Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Nagassss massster race

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    They were, before becoming energy, biological beings. It wouldn't be impossible for the females to pull their energy and wrappings into a femaleish figure. There had never been female Pandaran or Worgen or Draenei before they were added.
    they were, they are no more, even if they have gender, their don't have any others things who make a race cool, not even a face, and most of the playerbase only care about this, thats way we have a lot of elves, and that mask idea is stupid

I have no idea how you're seriously suggesting barely sentient creatures such as Saurok or one-off created lifeforms like Maloriak. Especially the later seeing as the Dragonflights are basically being phased out.
    if you ever did the quests in the isle of thunder with then you will see they are sentient enough, and maloriak is sentient.

The Drakonid are dragons with humanoid form, they could easily become playable if they want

Arakkoa would have been nice, but they're simply not relevant anymore, same with Ogres (sadly ;_; )
    they could be relevant again, lore is always changing, they could pull worgens, they can do a lot of things

Vykrul could, but other than being 'big humans' they don't really bring much to the table.
    like dwarfs are small humans, or orcs are green humans, rly, this don't make sense overall

they are different enough, they have a good and diverse lore and they are a viking race, would bring a lot of new players
    Naga would be nice, and fitting giving the potential sea-based expansion, but seeing as we're going against the Void, there's more and more Ethereals appearing in-game, we're now travelling to other planets, it just seems more likely and fitting.
    we are not going against the void right now, its very likely we will have a lot of "filler" expansions like mop/cata/tbc before we face the void lords

we will even have n'zoth or aszhara first and of course another mop like expansion, with new things

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And I want to be an Ogre Shadow Priest.

Let's make it happen!

I think it's plausible that Vrykul would be come playable in time due to Viking stuff being really popular these days, though I feel they'd be on the Horde due to being more about strength and power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    Have you read Chronicle Vol 2 at all? There's a lot of expanded lore in it and due to the focus on shadow and light over Legion and in the Arakkoa it does make me wonder. Maybe I'm just being hopeful? But I think there's a possibility.
    Not really much of a reader unless it's easily accessible on my computer screem, kinda the opposite of my Mom >.>

But any chance to see them in game is good for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    I think it's plausible that Vrykul would be come playable in time due to Viking stuff being really popular these days, though I feel they'd be on the Horde due to being more about strength and power.
    I'm dreading the Pandaren whiners coming back, saying "you're only doing this because of Vikings, the TV show!"
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I really like this idea; always found the ethereals looking cool.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I like the looks of that but I don't think it will get into game "just because".
    Blizzard's main mantra is "Gameplay first", which is basically their interpretation of the Rule of Cool.
    So yes, Ethereals could very well be introduced "just because".
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

possible! blizz remake thein skin (like worgen before they add it) they add some lore for them (like worgens) and some etherals in the Mac aree quest line say their race are now active with the void.

Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    the only race I wanted to play since TBC.
    I know that feel bruh. They looked so awesome back then, and they still do all these years later!

Having said that, I'd still like to see sub-races first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I have no idea how you're seriously suggesting barely sentient creatures such as Saurok.
    Saurok would be easy to implement.

One idea I had one was the following.

To anyone who is familiar with Ethereal lore, the Void invaded their planet and made their arcane barrier unstable. That had the effect of them being disintegrated and their souls being fused with arcane energy. In other words, they are Ethereals because of the state they are and not because they are those people.

What I mean by that is, what if we get a Worgen 2.0? Worgen we saw before Cata were Arugal's or the one in Northrend. No one could expect Worgen Gilneans being a thing as a playable race.

Now, what if a place in Azeroth gets attacked by either Ethereals mimicking a weapon that was their demise OR if we try to deflect an attack in 8.0 prepatch and a backlash creates Ethereals on Azeroth? Maybe Jaina's people? Khadgar? I dunno, but maybe in that sense the materialization might be tighter and their forms could be more "playable".

There are so many ways to adapt the concept IF they are actually up for it.