Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ok, convolution is one thing... this is just insanity. Most of this stuff involves locations and NPCs that have existed for so many expansions, and some of the stuff is so obscure that no one other than insane lore buffs could have a chance to understand. While I appreciate Blizzard's scavenger hunt, I think next time they could tone down the randomness of it all, and make something that can be fun to solve for regular players without requiring a guide.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I am so torn. On one end, I love "secret unlockables", on the other this looks like a massive pain in the ass.
    To be honest if it wasn't for the random teleports and looping halls I think it would have been pretty fun. I was actually really excited to map it out and do some problem solving, but the second I teleported into a room with rocks at my back and realized I was in a completely different place with no way to get back to my map I really just felt cheated.

I got extremely lost after my 4th orb. I had to redo the yellow orb and rune for some reason. When I got lost I ended up being disconnected, so when I logged back in I was in the room with the yellow orb. I had mapped where the yellow rune was so it took me a minute to get back to it.

I think I spent about an hour or so working on the Endless Halls, I thought it was incredibly fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I love Gamedetectives. Had the pleasure of cooperating with them on the Sombra ARG when I had lots of time and lots of interest for such a huge long-term thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    It did happen. I even backtracked before grabbing the orb to make sure I went the correct way while making the map to prevent any "mistakes" and it was perfect. I grabbed the orb and when I went back out the way I came, the side I had entered in the previous room was blocked off. But it what it is, it got done in the end.
    It happened because you made a mistake. The map is predetermined

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by gtgcul8r View Post
    No fucking way, how the hell did someone solve this? I've read to the gnomergan part and what the hell!
    Applause to blizzard for daring to put something like this in the game!
    Worked with some of these nutjobs and they will go through hell and back to uncover some secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I've completed it, I don't need tips, I understand it's different for everyone, my point is you got really good rng. The map refutes your strategy, I'm not posting it because I think it's something I can follow.

The dev was Celestalon, the image is taken from his twitter page https://twitter.com/Celestalon
    Maybe his using a Wacom tablet to play is why he took so long.

/s

The rooms dont change, ever, if you logout you login at the starting point, and if you have any orb tou keep it.
    If you happen to 'go around' and reenter a room you where previously that shouldnt have changed, its cause it hasnt, dont imagine the rooms as being part of a flat plane.
    Its sort of like every room is conected, but not horizontally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenille View Post
    The Endless Halls part was really rough. However it is mappable
    No, it IS NOT mappable. that is the point of this SHIT.
    who ever came up with this idea should be fired and tortured to death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No, it IS NOT mappable. that is the point of this SHIT.
    who ever came up with this idea should be fired and tortured to death.
    100% mappable. Stop spreading this misinformation. I followed back on parts of it multiple times on my map and it was exactly as it should be. It's just more than 2 dimensional. There's effectively multiple "floors". People in WoW have always had a hard time when introduced with an up/down portion, partially the reason why Vashj'r was so unbearable to some people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    celestalon is a fucking moron give me your job you clueless fuckwit.
    Amen to that. I hope he dies horrible one day.

You should be awarded one of the tokens for a free month of sub time, instead of a ground mount for going through all this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    0% mappable..
    fixed your flaw, you cant do a map with loops silly.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    100% mappable. Stop spreading this misinformation. I followed back on parts of it multiple times on my map and it was exactly as it should be. It's just more than 2 dimensional. There's effectively multiple "floors". People in WoW have always had a hard time when introduced with an up/down portion, partially the reason why Vashj'r was so unbearable to some people.
    Well, the idea of multiple floors is misleading, because one of the exits is a staircase. I'd say the rooms aren't necessarily adjacent, but there are hallways connecting them. That's why going east, then south, then west and then north doesn't usually lead you to the same room you were in. But going south, then east, then north, then west would indeed return you to it.

Yes you can, you just draw a line connecting one end to the other. Or writte a letter indicating those rooms connect through that door, like some others have done in a spreadsheet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Well, the idea of multiple floors is misleading, because one of the exits is a staircase. I'd say the rooms aren't necessarily adjacent, but there are hallways connecting them. That's why going east, then south, then west and then north doesn't usually lead you to the same room you were in. But going south, then east, then north, then west would indeed return you to it.
    Hence, why I put it in quotes. Go backwards will still put you to where you were in the previous room, so it might as well be considered floors for the sake of explanations.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have all but one color, I know the paths to get to the rune but cannot for the life of me find the Orb for it around the area of the rune..

10+ Year Old Account

Oh, apparently I didn't do this then and went through the same layout multiple times. Gotcha.

And for what it's worth to people trying this, go back along where you've already been. Do NOT try to push forward to where it looks like it would loop back to where you were.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2017-09-03 at 08:16 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been in the maze now for about 45 minutes and still haven't come across any lit torches.

What the shit.

Took me just about an hour for the maze, didn't map it like all of these crazy maps. Guess I got an easy one.

I took about 3 hours in the maze. While it was annoying after a while, I actually enjoyed doing it and it felt really good, placing that last orb on the altar and getting the note.