Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    The three zones altogether are just about the size of Dragonblight though. There is a lot of dead space and 2D backdrop. But I am sure there are more people like you who think "OMG THREE ZONES" and think this is the biggest patch because of that alone. That is why it was the main selling point of the patch. And it works, I guesss. But did they mention how small they actually are? No, so there is more to it than just the number of zones.
    And unlike people like you, I am actually happy to see any sort of new content and appreciate they are even still putting new content out after an expac launch. That was the most disappointing part of SWtOR was "Here's your expac, see you in 2 years.". This is only a PATCH, not an expac release, and yet we got 3 small zones, a new dungeon, new WQs, and more. But short of everyone getting flight on Argus, a hundred free achieves and 1M gold in their mailbox, some people will always find something to bitch about when it comes to new patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Joker- View Post
    And unlike people like you, I am actually happy to see any sort of new content and appreciate they are even still putting new content out after an expac launch. That was the most disappointing part of SWtOR was "Here's your expac, see you in 2 years.". This is only a PATCH, not an expac release, and yet we got 3 small zones, a new dungeon, new WQs, and more. But short of everyone getting flight on Argus, a hundred free achieves and 1M gold in their mailbox, some people will always find something to bitch about when it comes to new patches.
    If it's not 1Mg1c I'm unsubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Yeah... I don't. I don't care about mogs, never have. I have over 200 different mounts. Pets do nothing for me, pet battling is shit, I'd rather play Pokemon. And achievements in a videogame mean nothing to me. Never have.

What I care about is actually seeing content. If you tell me to do the same content twice or three times, or ten times, to get some stupid mounts or pet or whatever, that doesn't all of a sudden make it new content. Not interested. In the same vein I don't raid the same raid bosses for weeks. Boring.
    Those are content man. This one guy said it best. You're the guy who goes to your fridge, sees a bunch of foods in there you're not interesting in eating, then go and complain that you don't have any food. There is food, it's your choice whether you eat it, but saying it doesn't exist is a lie.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    If it's not 1Mg1c I'm unsubbing.
    I lol'd. Bravo =D

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Those are content man. This one guy said it best. You're the guy who goes to your fridge, sees a bunch of foods in there you're not interesting in eating, then go and complain that you don't have any food. There is food, it's your choice whether you eat it, but saying it doesn't exist is a lie.
    Couldnt say it any better...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Well it's been out a few days now and I'm not... sick of it persay, but I'm hardly there enough to get sick of it.

The only thing on Argus to do is world quests which take five minutes max. On the plus side I like the music and I like the atmosphere. Though the Antoran Wastes are a waste of space imo, I'd rather they gave us a different colour palette zone and have Antorus be walled off, reachable only with those flying light golem suits or something.

The Antoran Wastes are just more of the same old boring shite we had in 7.2 whereas Krokuun manages has a little black and green to keep up with the Legion theme but it's contrasted by the consecrated (light-corrupted) land caused by the Army of the Light's spaceship crashing and the creepy feeling of the petrified woods. It's also a hell of a lot easier to navigate.

It's almost as if they had the Broken Shore team work on one zone (Antoran Wastes) whilst the WoD levelling team worked on the other (Krokuun). Visually the quality difference is staggering.

I'm already bored of the Argussian Reach rep, it's slow as shit in comparison to the Army of the Light rep. Hopefully the 3rd area will offer more rep towards them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Our difference is I would rather play with a bot than with you and I would value that experience far more since you would probably either fail, ragequit, open your mouth to spew insults etc.

Your definition of what an MMO is just touches the surface which in turn says a lot about the kind of player that you are.

Thanks for your suggestion on what to do but it worries me that you felt you were entitled to tell me what to do.
    I'm not defining MMOs at all, because they are all different - I'm saying playing an MMO doesn't mean I have to talk to you just because you'd think it's nice.
    It shouldn't, it isn't, it never has been.

I'd rather play with bots than you too, so what is that about? Thankfully, I can choose with whom I play and don't have to play with *you*. That's also something MMOs allow me to do - I don't have to bother with idiots if I don't want you. The reason why you dislike that LFG feature might be related to that...
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-09-04 at 05:13 AM.

