Poll: Should only achievements from that expansion count towards your achievement points?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Achievement Points Should Be Expansion Specific

This game is extremely hard to get into, because of its age. All legacy achievements should be put into a pane that doesn't count towards the overall points. My friends are so intimidated by the YEARS of farming that they would be behind that they don't even wanna try and catch up. For people that are OCD about things like this actually care.

I'm gonna leave you with this simple yes or no poll. Do you agree with me? I feel like this would make the game feel a lot less clunky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Achievement points do literally NOTHING.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romarii View Post
    This game is extremely hard to get into, because of its age.
    Get in to in what manner? Yes, you can't complete everything at competitive but a lot can still be acquired.

All legacy achievements should be put into a pane that doesn't count towards the overall points.
    Almost all legacy achievement points are null and void, only a few are there still.

My friends are so intimidated by the YEARS of farming that they would be behind that they don't even wanna try and catch up.
    There isn't really a reason that someone should feel intimidated by being behind, especially not achievement hunting. You can obtain a lot of them still.

For people that are OCD about things like this actually care.
    Yes, I am a completionist but not 100% OCD about it. And really, there is no blame on the mechanics for the player being OCD and yet doesn't go get that 'thing'.

I'm gonna leave you with this simple yes or no poll. Do you agree with me? I feel like this would make the game feel a lot less clunky.
    I am not 100% sure what you mean.
    Expansion divided achievement points should only count? No.
    Achievements divided by expansions but doesn't affect your overall achievement score? Oh yes, please.
    Legacy achievement points shouldn't count? I'll refer to my answer above. No, they shouldn't and hardly any does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    This is why I can't understand the 'intimidation' part of the OP.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Hey let's start playing WoW and the first thing we go for is what takes longer than anything else to complete while also being completely optional.

Legacy "unobtainable" achievements are separated into their own Tab, under Feats of Strength and Legacy achievements. As for the remaining ones, you can still obtain them. You can either blow through content and skip 12 years of content or you can do what 1 of my friends did and level through each zone, no boa gear, no power leveling, and not leaving a zone until all the quests/rep were done. Shes level 104 but still finishing up quests in the Cataclysm expansion and she told me shes enjoying the storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triginhil View Post
    Legacy "unobtainable" achievements are separated into their own Tab, under Feats of Strength and Legacy achievements. As for the remaining ones, you can still obtain them. You can either blow through content and skip 12 years of content or you can do what 1 of my friends did and level through each zone, no boa gear, no power leveling, and not leaving a zone until all the quests/rep were done. Shes level 104 but still finishing up quests in the Cataclysm expansion and she told me shes enjoying the storyline.
    I've done that method... 4 times *blush* 2 on each faction. Gotta be sure everything is tried and explored! Except, I use the BoA gear but I don't leave nor do dungeons until quests tell me to.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

There is 9000 points achievement. Not nothing

I am all for making catch up things for newcomers, being a dirty casual myself and all. But in this one case the proposition is ridiculous, the whole point of achievements is to have fun chasing for the points which yield no reward.

There needs to be some sort of cosmetic rewards or unlockable purchases for achievement points. Kind of like rep reward unlocks but broken into tiers of achievement points.

The game doesn't need to be catered around people that don't wanna play the game.

Like, what the fuck? Don't sign up for an MMORPG if the higher progress of players having played for a longer time than you gets your trousers in a bunch...

Deleted
    It's an achievement to get ALL achievement points. OP, i think you got a point.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol at achivement points, of all the things to complain about...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Omg who the hell caaaares

Achievement points hunting is something you do when you don't have anything else to do. It doesn't matter if you have 10 Achievement points to 100,000 Achievement points.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    the quests, exploration, dungeons & raids and reputation sections are already divided into each expansion, thats about the best they will do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy I was waiting for someone to bitch about achievement points. Maybe you shouldn't care? I have 15k and that just from doing random shit over the past 10 years I've played this game. I don't go for the achievements that don't give rewards either.

This game is extremely hard to get into, because of its age. All legacy achievements should be put into a pane that doesn't count towards the overall points. My friends are so intimidated by the YEARS of farming that they would be behind that they don't even wanna try and catch up. For people that are OCD about things like this actually care.

No, it wouldn't make it less "clunky". Because it doesn't actually do anything. If your friends are "intimidated" by having a game they can play for years and not run out of things to do maybe they should stick to Pong.

Yep. They do absolutely nothing. And also if Achievements were expansion specific, what about "Explorer" title? Hmmmm, and the others like it. I don't understand this thread's purpose...
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Points shouldn't even exist. They have no impact on anything at all except to make people gloat about a score. The amount of patch notes where they have adjusted the point value of specific achievements has always made my head hurt. If we could trade the points for some sort of cosmetic appearance or something that would be good. But nope. They do nothing at all. I wouldn't even notice if they got removed.

My friends are so intimidated by the YEARS of farming that they would be behind that they don't even wanna try and catch up. For people that are OCD about things like this actually care.
    If it's really a case of OCD, you should seek professional help. Or is it another case of misusing a mental health problem label for the common entitlement case.

Achievement points are meaningless, you can't buy anything for them, can't convert them into anything, do not contribute to player power, you can do everything in the game with 0 achievement points, there is even no official leaderboard for achievement hunters just some inofficial tracking, now imagine if they were also stripped off and reset ever 2 years, they might as well be deleted from the game altogether.

If there's something this game needs less, not more, is removing stuff from players (that, and rng). Oh, and time limited events "get it now, or never".