldn't reflect your skills. Loot should reflect your own, individual progression. 910 gear is a nice objective to farm toward on Argus for many people - Mythic+ are nice too, but they're not the bulk of the playerbase.

So really, this argument that "free loot for everyone is bad" is moot.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Warcraft loot used to reflect your skills and dedication as a player. Today, it's unique, temporarily acquirable transmogs/mounts. And it's much better that way.

Loot shouldn't reflect your skills. Loot should reflect your own, individual progression. 910 gear is a nice objective to farm toward on Argus for many people - Mythic+ are nice too, but they're not the bulk of the playerbase.

So really, this argument that "free loot for everyone is bad" is moot.
    I kind of preferred loot matching your progression it felt..better?

Perhaps more interesting is the word I am looking for since everything was close to you in terms of expected stats.

define free loot
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    It's funny how only terribad "elitists" ever care about the "casuals".
    Yeah, it's only the wannabes and tryhards who complain. Raiders who raid for the thrill of killing stuff don't give a fuck about other players gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Yeah, it's only the wannabes and tryhards who complain. Raiders who raid for the thrill of killing stuff don't give a fuck about other players gear.
    You never ran with a mythic team pushing content who are in competition with either the world ladder or server have you lad?

Deleted

But can they clear the next raid on any other difficulty than LFR? No? Then who gives a shit?

Casuals have always been able to outgear the latest raids eventually in new expansions, but the gear they replace it with has never been good enough to even do the first raid with.

What's the problem again?

Actually .. ty for letting me know, game is such garbage right now I haven't been logging in to keep up... but even I want free mythic level epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I do think they should tone the loot giveaways down a bit. There are no players equipped with uncommon or rare gear. All world quests give epic gear and are piss easy to do either way. Being "full epic" has lost its charm.
    If the color of the quality of your gear has a serious effect on the psychology of your time playing, I suggest seeking professional help.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like a lot of people don't understand what the word "free" means.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    How does someone else getting gear affect you directly? As a Mythic raider I can honestly say I could give 2 shits less what anyone outside of our guild is getting loot wise or how they are getting it(And can say that no one in our guild does either).

I see people complaining about "casuals" on a reg basis, The "casuals" paying $15 a month is what helps make it possible to have new Mythic raid content for those of us that do it.
    Too answer your question think of it as looking at someone else thinking hey they got more than me. However the thing is everyone should be concerned with their own stuff, and if you're going to be concerned about other people, be more concerned if they have enough.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Too answer your question think of it as looking at someone else thinking hey they got more than me. However the thing is everyone should be concerned with their own stuff, and if you're going to be concerned about other people, be more concerned if they have enough.
    Think it comes more from how people enjoy the journey of the game then wanting to lord things over people.

I found it annoying how the new system encouraged so much farming of trivial content.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    You never ran with a mythic team pushing content who are in competition with either the world ladder or server have you lad?
    No I haven't. But I really don't think any of them cares about: <see first post of this thread>

Quote Originally Posted by turntup1234 View Post
    Everyone deserves gear just for paying to play the game.
    No. No they don't. They deserve only what they earn.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Well I haven't raided mythic in legion but every other expac I cleared all content during its patch cycle with few exceptions and even had some world top ten mythic boss kills under my belt.

Rng gear is mostly frowned on due to the extra farming it involves. Its disliked for the same reason artifact power is it simply acts as a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    2. no, not a majority, a minority, idk if you know but not a majority of the game is able to even do M+10
    That is really shameful considering how over geared the average player was for a plus ten prior to this weeks difficulty adjustment. An adjustment which incidentally doesn't really feel that painful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This is correct.

Even out of the playerbase that does mythic+, the amount that complete a +10 is actually rather low.

It was posted back when Blizzard announced the mythic dungeon race, chaud posted the stats too. I'd dig it up, but on my phone
    up to 13 was pretty face roll last week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    My 935 was useless for me anyway lol.
    I got a 955 with exactly not the stats I want................
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    That is really shameful considering how over geared the average player was for a plus ten prior to this weeks difficulty adjustment. An adjustment which incidentally doesn't really feel that painful.
    You keep saying average player like you think the average player is 910 ilvl...
    like the average player is a normal/heroic raider...
    you seem to not know the average
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content