Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valizix View Post
    it should be his dream come true, he has soo much free time now to punch nazis in the face
    Would be pretty funny if he ended up with the white supremacists, which he will probably end up with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Labor is replaceable, but so are employers. The key as labor, is to maintain and increase your value.
    How much labor is displaced in between employers being replaced? Your key is also impossible, because your value is relative. The more people take your advice, the less effective it is.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    This makes absolutely no sense. Feminism is counter culture, it is going against the status quo. There has always been push back to feminism. 19th amendment is less than a 100 years old.
    Don't confuse actual feminism with third wave feminism. Actual feminism had goals, and they achieved them, now we have "feminists" telling us that looking at a girl is rape, and that girls in video games should be ugly to reflect the real world. These people don't want equality, they already have it, they want power and preferential treatment. Sad part is, this isn't a counter culture anymore, this is being pushed as a mainstream narrative, people actually resisting this bullshit are the true counter culture activists.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    And again, you are conflating multiple groups into a single homogeneous group to fit your narrative. Too truly understand whats happening, one must look outside of their own prejudice outlook on major subsets of the population. But i mean, please, keep calling everyone you disagree with a nazi, works really well I hear, if you keep it up you might get a date with Anita!
    It isn't my narrative, it is the shared values and ideals of all of the white supremacist, Neo-Nazi groups. It is the reason why they erected confederate statues, state and local government public declarations, and intimidation tactics during the civil rights era, why Reagan announced his candidacy in Philadelphia, Mississippi, and why Arpaio is lauded for violating a court order, while at the same time violating the rights of US citizens and non-citizens. It's all under the encompassing conservative ideology that was born in the slave plantations of the South, it persisted through the civil war and reconstruction, renewed under the flag of "small government" states' rights when Goldwater and Buckley proclaimed it, dog-whistled when Reagan spoke in Philadelphia, Mississippi, spoke of welfare queens and the three strikes program. And we have come to today, where conservatives have rallied around Ethno-White Nationalism because it states in most simplest terms that White authority and supremacy will live on.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    It isn't my narrative, it is the shared values and ideals of all of the white supremacist, Neo-Nazi groups. It is the reason why they erected confederate statues, state and local government public declarations, and intimidation tactics during the civil rights era, why Reagan announced his candidacy in Philadelphia, Mississippi, and why Arpaio is lauded for violating a court order, while at the same time violating the rights of US citizens and non-citizens. It's all under the encompassing conservative ideology that was born in the slave plantations of the South, it persisted through the civil war and reconstruction, renewed under the flag of "small government" states' rights when Goldwater and Buckley proclaimed it, dog-whistled when Reagan spoke in Philadelphia, Mississippi, spoke of welfare queens and the three strikes program. And we have come to today, where conservatives have rallied around Ethno-White Nationalism because it states in most simplest terms that White authority and supremacy will live on.
    Change "white nationalists" with "comrade" and you get the same result, just different means. One group wishes you were gone due to your skin color, the other wishes you were gone because of your ideology, both have the same goals, just different ways of achieving them. Don't kid yourself with the thought that leftists are on another moral level, because they're not, this is the problem with the status quo and where things are heading. Just because you agree with one extremist group doesn't make it any different than the other, they're both trying to do the same thing, get power and oust "the enemy". The big difference is the crazy neo-nazis are a fringe group universally hated by all, while the leftist groups have completely penetrated all aspects of life, now if you say "i don't agree with this policy when it comes to extreme diversity" at google, you get shit canned, give it 20 years and you'll be sent to the gulag.

