Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hmm... Climate change probably caused this.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    got a calculation by Kepler'ls law: square of orbit in astronomical units = cube of orbital time in years.
    200ly are ~ 12650000 AU.
    square is 160022500000000
    cube root is ~ 54321,xxx ?

so orbit of that smaller bl lasts > 54000 years. feel free to correct me, probably i missed some zeros on the way

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    orbital time would have been nice to know indeed. of course you can estimate a "safe" orbit around everything ( Kepler's third law does the trick) and if the BL is there, you can bet the orbit is stable for aeons past.
    Possibly. Things might be a little congested at the centre and so make it chaotic.

Special place/time in space etc etc of course

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool news. I wonder if there are more? Makes sense because galactic cores have a high density of stars, which means more black holes and/or stuff black holes can absorb.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I would give everything I have to witness with my own eyes when a collusion happens. Not from a telescope or something but see it with my own eyes from a distance, get closer slowly to it. I could die a happy man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I would give everything I have to witness with my own eyes when a collusion happens. Not from a telescope or something but see it with my own eyes from a distance, get closer slowly to it. I could die a happy man.
    See a black hole?

You know how a black hole works, yeah? The whole point is you can't see it.

@Phookah I was talking about the whole galaxy colluding thing they were talking in the posts. Would like to see from the maximum possible distance with my own eyes are able. Then slowly get close to the center of it. Sorry I am not good at these things my explanation sucks I think. It is just I am amazed by physics and universe.

Oh by the way, seeing a black hole I mean we can't see yes but there are stars and opss there is a place where there are no stars completely pitchblack. Possible black hole. It is like entering a cave, first there is light. Then there is nothing but darkness. You see but don't see. You see darkness. I mean that is how I imagine at least. That would be awesome as well. Slowly getting close to that pitch black dot. You see nothing.
    Last edited by Gref; 2017-09-05 at 05:44 AM.

Deleted
    Im just happy the Milky Way doesnt have a brown hole tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Im just happy the Milky Way doesnt have a brown hole tbh.
    Oh it does, there's plenty of brownholes here on earth, and we're in the milky way, sooooo..
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    @Phookah I was talking about the whole galaxy colluding thing they were talking in the posts. Would like to see from the maximum possible distance with my own eyes are able. Then slowly get close to the center of it. Sorry I am not good at these things my explanation sucks I think. It is just I am amazed by physics and universe.

Oh by the way, seeing a black hole I mean we can't see yes but there are stars and opss there is a place where there are no stars completely pitchblack. Possible black hole. It is like entering a cave, first there is light. Then there is nothing but darkness. You see but don't see. You see darkness. I mean that is how I imagine at least. That would be awesome as well. Slowly getting close to that pitch black dot. You see nothing.
    This isn't how anything works.

Andromeda is thousands of light years across, even if it is traveling at the speed of light, which it isn't, it would still take thousands of years for any "collision" to happen once it started. If you're talking specifically about black holes colliding, you would see nothing from that as any matter in a black hole is trapped there permenantly, as well as any light. You will probably just see a cloud of gas heat up, which isn't terribly uncommon.

As far as seeing a black hole, it isn't a special kind of darkness, it is just as if nothing is there, but that isn't the whole story, as any matter that may be falling into it becomes super heated and possibly luminous. If you want to see darkness, go into a closet without windows, close the door, close you eyes, and cover them with your arm. Darkness.

Matthew McConaughey has know about this for years. Super powerful out of time aliens are just trying to spy on us though bookshelves and shit.

It's not a news. It's really impressive but it's not dangerous for earth until billions of years ahah.
    Last edited by verganna; 2017-09-13 at 01:34 PM.