Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    If we went with your view, we might as well remove [everything else rings, neck, bracers, trinkets, chest armor (for some tabards can cover the whole design of the chest, so we don't see them anyways), and leg armor (for some leg armor is covered by the chest piece on some sets, so we don't see them anyways).

Heck, let us remove shoulders, helmet, tabards (leaving the chests) and belts, as they can be hidden by the transmog feature.

How about no? Thank the lords of creation and destruction that you aren't a developer. This little thing of yours would've ruined about, as updated, 37 armor sets that has the bracers visible in a way or other.
    You're being ridiculous and you know exactly what was being meant by models that are completely visual. Chest armor and Leg armor is meant to be visual, and yet on the whole bracers that are visual are more an exception rather than a constant like chest and legs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    You're being ridiculous and you know exactly what was being meant by models that are completely visual. Chest armor and Leg armor is meant to be visual, and yet on the whole bracers that are visual are more an exception rather than a constant like chest and legs.
    Well, at count, 41 sets that shows bracers. By removing that option, you would break 41 armor sets.

And yes, I know what you meant but the reasoning for removing them as well, is ridiculous. 'One less thing to do!'. It is an RPG gathering your equipment is part of the hunt. And if someone doesn't have a liking that it only has a 1% upgrade, tough, don't switch if you don't like the upgrade.

Chest armor is meant to be visible but sometimes and it is more than just sometimes, legs aren't shown anyways. Just the same situation as with bracers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Didn't stop OP ^^
    OP didn't even answer me, so guessing I am on ignore.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with a few stat sticks.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Nothing wrong with a few stat sticks.
    I miss throwing weapons, guns, bows and crossbows as stat sticks sometimes.. Think we should bring them back! ^^
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If you play this game just to see your stuff in 3d, please go play Barbie Dress-Up and leave this game alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    If you play this game just to see your stuff in 3d, please go play Barbie Dress-Up and leave this game alone.
    How about, no?

I play the game because I enjoy it. Because it has PvE, PvP and RP. Because it is an RPG, and I like to look good. I am the 'hero' after all, so should be allowed to look good.

Or, are you one of those whom are hating on transmogging too?

Both sides of this argument make valid points.

On one hand, it's true to say that items like rings, necklaces, trinkets and in a lot of cases bracers are wholly pointless stat batteries and carrots-on-sticks. They could all be (with the exception of bracers, at least), hypothetically, removed from the game and their stats and effects could be moved to other pieces of gear.

On the other hand, some people like chasing gear pieces. It's exciting to get a new trinket with a really good effect on it, or a BiS necklace that pushes your stats up higher. Whether you view stuff like rings or necklaces as more incentive to raid or as an obnoxious carrot-on-a-stick is subjective.

- - - Updated - - -

How about, no?

I play the game because I enjoy it. Because it has PvE, PvP and RP. Because it is an RPG, and I like to look good. I am the 'hero' after all, so should be allowed to look good.

Or, are you one of those whom are hating on transmogging too?
    I believe he's on your side and was directing his post at the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I believe he's on your side and was directing his post at the OP.
    If that is so, then I extend my apologies for a bit of a hasty comment.

Well, at count, 41 sets that shows bracers. By removing that option, you would break 41 armor sets.

Chest armor is meant to be visible but sometimes and it is more than just sometimes, legs aren't shown anyways. Just the same situation as with bracers.
    With leg and chest armor, when they're visible it's like, bam, they cover a large part of the player model. With bracers, even when they aren't being covered by robes, or arm extensions, or long gloves, or bulky hand-guards, the bracers may even then only be like 10% visible through only a small gap in the gloves. I mean, you say 41 sets show bracers. But I don't think they do so meaningfully. I think if you listed all those sets what we'd find is that most of those armor sets are "trying" to hide the bracers by way of chest and gloves.

10+ Year Old Account
    So on the one hand there are several pieces that have no visual impact (or very little in the case of bracers). We could remove those and suffer minimal impact (by definition) to our look.

However, that means stats are concentrated in fewer pieces so if you got a suboptimal secondary on a piece it would have a bigger effect and vice versa - a good secondary would make that piece much harder to replace.

What I'm saying here is that having a bunch of slots lets the player tune their stats with a finer hand. That's of value even if you don't care about looks.

Should toss out boots for trolls, tauren and any toon with a robe/kilt on too. Plenty of belts are hardly noticed too, in the bin with them also.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    With leg and chest armor, when they're visible it's like, bam, they cover a large part of the player model. With bracers, even when they aren't being covered by robes, or arm extensions, or long gloves, or bulky hand-guards, the bracers may even then only be like 10% visible through only a small gap in the gloves. I mean, you say 41 sets show bracers. But I don't think they do so meaningfully. I think if you listed all those sets what we'd find is that most of those armor sets are "trying" to hide the bracers by way of chest and gloves.
    Nope, I mentioned the minimum of 41 sets that shows bracers. If you remove them, you have a variation of space visible unless you change the set with something else, like a shirt.

Unless next you'll think shirts to go away as well.

I guess, from the perspective of a completionist and transmogger, then it would fall under the same whine people use for Blizzard, 'fun is not allowed'?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    So on the one hand there are several pieces that have no visual impact (or very little in the case of bracers). We could remove those and suffer minimal impact (by definition) to our look.

However, that means stats are concentrated in fewer pieces so if you got a suboptimal secondary on a piece it would have a bigger effect and vice versa - a good secondary would make that piece much harder to replace.

What I'm saying here is that having a bunch of slots lets the player tune their stats with a finer hand. That's of value even if you don't care about looks.
    Actually, another view, yes indeed.

Though, some of us might not consider it a minimal impact. Having a non-fitting piece for some transmog collectors is almost a worse curse than a shit loot drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Should toss out boots for trolls, tauren and any toon with a robe/kilt on too. Plenty of belts are hardly noticed too, in the bin with them also.
    Don't forget off-hands (not shields) that basically are hidden a lot of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The removal of equipment slots was a bad move in my opinion. I like more gear, more stats, and more slots to put them in.

5+ Year Old Account
    Have your char display your necklace as well, and add some cosmetic effect to your rings, even if it's only shown to yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    My bracers at my highest ilvl non-legendary item on my main, and my bis legendary on my alt. Why would you want to take my nice things away from me?

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You literally just answered your own question. Stats.
    if stats are the only thing that explain their existence, they should also add socks.

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    if stats are the only thing that explain their existence, they should also add socks.
    Never said it was the only thing but ok then.

They sometimes do neat things with bracers. Like the Monk T20 bracers.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    The removal of equipment slots was a bad move in my opinion. I like more gear, more stats, and more slots to put them in.
    I agree. We are already showered with gear in this game and gear way too fast imo. This is why content doesn't last long. Take away gear slots and it'll become even more so.

Bracers are largely useless, visually.
    Necks, Rings, and Trinkets are too.

Non-visual upgrades suck.
    They also take away from the stat budget that could be spread around actual armor.
    If these non-visual items were removed, other items would feel like bigger upgrades when you got them - even though in total you'd end with the same amount of stats.

"Special trinket effects" can always just be moved to weapons, or helms, or gloves or anything else that actually has a model.
    Eh, fair point. I like the flavor of rings and necks, though the fact that theyre just stat sticks more often than not takes a lot from that flavor.