How much labor is displaced in between employers being replaced? Your key is also impossible, because your value is relative. The more people take your advice, the less effective it is.
    That's true, not everyone can be a success story. Then again, tat does not make them victims, or mean it's up to the government to fix it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Change "white nationalists" with "comrade" and you get the same result, just different means. One group wishes you were gone due to your skin color, the other wishes you were gone because of your ideology, both have the same goals, just different ways of achieving them. Don't kid yourself with the thought that leftists are on another moral level, because they're not, this is the problem with the status quo and where things are heading. Just because you agree with one extremist group doesn't make it any different than the other, they're both trying to do the same thing, get power and oust "the enemy". The big difference is the crazy neo-nazis are a fringe group universally hated by all, while the leftist groups have completely penetrated all aspects of life, now if you say "i don't agree with this policy when it comes to extreme diversity" at google, you get shit canned, give it 20 years and you'll be sent to the gulag.
    This is more false equivalency because you yourself ascribe to the motives and ideals of US modern conservatism. The "left" in this country doesn't exist, for it always has been a tug of war between Right wing White supremacists/segregationists and a centrist party who have been co-opted by real grassroots popular support in the 21st century to force the country to recognize their rights as human beings and Americans. The same is being done right now with other minority groups, and it's the exact same type of violent pushback and vitriol that the civil rights activists endured during the 60's. You are on the side that wants to restrict and deny human rights to other citizens and humans, and like the segregationists and racists in the 1960's, you are on the wrong side.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    This is more false equivalency because you yourself ascribe to the motives and ideals of US modern conservatism. The "left" in this country doesn't exist, for it always has been a tug of war between Right wing White supremacists/segregationists and a centrist party who have been co-opted by real grassroots popular support in the 21st century to force the country to recognize their rights as human beings and Americans. The same is being done right now with other minority groups, and it's the exact same type of violent pushback and vitriol that the civil rights activists endured during the 60's. You are on the side that wants to restrict and deny human rights to other citizens and humans, and like the segregationists and racists in the 1960's, you are on the wrong side.
    How am i trying to oppress people? Is it a bad thing to have everyone on a level playing field? is it a bad thing to have people be given accolades for their achievements in life, and not given accolades because of their race, creed, gender? I am really confused here, because if you read anything i wrote you would understand that i am far from a US modern conservative, just because you don't agree with what i am saying doesn't mean i am the epitome of everything you hate. because, lets be real here, by you calling me a modern conservative, you're actually calling me a Nazi. Giving people, ANYONE, preferential treatment is wrong, i don't care if you're white, black, transsexual, gay, whatever.... If you want to be a part of modern society, you have to live up to the same standards as everyone else, and if you're told you don't, then you are being told you're not as good "the white man". That's not the message we want to send to our youth, would i want my future daughter, or granddaughter, or gay son to feel that they don't have achieve as much because they're different? fuck that, and by telling them their different, you're strengthening an artificially created rift made by the left and their extreme identity politics. I really hope you can see what I'm talking about, because its extremely important.

10+ Year Old Account
    How am i trying to oppress people? Is it a bad thing to have everyone on a level playing field? is it a bad thing to have people be given accolades for their achievements in life, and not given accolades because of their race, creed, gender? I am really confused here, because if you read anything i wrote you would understand that i am far from a US modern conservative, just because you don't agree with what i am saying doesn't mean i am the epitome of everything you hate. because, lets be real here, by you calling me a modern conservative, you're actually calling me a Nazi. Giving people, ANYONE, preferential treatment is wrong, i don't care if you're white, black, transsexual, gay, whatever.... If you want to be a part of modern society, you have to live up to the same standards as everyone else, and if you're told you don't, then you are being told you're not as good "the white man". That's not the message we want to send to our youth, would i want my future daughter, or granddaughter, or gay son to feel that they don't have achieve as much because they're different? fuck that, and by telling them their different, you're strengthening an artificially created rift made by the left and their extreme identity politics. I really hope you can see what I'm talking about, because its extremely important.
    Cool story. You're assuming all of this "preferential treatment" doesn't exist because, I dunno, the playing field isn't actually level to start with and said things are designed to rectify that to some extent?

But I'm sure the response will be some bullshit about how the US is a post-racist/sexist/whatever society and that the only reason there are tensions is 'identity politics'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Cool story. You're assuming all of this "preferential treatment" doesn't exist because, I dunno, the playing field isn't actually level to start with and said things are designed to rectify that to some extent?

But I'm sure the response will be some bullshit about how the US is a post-racist/sexist/whatever society and that the only reason there are tensions is 'identity politics'.
    Funny, if you join the military for example, the female physical fitness test is substantially easier than the male physical fitness test. Yet, the third wave feminists would tell you that there is no difference, biologically, between male and females. Now, i think we both know this is completely false, and men, biologically have far superior chest muscle and arm muscle, making something like a push up substantially easier. Now, lets dive deeper into this shall we? Women get 18:54 to run 2 miles, before their time is considered failing, yet men of the same age bracket (17-21) are expected to run the same distance, but only have 15:54. Its funny, because women biologically, have stronger legs, proportionate to their bodies, then men, yet have MUCH lower standards. Now, if we were to say "everyone has to pass the exact same PT test, with the female standards", how many feminist groups would be up in arms? We made it so everyone is on the same playing field, the field women's groups pushed for.