Illidan: Your heroes are running back to Azeroth like wimpering dogs with their tails between their legs!
    Velen: Is the Legion beating them back?
    Illidan: No, they were whining about the trails not being groomed and the locals harassing them.

Honestly, the only good point is the chest locations and the zone being a cryptic mess full of inconvenient paths and cliffs. Navigating is a bitch. The maps might as well be without detail and just show key locations with how little it shows paths. Argus is, however, supposed to be full of mobs and Fel. It's THE Legion world.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Illidan: Your heroes are running back to Azeroth like wimpering dogs with their tails between their legs!
    Velen: Is the Legion beating them back?
    Illidan: No, they were whining about the trails not being groomed and the locals harassing them.
    Totally loved it, your post has made my day..

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Are all of us who enjoy Argus wrong?
    No but a lot of people are not, for obvious reasons.

Enjoying the terrain a lot Maybe not the greenish stuff any more but that's part of the story (don't care about stories so I am not having any opinion on that part).
    And I love not being able to fly!
    Can't wait for next zone, curious.

Good patch and experience for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No but a lot of people are not, for obvious reasons.
    Obvious reasons... You mean how the same handful of players come here to complain about every patch Blizz ever releases? Those obvious reasons? Yeah, someone new joins in ever so often, but 80% of these posts could be narrowed down to a dozen or so people.

Here's a prediction: In 8.0 there will be new outdoor zones with 'new content'. The settings will follow a theme as set by the expansion title. The content will largely consist of killing x mobs because reasons and bringing back x items because we need them. Then they'll tell us that to really fix things we need to go back and kill the chief mob (which we probably killed already but it didn't count because we're getting the quest now) so we'll go back and kill them (again). Sound familiar? It was thus in Vanilla and shall be thus in Kul Tiras. I completely understand if someone gets bored and decides to play something else for a while. But to keep complaining about a game that's been this way for almost 10 years, and which you persist in playing even while you're complaining about it... That's just silly imho.

dude .. argus is fine , we have the broken ilse , now broken shore .. and now argus , and argus is still not fully unlocked so plenty of things to do , and give the DEvs time to implement new things like recipe's and other stuff , and if you have any idea's or suggestions to help em out feel free to do so

Sounds like you don't play a warrior. I haven't come across any issues, I just leap to wherever I need to go. Reroll Warrior, no reason to play any other class.

Deleted
    Agreed but it's been this way for so many years now. They just don't know how to design a fucking zone anymore. Everything has to be a fucking assault course theme park. I had this same thought about Argus on the first day, it's just a chore to get through the world quests there.

Predictably the army of neckbeard Activision sycophants are out in force.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    Silly for you? I don't know what you want to see, but flying vs non-flying has been debated since TBC.
    No it hasn't. Everyone was pro flying in TBC.

Anyone who's done much canyoneering will find the terrain of Argus realistic. That's how it is: lots of overhanging ledges, shallow caves... You can't always tell if your present route will get you where you're going, or if you'll have to turn back and scout another way around. Sometimes you risk descending, knowing that if you're wrong you won't be able to climb back up. Biggest differences are in calories expended (actually climbing and hiking vs mashing computer keys) and objective risks involved (worst that can happen is waiting 15 minutes to hearth?).

15+ Year Old Account
    Ignore the "unsub" trolls.

In my guild we have a large number who also are not happy with the new zone. Againb the dull color theme (I know it is their homeworld now, but come on).
    But what irks be the most is the blatant lie of "you have tons to do once 7.3 hits" - compared to the horrible island with ToS.
    Gating anyone? I get that most of us crazy folks qwould blast through the complete content within days if they would unlock everything. But honestly, no matter how awesome the cutsecene with Illidan was - this is the same crap as before.

Everything is gated. From recipes, the instance (next week), the storyline (each week one segment), the crudible - blah.
    Yes, you can write "then unsub" and honestly, I am considering until 7.3.5 comes along or shortly before to then enjoy the content.
    With the M+ being a joke now - then being (again, gating) boosted before the raid hits....it's just...argh!

Anyone remember Pandaria? Yes, not everyones favorite but you actually had shit to do (more diversity). Where are my scenarios that tell us more about the story of Alleria for example? Some other (current content) worthwhile things to do that are connected to actual storyline.