Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Don't count squares, count lightbulbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wengel View Post
    The squares represent a light - not a floor-tile.
    you have 20 lights and the drawing shows which lights to turn on.
    it still doesnt work
    if i count from left to right or right to left 7 off bulbs and the 8th bulb is on then i end up with 6 on bulbs in the middle where the picture shows 7

can i group up and do this whole thing? if yes whos boosting me?

took me 36 minutes mapping it out, took celestalon 3 hours.

celestalon doens't play ele shaman i do, celestalon says elemental is overpowered and doesn't know it.

celestalon is a fucking moron give me your job you clueless fuckwit.

I must be getting lazy as I get older, I read until about the second step in that guide and said "Oh Hell noooo! Way too much travel and effort for just another mount that I will summon twice then never look at again..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dervrak View Post
    I must be getting lazy as I get older, I read until about the second step in that guide and said "Oh Hell noooo! Way too much travel and effort for just another mount that I will summon twice then never look at again..."
    I dunno, I think the whole thing sounds fun.

Took me over 5-6 hours to complete this. Would have been much MUCH shorter, if not for the fact of giant asshats standing on the chair in Deepholm purposefully blocking others from being able to click on the plaque and skull. Then the whole "Lost Woods" part with the Endless Halls, ran around for about 3 hours trying to get the orbs to match with their markers. Making a map didn't work out as planned, as some backtracking would lead to paths that were open BEFORE touching the orb to be blocked off AFTER.

Overall though, really enjoyed this and greatly appreciate the team that did the discoveries and figured this out. They have the patience of saints lol.
    Last edited by lagmoose; 2017-09-03 at 02:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish the Deepholme part would register via
    /run local N,t,d={"DAL","ULD","AQ","DEEP","GNOMER","VAL","MAZE","MOUNT"},{47826,47837,47841,47850,478 52,47863,47881,47885} for s,k in pairs(N)do d=IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(t[s]) print(k,"=",d and "\124cFF00FF00" or "\124cFFFF0000NOT","DONE")end
    . Have clicked the silly thing on the back of the chair many times to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Wish the Deepholme part would register via . Have clicked the silly thing on the back of the chair many times to no avail.
    The plaque on the back of the chair is the clue. You need to stand in front of the chair with the Shadoweave Mask on in order to interact with the skull, read the inconspicuous note and advance to the next step.

Yeah I was watching these people solve it since Friday, after I found out why everyone was pestering me for shadoweave masks. Solved up to Gnomer (which they were working on at the time) realized I know nothing about binary or converting it into some other format, and became on of those "No, <name>, that was already tried", "No that doesn't work." "No, Binary Brew was already tested", so the people actually trying to solve this... didn't have to respond. Logged on Saturday to find out that Gnomer was solved....Really... how the heck... whatever. and moved on. Everything else seemed nice and quick until the Endless Halls, which is only "slow" due to your capabilities to solve it. "Think along the Box". Then.. Blizzard could not have picked a better ending spot for it's location. I though those were removed in the Revamp before Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    100% absolutely fuck this light puzzle. Spent about an hour trying to do it myself, said fuck that after a while and just went with the guides. 30-40 mins later and I finally finish it -- and it does not work. Nothing pops, the green lights just flicker at me mockingly. Double checked it, used different guides; no dice. Shit is either bugged or I'm doing something seriously wrong. Worst part is that there does not seem to be a way to reset it so if you fuck it up or the game fucks up you gotta manually unclick every light. Honestly kinda thinkin' the mount isn't worth it, at this rate.
    Once all 5 are matched...nothing happens, you simply walk out and the last clue is on the Dias as you zone out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velios View Post
    The plaque on the back of the chair is the clue. You need to stand in front of the chair with the Shadoweave Mask on in order to interact with the skull, read the inconspicuous note and advance to the next step.
    If... you have the mask on, and the skull wont interact with you, a simple /reload should fix it, it did for me. Some people said they had to zone into the cavern with the mask on to work, so there is also that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    The picture shows 6 bulbs on in the middle...

- - - Updated - - -

He's talking about the Ulduar part.
    D'oh ok... sorry still waiting on coffee to brew. For the Ulduar part, I found that doing the Central Cross 1st, then each flourish in the corner was easiest for me. keep it simple. Started in 1 corner, counted over 7 empty lights, then clicked the next 6. then painted that whole swath green. the did the same for the other arm going across. Then for the Flourishes in the corner I looked at the example found out which light is the closest to the outside, and made the Diagonal Line, then painted into the Corner of the cross section.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    Aye, this. ^

Finally got it after re-doing the darn thing a third time. Not sure what was wrong with try 1 and 2 but oh well.
    Yeah, I corrected my "help" after I saw his post, sorry for the confusion there.

whats the point in mounts that cant fly, seems like a waste tbh

Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    Making a map didn't work out as planned, as some backtracking would lead to paths that were open BEFORE touching the orb to be blocked off AFTER.
    This doesn't happen, you've made a mistake. Once open, always open, touching torches or runes doesn't change anything. Backtracking always works.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm apparently phased to another server and cannot interact with skull, even with the mask on.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This doesn't happen, you've made a mistake. Once open, always open, touching torches or runes doesn't change anything. Backtracking always works.
    Except it doesn't.. several people in the Discord noticed this, along with quite a few people in general when I was doing the maze.

Nice try though! Let me guess, you need to use an Anagram and need to get 5 brains?

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    First of all, it was Celestalon, the guy who made the damn thing.
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...79208544444422

PLEASE don't make claims like this when you don't know what you're talking about.

This is a part of a very makeshift map I drew while doing this and I can tell you I had no problem backtracking from the red rune to the green orb without a single error, and that was at least 15 rooms in terms of distance. The rooms you get are not random, the layout very well may be, but the rooms themselves are just where you left them if you know where you went.
    I could only go to the green rune from one direction. I mapped it out. When i got to the green rune and went down down i ended up at blue. Which was my starting reference. If i went up up from blue. I was at a completly different location. No where near green. So green could only be achieved by going one way So there are random teleports inbetween some of the rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Except it doesn't.. several people in the Discord noticed this, along with quite a few people in general when I was doing the maze.

Nice try though! Let me guess, you need to use an Anagram and need to get 5 brains?
    People make mistakes, and if there are thousands involved, the numbers will rack up. The maze is determined once you step in, going the same way will always lead you to the same room. Always. It is impossible to change the maze in any form. There are cycles, yes, and thus multiple/unlimited ways to the same target, but there is no possibilty for a changing way. Moving north and then east is not the same as moving east and then north. Backtracking. Always. Works. Torches are extinguished once you click them until you click another torch or lose the buff otherwise (though someone said they are reignited after an hour or something).

I have had 4 t-sections arranged in a square which is a nightmare for mapping/detecting cycles, but it is possible. The most valuable clues for a cycle are long straight ways.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-09-03 at 04:52 PM.

Deleted
    No fucking way, how the hell did someone solve this? I've read to the gnomergan part and what the hell!
    Applause to blizzard for daring to put something like this in the game!

Deleted
    Mad props to the secrets discord. Seriously impressive work.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    It did happen. I even backtracked before grabbing the orb to make sure I went the correct way while making the map to prevent any "mistakes" and it was perfect. I grabbed the orb and when I went back out the way I came, the side I had entered in the previous room was blocked off. But it what it is, it got done in the end.