Its the same exact exact thing with "EO", which by its own validity is racist and sexist, because its prejudice against whites and asians (men). Justifying your racism and sexism with hyperbole doesn't make it excusable, it is what it is, when you make quotas to higher people based solely on race/creed/gender, you're becoming part of the problem. When you tell people they don't have to try as hard, or that they'll never be as good as "the white man", you're fostering the racism you claim you're trying to get rid of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't confuse actual feminism with third wave feminism. Actual feminism had goals, and they achieved them, now we have "feminists" telling us that looking at a girl is rape, and that girls in video games should be ugly to reflect the real world. These people don't want equality, they already have it, they want power and preferential treatment. Sad part is, this isn't a counter culture anymore, this is being pushed as a mainstream narrative, people actually resisting this bullshit are the true counter culture activists.
    What am I confusing exactly? You called them faminist and those who call out faminists now, in all likelihood didn't change their view recently.

Also, I disagree with it being mainstream. The argument that they are evil and out to get you, is main stream in conservative sites like BrietBart and InfoWars, but isn't actually happening. There is no mainstream movement to define looking at someone as rape, but someone sure as hell convinced you otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

That's true, not everyone can be a success story. Then again, tat does not make them victims, or mean it's up to the government to fix it.
    No, I didn't say it makes anyone a victim. It's a natural scale of how shit works. Those with money to afford creating jobs, will always have power over individual employees. Seeing as how US government is of the people, by the people, for the people... it is actually the job of the government to level the playing field for the people. It is government that grants you the power to stand up or gave any recourse versus an employer. Yes, it does mean government needs to fix it... that's their actual job... it's why billions are spent on making government smaller. It's a cost effective way to limit the power you have as citizen in government.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    What am I confusing exactly? You called them faminist and those who call out faminists now, in all likelihood didn't change their view recently.

Also, I disagree with it being mainstream. The argument that they are evil and out to get you, is main stream in conservative sites like BrietBart and InfoWars, but isn't actually happening. There is no mainstream movement to define looking at someone as rape, but someone sure as hell convinced you otherwise.
    Main stream conservatism is a joke, and is completely infested by religious zealots.

Also, I've witnessed it myself, from the military, to college, and now at work, feminazis are trying to infest tons of mediums in which we all enjoy. Even my GF who was very liberal when we met has changed substantially over the past few years, her friends have become absolutely unbearable to be around, to the point she doesn't even hangout with them anymore. If you don't think this is being pushed as mainstream you're kidding yourself, look at the panels that youtube has now, content controllers who are lead by people like Anita Sarkeesian, she was even a part of the blizzard activision "diversity council". Her and others like her are trying to fundamentally change things are perfectly fine in a bid for power.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I didn't say it makes anyone a victim. It's a natural scale of how shit works. Those with money to afford creating jobs, will always have power over individual employees. Seeing as how US government is of the people, by the people, for the people... it is actually the job of the government to level the playing field for the people. It is government that grants you the power to stand up or gave any recourse versus an employer. Yes, it does mean government needs to fix it... that's their actual job... it's why billions are spent on making government smaller. It's a cost effective way to limit the power you have as citizen in government.
    Then you don't get to complain when corporations use that very same government for their agenda. After all, corporations are people...

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you don't get to complain when corporations use that very same government for their agenda. After all, corporations are people...
    What do you mean I don't get to complain? I've been saying it for years. Before citizens united and after. In the face of conservatives, while liberals were doing their 'what do you think should be removed' shtick. Never getting the point... I know it's hard, because I post way more than any normal human should post here, but feel free to check my post history. As far back as you can go, you will see me try to expose 'small government' rhetoric as a scam, with a sole purpose of the people losing power.

