Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    So you are complaining about a zone with too much demon shit, and you would rather see an expansion with even more demon shit? No, Argus is fine as a major content patch in an expansion called "Legion." Let us have some closure for once and not have some BS cliff-hanger like in MoP or WoD.
    Argus could've had very different-looking zones with all sorts of creatures, just like the Broken Isles aren't all about demons. It never made sense to me that the Legion destroyed Argus like that, because even though that's kinda what the Legion does, they also still have to use the planet as a basis. Now it makes sense to fel it up a bit here and there, but why would they break the planet apart like that? What's the sense in that? That's less land to stand on. Less land for your troops. Anyway, they could've easily splintered it apart like they did with Outland, and therefore preserve some of the zones in a way that they used to look like before the Legion came. Apparently that kinda is what Mac'Aree is like, so why not just do that with 3-4 more zones, add 1-2 fel zones into the mix, call that an expansion. Yes, another demon expansion would've been alright, if it had elements like in Legion with the Vrykul, the Drogbar, the Nightborne and Nightfallen etc. Things that relate to the Legion while still offering some variety. Hell, if you quest through the 5 normal zones of the Broken Isles, you barely feel a Legion presence. For Argus they could've added Ethereals into the mix, maybe some zone with a group of these Holy Nathrezim, new creatures they invented etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    So, you already finished up Mac'Aree before is even out? Grats, I guess?
    it's not that much different, at least what I saw of it on the PTR. It IS different, but it's not some gorgeous, amazing zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Argus isn't here "instead of Thal'dranath".
    It's here because the story led it here.

Thal'dranath would've been an extra Blizzard decided was not worth extra resources.
    Argus isn't an extra.

You're comparing completely unrelated decisions.

Plus, Argus is something Blizzard can expand upon, specially with portals to other worlds.

Thal'dranath would be yet again scavenging existing zones/Lore.
    I'd rather Blizzard does that properly and not as "an extra".
    The other worlds are happening on live. They will not be ezplored after legion they are irrelevant

Did they actually said "Argus replaced Tal'Dranath"? I'd love to see that.

Deleted
    Oh no, the home planet of the demons looks like it's occupied by demons...

I'm surprised by the amount of people who thought Broken Shore replaced Thal'Dranath...
    It didn't. ICYMI the whole deadline for 7.0 and 7.1 was to collect all the Pillars of Creation to close the portals on the Tomb of Sargeras. It's reminded to you in everywhere and everywhen throughout the leveling experience.

And where is the Tomb located? Yeah, right. Broken Shore.
    Seriously: pay attention to the story. We've always meant to return to that place from the start. It's NOT a last minute change.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    it's not that much different, at least what I saw of it on the PTR. It IS different, but it's not some gorgeous, amazing zone.
    What you consider gorgeous is subjective. I find Mac'Aree better than most of the BI locations.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    What you consider gorgeous is subjective. I find Mac'Aree better than most of the BI locations.
    /shrug. My point is that it's not some amazingly different thing that will change everyone's opinion of Argus. It's like Fel Suramar (not the city, the zone). With some void stuff.

Argus seems better than just 1 single area that's more elves after 2 elf themed raids.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    /shrug. My point is that it's not some amazingly different thing that will change everyone's opinion of Argus. It's like Fel Suramar (not the city, the zone). With some void stuff.
    There is barely any fel influence on the zone though...
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    1st tier
    Emerald Nightmare
    Nighthold

2nd tier
    Titan vault raid (on Thal'dranath)

3rd tier
    Tomb of Sargeras (on Broken Shore)

Hell they could've taken that Magni scenario in Sholazar and integrated that into the raid and then the big conclusion at the end is "oh my god, Sargeras is coming, we have to go to his tomb and destroy his avatar husk before he repossesses it". Then we go seal the tomb, end of expansion. Then next expansion: Argus.

That way we could've had something other than demons in the middle raid tier. Maybe something with the void.
    So you are sick of demon infested zones so much that you would want to see Elven ruins for one tier then more demon infested zones for the next 2/3 years of the Argus expansion?

