Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolwasabi View Post
    I think it will be a buff until you get to 30-33 juggernaut stacks than it starts to be a nerf. Execute damage itself will start to be behind till around 16-17 but total damage will be higher till around 30 is my guess.
    Ya it seems like ~15 stacks is where the cast damage is going to break even and ~30 is when the overall damage is going to start being a nerf.
    I think it is a good change although I feel like it would have been nice to nerf to 4% or leave current damage and cap stacks but give much faster ramp up
    Last edited by Shadeslayerz; 2017-08-15 at 09:40 PM.

Really glad for this change. Feels so bad to start into Juggernaut stacking to realize "SHIT I should have stuck with regular rotation i just gimped myself, since the boss is dying way faster than i anticipated."

Happens to me all the time where is start hitting hard and boss dies before I really do much.

At least now I won't feel bad burning my initial battle cry <20 on execute stacking.

So I finally got my T20 4pc and I'm not sure I'm understanding its value or maybe I'm not making good use of it. It seems to favor selecting something other than Inner Rage so you can hit more Raging Blows during Enrage for higher stacks and a more beefy Bloodthirst. Using Inner Rage, the most stacks I ever get at a time is two or three. I like Inner Rage. It makes the rotation feel smoother. But I'm basically ignoring the set bonuses right now apart from prioritizing Enraged Raging Blow over Rampage. Am I doing something wrong or are the set bonuses very underwhelming this tier?
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    So I finally got my T20 4pc and I'm not sure I'm understanding its value or maybe I'm not making good use of it. It seems to favor selecting something other than Inner Rage so you can hit more Raging Blows during Enrage for higher stacks and a more beefy Bloodthirst. Using Inner Rage, the most stacks I ever get at a time is two or three. I like Inner Rage. It makes the rotation feel smoother. But I'm basically ignoring the set bonuses right now apart from prioritizing Enraged Raging Blow over Rampage. Am I doing something wrong or are the set bonuses very underwhelming this tier?
    Well not really. You are not ignoring it by just benefiting from 1-3 stacks of it. Suppose the amount of stacks just makes it contribute to other playstyles than Inner Rage.

As far as i know, playing with Frenzy or BB is possible, but just not very smooth due to the way the 4p will end playing out in the end. Apparntly you would stack up the 4p while enraged leaving the actual use of BT (with stacks) to hit when you are not affected by enrage anymore, which is shit.

i can't remember the specifics really, but it was something like this. Buttomline was that Innerrage is really fucking strong, and the 1-3 stacks you get passively while running your rotation is a fine chunck of dmg afterall. Det possible gain from going without Innerrage, just did not outweight the downside of not having it.

Surely someone can elaborate more on this tho.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The damage per stack on the BT damage increase is actually higher with Inner Rage to account for the 4.5sec CD. It doesn't change much about your rotation. Just damage boosts. They aren't underwhelming as they're stronger than T19 single target. They're just not as engaging.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Brising View Post
    Well not really. You are not ignoring it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    They're just not as engaging.
    Yeah that's basically what I've been feeling. That's why I said I'm pretty much just ignoring the set bonuses. I'm just doing the rotation like I did before I had the set bonuses because it hasn't really changed the way I play. I guess they wanted Arms to have all the fun this tier or something. Better set bonuses, better Execute phase, better burst, better cleave, and better survivability. But the playstyle is utter shit. I'd rather watch paint try than play Arms in its current state. At least Fury is looking good in the next tier.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fury has better burst, actually, but have you played Arms with Rend/TM build? It doesn't feel like shit compared to FoB/Trauma. Execute ring helps too. I like playing both specs personally though and I'm constantly swapping between the two. Both are doing fine for ToS even.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    Yeah that's basically what I've been feeling. That's why I said I'm pretty much just ignoring the set bonuses. I'm just doing the rotation like I did before I had the set bonuses because it hasn't really changed the way I play. I guess they wanted Arms to have all the fun this tier or something. Better set bonuses, better Execute phase, better burst, better cleave, and better survivability. But the playstyle is utter shit. I'd rather watch paint try than play Arms in its current state. At least Fury is looking good in the next tier.
    Ah right, yes in that way we are ignoring it completely. And agree to most of the rest (:

Sorry if its been asked before but after noticing that bloodbath was stronger on many cleave fights I practiced it for a while as single target for when adds are not up. When I tried later just replacing IR with bloodbath I would produce very similar results at ~1mil, maybe only a few thousand less over ~5-10 min attempts at a time. My rotation that gave me the most consistent results was mostly Ramp 100r>BT>RB>FS, and with helm and pants. Is the reason this talent is simmed alot weaker because of execute phase, even with the strong extra bleed during execute cooldown stacking or is the rotation just not finessed as much for simcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadeslayerz View Post
    Ya it seems like ~15 stacks is where the cast damage is going to break even and ~30 is when the overall damage is going to start being a nerf.
    I think it is a good change although I feel like it would have been nice to nerf to 4% or leave current damage and cap stacks but give much faster ramp up
    I'm usually at 40-50+ stacks by the end of a kill during progression, so it'll be a nerf for the content I mostly care about. It's not a huge nerf (5% for that phase only), but still a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Montegomery View Post
    I'm usually at 40-50+ stacks by the end of a kill during progression, so it'll be a nerf for the content I mostly care about. It's not a huge nerf (5% for that phase only), but still a nerf.
    Jesus I dont think i've ever gotten above like 30 stacks on any fight. Heroic Star Augur not switching to the add at the end was the only time I've ever gotten remotely high. That and M Krosus if you dont switch to adds again. Basically not doing mechanics and dps whoring.

I'm in a fairly casual heroic guild, which means on first (second, third, fourth etc.) kills we're usually down at least a few DPS, and many of our DPS aren't exactly top performers in the first place. Given this change I'd assume my situation is probably not the norm.

I remember my highest stacks, about 60 on Heroic KJ, our second kill. From 10% onwards I think the only people alive were the two tanks, a priest with the cloak, and 4-5 DPS myself included. I got a great parse out of it, 1M early in the tier was pretty damn high DPS. I had shit luck with Convergence or it would have been even higher.

On non progression however you're lucky to get to 20, and it's usually 15.

Deleted
    In general for mythic + (or basically fights where you cleave) as fury. If you had to choose from legendary helm or pants. Which one would be the best to go with? You have the whirlwind waist as well which is a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Apacho View Post
    In general for mythic + (or basically fights where you cleave) as fury. If you had to choose from legendary helm or pants. Which one would be the best to go with? You have the whirlwind waist as well which is a given.
    Depending on the affix... Helm/Pants probably your best combo.

I usually never run the belt just for boss damage higher M+.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    Depending on the affix... Helm/Pants probably your best combo.

I usually never run the belt just for boss damage higher M+.
    You could change your equipment set out of combat, if you want to. Only the talents are locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandha87 View Post
    You could change your equipment set out of combat, if you want to. Only the talents are locked.
    Right but i typically only use belt if i use wrecking ball. However i noticed on WCL that a lot of people use avatar with the belt on Desolate Host Mythic.. which we are on now.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    Right but i typically only use belt if i use wrecking ball. However i noticed on WCL that a lot of people use avatar with the belt on Desolate Host Mythic.. which we are on now.
    Well you shouldn't equate doing the most damage with executing the fighting optimally. If you are having issues with adds not dying (more often though you are going to have both priestesses die before the scream goes out....because people can't stop cleaving to pad their DPS) then by all means use the belt, but like most fights ST priority damage is what matters. So, I wouldn't use belt/WB untit its on farm and you are trying to get a good rank.

In general I much prefer the control of Avatar vs the randomness of WB, but yeah on M+ just swap out the belt between trash and bosses, assuming the appropriate affix.

Has anyone tested Void Stalker's Contract yet? Just got a 910 from the relinquished vendor. Seems like really nice burst dps

From the wowhead comments :

- it can be used in range;
    - the damage seems to scale with ap;
    - it can crit based on the character's crit chance;
    - it deals physical damage, which means a portion of it (around 15-20%) will usually be mitigated;
    - the two stalkers seems to strike in the shape of a cross;
    - the damage is not shared between targets.

From world quests it seems to work with Battle Cry. Wonder how it compares with the moonglaives.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWAltoholic View Post
    Has anyone tested Void Stalker's Contract yet? Just got a 910 from the relinquished vendor. Seems like really nice burst dps

From the wowhead comments :

- it can be used in range;
    - the damage seems to scale with ap;
    - it can crit based on the character's crit chance;
    - it deals physical damage, which means a portion of it (around 15-20%) will usually be mitigated;
    - the two stalkers seems to strike in the shape of a cross;
    - the damage is not shared between targets.

From world quests it seems to work with Battle Cry. Wonder how it compares with the moonglaives.
    It's decent, but not as good as Moonglaives.

I haven't looked myself, but you should double check the "scaling with AP" claim; most trinkets don't (in fact, I don't believe any current direct damage trinkets do), however, they are affected by Mastery, Versatility, and class specific buffs. Also physical damage reduction is about 30%, not 15-20.