Here is something else that's fun to consider. You know that the reason or the crux of citizens united was Hillary Clinton? The argument was that Michael Moore's Fereignheight 9/11 was as much of a campaign donation, as a GOP pack running an anti-Hillary documentary that lost a case where it was defined as a campaign donation. Citizens united was specifically made to grant anonymity to limitless donations in stopping Hillary through Super Packs. What happens just a few years later, she get beat by Trump, who is still the head of Trump Corpiration.

What do you mean I don't get to complain? I've been saying it for years. Before citizens united and after. In the face of conservatives, while liberals were doing their 'what do you think should be removed' shtick. Never getting the point... I know it's hard, because I post way more than any normal human should post here, but feel free to check my post history. As far back as you can go, you will see me try to expose 'small government' rhetoric as a scam, with a sole purpose of the people losing power.

Here is something else that's fun to consider. You know that the reason or the crux of citizens united was Hillary Clinton? The argument was that Michael Moore's Fereignheight 9/11 was as much of a campaign donation, as a GOP pack running an anti-Hillary documentary that lost a case where it was defined as a campaign donation. Citizens united was specifically made to grant anonymity to limitless donations in stopping Hillary through Super Packs. What happens just a few years later, she get beat by Trump, who is still the head of Trump Corpiration.
    You don't get to complain when the government you've been trying to use to push over others, doesn't work as intended, and backfires. That's what happens when government gets so expansive, and you lose control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Main stream conservatism is a joke, and is completely infested by religious zealots.
    You do know that the large part of Trump's failure to get his original travel ban to pass, was the speech he gave to evengelicals? Where he explained the religion clause, as specifically to help christians. You do know that Trump lambasted Hillary at NYC elites dinner, for not being a true catholic? He did the same on the campaign trail, but it's funnier when he is being jeered for it by the clergy and a the cardinal actually turning away from the podium Trump was speaking at?

Trump supports and has even taken action on, every issue that you can blame on religious zealots.

Also, I've witnessed it myself, from the military, to college, and now at work, feminazis are trying to infest tons of mediums in which we all enjoy. Even my GF who was very liberal when we met has changed substantially over the past few years, her friends have become absolutely unbearable to be around, to the point she doesn't even hangout with them anymore. If you don't think this is being pushed as mainstream you're kidding yourself, look at the panels that youtube has now, content controllers who are lead by people like Anita Sarkeesian, she was even a part of the blizzard activision "diversity council". Her and others like her are trying to fundamentally change things are perfectly fine in a bid for power.
    Yes, and yet I have had no such issues. No friend breaks up over faminists... what's the word for that? Anecdotal evidence? Followed by a video game company hiring someone? WTF? This is main stream?

You know what else is fun. The fact that Trump candidacy was orchestrated by Steve Bannon, who made his fortune as a WoW gold seller. He saw the reaction we had in WoW to Chines gold sellers, while he as a profiteer was nowhere near China. He saw the condoning of xenophobia that never even had anyone white knight for it and learned. Now you are here bitching that the mainstream is reflected in your GF's experience and WoW hiring someone? Hook, line & sinker...

- - - Updated - - -

You don't get to complain when the government you've been trying to use to push over others, doesn't work as intended, and backfires. That's what happens when government gets so expansive, and you lose control.
    What are you talking about? Who exactly is pushed over in government of the people, by the people, for the people? The government isn't losing control, you are giving it up. By seemingly still buying the big government bullshit, you are still culpable.

You do know that the large part of Trump's failure to get his original travel ban to pass, was the speech he gave to evengelicals? Where he explained the religion clause, as specifically to help christians. You do know that Trump lambasted Hillary at NYC elites dinner, for not being a true catholic? He did the same on the campaign trail, but it's funnier when he is being jeered for it by the clergy and a the cardinal actually turning away from the podium Trump was speaking at?

Trump supports and has even taken action on, every issue that you can blame on religious zealots.

Yes, and yet I have had no such issues. No friend breaks up over faminists... what's the word for that? Anecdotal evidence? Followed by a video game company hiring someone? WTF? This is main stream?

You know what else is fun. The fact that Trump candidacy was orchestrated by Steve Bannon, who made his fortune as a WoW gold seller. He saw the reaction we had in WoW to Chines gold sellers, while he as a profiteer was nowhere near China. He saw the condoning of xenophobia that never even had anyone white knight for it and learned. Now you are here bitching that the mainstream is reflected in your GF's experience and WoW hiring someone? Hook, line & sinker...