5+ Year Old Account
    Having Thal'dranath in lieu of BS would have been nice. I always felt that devs might add a zone with a Netherstorm-esque theme, there almost no zones with such look.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Did they actually said "Argus replaced Tal'Dranath"? I'd love to see that.
    No. They never specified what they put the resources in instead. I could see Mac'aree being the replacement, but Argus was probably planned for a while already. Tomb was almost definitely planned as the second tier raid already when they scrapped it.

What we do know is that they never did any practical work on it beyond marking a general area on the world and writing Thal'dranath on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    they don't make extremely major story changes last second
    WoD says hi

That they scrapped Thal'dranath for something cooler, because Thal'dranath would've just been "more elven ruins". Then they announced Argus.
    Argus was already supossed to be introduced ALONG with Thal'Dranath. I'm still pretty sure they just scrapped it for the same reasons they did with Farahlon.

Going to Argus to fight the Legion and deal the final blow beats "Thal'dranath" out of the fucking water on principle. Can't believe you'd stoop so low to even make a whinge thread about this.

Going to Argus in a patch is also preferable to spending an entire expansion over there. Win win!

I know that mindless haters are too busy spending their time on these forums rather than out in the world of this game though, so can't expect them to see and appreciate details in skyboxes, horizon art, subtle variations in the zones despite the overarching themes and so on...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-09-03 at 11:12 PM.

Have you been there? red ground, that area by the xenedar that is this crazy golden color (pretty sure it's the first environment we ever get with that palette), the beautiful gigantic azeroth on the distance. Honestly, as much as people feel like QQing about shit I find Argus to exceed my expectations environment wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Argus was already supossed to be introduced ALONG with Thal'Dranath. I'm still pretty sure they just scrapped it for the same reasons they did with Farahlon.
    Really?

Where did they state that? Afaik, TD was replaced very early in production. It wasn't scrapped, we didn't get nothing instead of it, we got Argus... Fahralon was scrapped, in an expansion that was a giant clusterfuck of Nope in terms of content delivered...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-09-03 at 11:21 PM.

As much as i'm not a huge fan of the art direction about the whole "tech demons" i think Argus is amazing. Much better than more boring elven ruins.

Also, people have a lot of issues with interpretation it seems.
    Here what Ion said:

Thal'dranath will not be part of Legion.
    It won't be a reduction in content delivered to players, just that the team had a better and way cooler idea.
    Thal'dranath was yet another ancient elven ruined island that has a heavy Legion presence. There is already a lot of that in Broken Isles.
    There are cool new places to explore in the patch content and once players see it they will agree that it is cooler than what Thal'dranath would have been.
    Thal'dranath was scrapped much earlier. And i believe some of it assets are the northern parts of Broken Shore with the Felborne.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Argus could've had very different-looking zones with all sorts of creatures, just like the Broken Isles aren't all about demons. It never made sense to me that the Legion destroyed Argus like that, because even though that's kinda what the Legion does, they also still have to use the planet as a basis. Now it makes sense to fel it up a bit here and there, but why would they break the planet apart like that? What's the sense in that? That's less land to stand on. Less land for your troops. Anyway, they could've easily splintered it apart like they did with Outland, and therefore preserve some of the zones in a way that they used to look like before the Legion came. Apparently that kinda is what Mac'Aree is like, so why not just do that with 3-4 more zones, add 1-2 fel zones into the mix, call that an expansion. Yes, another demon expansion would've been alright, if it had elements like in Legion with the Vrykul, the Drogbar, the Nightborne and Nightfallen etc. Things that relate to the Legion while still offering some variety. Hell, if you quest through the 5 normal zones of the Broken Isles, you barely feel a Legion presence. For Argus they could've added Ethereals into the mix, maybe some zone with a group of these Holy Nathrezim, new creatures they invented etc.
    Ehehehehheheheehheeeeeeeeeeeee......

See, the problem with that is...

Oh, how can I explain it to you? Oh...right.

IT'S THE LEGION'S HOME WORLD! IT IS WHERE I THRIVE! I know my own Planet. Trust me, an Expansion about my stationary husk would bore you after the first month.