Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Get belo'vir lege, with it you are one of the tankiest classes in the game, not including tanks of course...
    Last edited by mmoc5633d002d8; 2017-08-27 at 12:50 PM.

Deleted
    Other than being annoyed at Blizzard for making certain creep immune to roots and snares?

Mostly just facetank with Ice Barrier and kill stuff before it gets to me. Ice Floes and Blink are good for kitting between Ice Barrier cool-downs when fighting something that doesn't fall over instantly.

Fire has 2 lives and heals itself greatly with every shimmer. Try it. You will be surprised.

5+ Year Old Account
    Squishy? 5 miln hp, double ice block, ice barrier, prydaz optional with blink chest and you call us squishy? We are more packed than a single tank. Hahah

Frost has slows, double iceblock/barrier
    Fire has blink with a heal, cauterize and speed buffs.

Prydaz and Belovirs are very helpful for soloing rares

But even at 930 Ilvl I prefered to join groups on Broken Shore and now Argus since it's just a lot quicker than trying to solo anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Squishy? 5 miln hp, double ice block, ice barrier, prydaz optional with blink chest and you call us squishy? We are more packed than a single tank. Hahah
    yes squishy ... 2 of what you said are legendaries, 1 is a frost only ability, play Affliction Warlock who can stand there, do his normal rotation and not have to use any defensive abilities like ice block or depend on specific legendaries and then yes you'll feel squishy!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry you will get used to it. It's really funny class.

Deleted
    Of course it's different than Affliction, but yeah, you'll get used to it.
    You could go with Mirror Images as an aggro drop + additional tanking cd if you feel you need some more survivability aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Mages do not have voidwalkers and have zero self healing, mages need to kite, even at higher levels.
    Or get a follower that tanks for you ^^.

All that "just kite" and the slowing spells mean nothing to rares that are immune to cc. The rest is a piece of cake, but there are alot of rares now that have so much health and cc immunity that it takes a while to get them down, and when you cannot snare them, you cant properly kite them at all times.

Arcane is able to kite quite well due to its blink resets and ping pong back and forth, including moving while channeling arcane missles, but the problem is, that you also run out of mana very fast on rares with alot of health.

And lol @ followers, they won't hold aggro for you...

I doubt anyone is having problems with mobs in general, its just the high health + cc immune rares that are messy.

Arcane mage here. I just "set up shop" after pulling the mob(s) I want. Setting up shop being RoP/AP and nuke it down. The 100-140m HP elites melt when you have Vargoth's buff + AP + Rune then throw down the new Argus-only Light Nuke.

I imagine it would be hell for players geared more appropriately for the offered rewards (880-900) for the area though. I'm 936.

I've been a mage for over 10 years. I've never kited (never really been frost). It's unnecessary. I just stand there and tank. Shit dies before I do. Mages used to be squishy. They haven't been for awhile due to self healing and barriers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Which one does that? I don't really use followers, but Argus is making me consider it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way i'm ditching Millhouse, he is useless piece of shit but he is entertaining!

Anyways, i've been doing all world content in 7.3 as arcane and it felt quite hard without blink healing. So i'm sticking with fire, weak-ass shield, healing potions, huge damage output and heal allows you to kinda kill anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should bring regenerative ice back , i think we're the only class with 0 heals :/ (except fire mage)
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Which one does that? I don't really use followers, but Argus is making me consider it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    No way i'm ditching Millhouse, he is useless piece of shit but he is entertaining!

Anyways, i've been doing all world content in 7.3 as arcane and it felt quite hard without blink healing. So i'm sticking with fire, weak-ass shield, healing potions, huge damage output and heal allows you to kinda kill anything
    I dont know if one can realy tank for the mage but most give you enough extra burst to solo rares easy, i use the new goblin mage as follower with the name noone can write or say ^^ his aoe is just nuts.

As fire, using Varagoth(or whoever, the bodyguard that gives the 20% damage buff) the chest has not been necessary for me to solo any rare on Argus thus far. I have a much harder time soloing as frost, because of no self heals and because the scorch belt/artifact talent as fire makes you run so fast you can kite any mob endlessly, even in a very small room.

That said, as frost, I tend to have a pretty easy time as well w/ double hero/ice block/20% buff, ect, but I can see it being tough if my ilvl was significantly lower. With fire, just kiting with shimmer builds health faster than most rares can take it off unless you stand in a telegraphed attack.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know if one can realy tank for the mage but most give you enough extra burst to solo rares easy, i use the new goblin mage as follower with the name noone can write or say ^^ his aoe is just nuts.
    Tell me more about this new goblin mage follower.

You mean Akazamzarak? Ack-uh-zam-zuh-rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    You mean Akazamzarak? Ack-uh-zam-zuh-rack.
    Yes and please tell me you used google you write his name ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post
    All that "just kite" and the slowing spells mean nothing to rares that are immune to cc. The rest is a piece of cake, but there are alot of rares now that have so much health and cc immunity that it takes a while to get them down, and when you cannot snare them, you cant properly kite them at all times.

Arcane is able to kite quite well due to its blink resets and ping pong back and forth, including moving while channeling arcane missles, but the problem is, that you also run out of mana very fast on rares with alot of health.

And lol @ followers, they won't hold aggro for you...

I doubt anyone is having problems with mobs in general, its just the high health + cc immune rares that are messy.
    I agree with this completely. It's one thing when you out gear everything and your CC's work as expected. It's another thing entirely when you are fighting some rares with appropriate levels of gear. I find it incredibly frustrating that my frost mage has to stand there and get smashed in the face because my slows don't work. By comparison most other classes still have their entire survival toolkit still available.