- - - Updated - - -

What are you talking about? Who exactly is pushed over in government of the people, by the people, for the people? The government isn't losing control, you are giving it up. By seemingly still buying the big government bullshit, you are still culpable.
    Well, companies and other people are pushed around by government. Governments for the people are never for ALL the people, only for those in charge.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account

I am not sure why you keep bringing up trump, i dont support him, nor do i mention him at all, yet you keep bringing him as a way to make my argument meaningless? Thats a staw man if ive ever seen one.

Also, you act like google, apple, microsoft, intel, basically all major media outlets, are "small gamer companies that dont impact the real world"? That's funny, one of the major role players in the feminist movement over the last couple of years, Brianna Wu, is running for congress here in MA to push her shitty feminazi ideology upon the masses. Scary part about that is that she will probably win, all the idiots here will circle jerk to that joke. But, I guess major fortune 500 companies, and members of congress are just "gamer companies that don't matter" right? Nice talking points from 2014 though! If you don't think people from either side aren't trying their hardest to push an agenda into the mainstream, you're out of your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, companies and other people are pushed around by government. Governments for the people are never for ALL the people, only for those in charge.
    Companies are pushed around? Have you seen the stock market? How exactly are companies pushed around? "Other people" do not get pushed around either, individuals do. There is no other people, when we are talking American people. That's another bullshit tact people are buying... we are all real Americans... there is no subset of victim Real Americans. Just individuals that think their individuality needs to be expressed through government. Even if it means the people are not represented, because at least then you are on equal footing as an individual, to the people.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not sure why you keep bringing up trump, i dont support him, nor do i mention him at all, yet you keep bringing him as a way to make my argument meaningless? Thats a staw man if ive ever seen one.
    Oh bullshit... no one is a Trump supporter, you just regurgitate his rhetoric and then deny there is any tie. Let's completely ignore that the only reason this discussion is even had, is because he won the election. The fact that he did his 'both sides' speech. Trump isn't a straw man, he is the reason this discussion is being had.

Also, you act like google, apple, microsoft, intel, basically all major media outlets, are "small gamer companies that dont impact the real world"? That's funny, one of the major role players in the feminist movement over the last couple of years, Brianna Wu, is running for congress here in MA to push her shitty feminazi ideology upon the masses. Scary part about that is that she will probably win, all the idiots here will circle jerk to that joke. But, I guess major fortune 500 companies, and members of congress are just "gamer companies that don't matter" right? Nice talking points from 2014 though! If you don't think people from either side aren't trying their hardest to push an agenda into the mainstream, you're out of your mind.
    Oh... did something change after 2014? Did someone run for president and win?

How exactly is one congress woman, who hasn't even won yet, a reflection of mainstream? Do you actually know what that means or going to pretend that companies take action on something other their bottom line?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh bullshit... no one is a Trump supporter, you just regurgitate his rhetoric and then deny there is any tie. Let's completely ignore that the only reason this discussion is even had, is because he won the election. The fact that he did his 'both sides' speech. Trump isn't a straw man, he is the reason this discussion is being had.

Oh... did something change after 2014? Did someone run for president and win?

How exactly is one congress woman, who hasn't even won yet, a reflection of mainstream? Do you actually know what that means or going to pretend that companies take action on something other their bottom line?
    Lmao you're the one regurgitating neo-con bullshit, i stated my stance and now you're trying to align me with alt-right bull shit, classic move. If you dont think people running for office, or people holding key censoring positions within major fortune 500 companies is a problem, then you're just beyond ignorant. Do you know how much lobbying power these companies have? Do you not understand how much they can truly do with the amount of power they have? Do you not think a Senator is an influential individual? This is the USA, the president is the emperor, however Obama sure tried to consolidate all that power into the executive branch. However, here in the real world, senators and major corporations do have an insane amount of power, they have power over what you watch, what you hear, where you work, civil liberties.... But its cool, keep calling anyone with a dissenting point of view of yours a Drumpf supporting neo-nazi, its kewl bruh, when youre hanging out with all those feminist girls, telling them how amazing they are, maybe you'll get a hand job if you hate enough white men!