Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Go back and visit Storm Peaks and Icecrown and check how things worked when the WoW developers were not lazy and still had ideas about creating something around existing features instead of removing existing features. Like flying
    Those zones were designed with flying in place, don't add flying and they would've changed the zones. You are all mistaking "removing" for "not adding". Removal implies that it no longer exists as opposed to never existing. For example you earned Broken Isles Pathfinder, they didn't remove that, they just didn't add Argus Pathfinder. You didn't lose anything.

Anyone who thinks "Flying is an essential part of the game" is delusional. Play a different game. Flying is an essential part of a flight simulator. Story Telling, Lore, Open World Mechanics and Community Activity (Dungeons and Raids style content) are Essential parts of an MMORPG.
    Last edited by HyperJay; 2017-09-08 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperJay View Post
    I really pity you and everyone that thinks WoW has "dated" graphics, it's a stylised art choice. Considering it was originally released in 2004 it has aged incredibly well.
    I also feel sorry that you think being able to fly in an MMORPG is essential when it actually ruins part of an MMORPG. The amount of lore and story in WoW is immense and the fact that you said "Take away flying and the experience becomes tedious and boring" proves that you don't care about story because you would rather just fly through everything, get through it quickly and move on instead of enjoying a game. I've played ESO and found it a little boring even sharing a universe with Morrowind. And again I'll repeat, you obviously haven't bothered to look at the game and are stuck behind a wall saying "I need to get there quickly or it sucks ", go to Mac'Aree and have a look at an uncorrupted Argus section with architecture similar yet different to how we saw the Draenei buildings on Draenor. Go closer to the Seat of the Trium and you'll see the Void is corrupting it instead of Fel.

You can't simitanously claim an RPG sucks because you can't fly and skip meaningful logical content, while being the sort of person that probably got the first quest to go to Argus, then for every single other quest you hit Complete and Accept without even reading. You probably ignored dialogue, ran right past interesting scenarios taking place, didn't bother look at new models in game or achievments to earn, judging by the way you talk about the lack of new content after Broken Shore.
    If we could time travel back to 2006 I'd probably agree with you that Argus was a fantastic patch. But here we are in 2017 and in wow we still have poor graphics and a text box questing system. If I want to read text I'll read a book. Hearing the Windrunner sisters talk about their fallen sister Sylvannas was brilliant, all 6 seconds of it, I wanted to hear more. But no, off I go to free 6 prisoners and collect 3 parts of a catapult because Illidan's text box told me so.

I'd forgive the graphics if the game was more engaging, not bland and boring as fuck. I'd forgive no flying if the open areas were interesting and the terrain less tedious to traverse. If you think this patch has been the pinnacle of mmo gaming, I'd suggest you need to try other games that are out there. I played this current patch for 2 days and I've had enough. I'll come back when the final raids are LFR just to see it through then I'm done till next expansion.

Answer me this, do you ride through all the mobs or do you stop to fight every demon you come across? What is the difference between riding through them or flying over them?

Nice World Quest meme that's completely optional, have you done any raid or dungeon content? achievments? old world content even?

I literally never said Argus or Legion was amazing, but you act like it's shit because you are to lazy to run around some genuinely decent design. You don't need to "forgive" the graphics dude, they aren't bad you are just being childish if you don't understand how stylised graphics are a good choice for a old game. It'll age well. Also again, the areas and dialogue are interesting. Also if you only try raid content on LFR theres another problem you aren't even trying to experience the game. Maybe go play a slightly more casual MMORPG that doesn't have any grinding or hard content? I ride through 2m health enemies unless i get dazed. Answer me this. Are you such a busy person that you need to FLY everywhere at max speed so you can get everything done, evidently not since you are on here.

Deleted
    Why is this a big deal. We earned Pathfinder to fly on Broken Shore, not Argus, which is the Legions Home World. Imagine getting shot down by any of the anti air guns the Legion commands. Also imagine if we all showed up on Argus and (for example) could instantly fly to any area. There'd be no secrets or sense of discovery.
    You seem deeply surprised by something that is rather obvious.
    Are you that easily surprised?
    When you stick your finger in your poopoo and the finger doesn't smell nice any more, are you very surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    You seem deeply surprised by something that is rather obvious.
    Are you that easily surprised?
    When you stick your finger in your poopoo and the finger doesn't smell nice any more, are you very surprised?
    Um... Has your mom checked if you are on the spectrum. Genuine question I'm concerned if that's the first thing that comes to your mind.

Flying opens a whole new window of opportunities. Like there are Legion ships on Argus that we could fly up to and destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    Flying opens a whole new window of opportunities. Like there are Legion ships on Argus that we could fly up to and destroy.
    Or... we could use our good ol' trusty grappling hook we got from Stomheim!

Jk, but really if anything flying closes new windows of opportunities, not opens them (imo at least). There are hundreds of possibilities on how we could get up a Legion ship, don't need actual flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Effort? mate, there is no part of Pathfinder you will not get by playing the game. There is nothing extra what you need to do to get Pathfinder. No stupid farming, getting rare items, etc. Just explore, reputations, WQ, main quest lines in zones and class Campaign. Everything you need to get Pathfinder is completed eventually by doing standard things.

Add: And achievement is acc wide. If it wasn't. I still would have flying on all my 110 chars (5) by just playing the game.
    "No Stupid Farming" "Just explore, reputations, WQ"

You literally contradicted a point there... literally 2/3rds of the entire thing was "Farm" rep which was timegated by forced WQ intervals.

I have pathfinder, my point is having farmed it and being utterly exhausted from it I can understand why so many who feel the same way feel cheated.

Honestly, it woudnt even be so bad to add a pathfinder part 3, simply add "explore argus and reach honored with army/reach" as the requirement, then allow people to fly in Argus.

Its not even that *hard* to do.

And you cant tell me that its like it'd be a bad, thing, for the game if argus had flying.

Deleted
    Um... Has your mom checked if you are on the spectrum. Genuine question I'm concerned if that's the first thing that comes to your mind.
    Good thing you no longer have to ask yours, she kept telling you just how special you are as long as you remember, after all. A pointer from a muggle though: we really don't appreciate your screeching, we prefer it when you spend the day in your room arranging all your toys in the ideal straight line.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Haven't had this discussion all day, thanks OP!

But really.. Blizzard said no, so it's a no for flying.
    last time they lost over 3 mln subs when they said no to flying

now rhey dont even have 3 mln so i would be careful if i was them.

unless those retaards like unemployment when shareholders notice the dent in income

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Good thing you no longer have to ask yours, she kept telling you just how special you are as long as you remember, after all. A pointer from a muggle though: we really don't appreciate your screeching, we prefer it when you spend the day in your room arranging all your toys in the ideal straight line.
    Such a toxic community wow...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    And you cant tell me that its like it'd be a bad, thing, for the game if argus had flying.
    But it would be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    last time they lost over 3 mln subs when they said no to flying
    Yeah, it was totally because of flying. How delusioned you can be? :v

You literally contradicted a point there... literally 2/3rds of the entire thing was "Farm" rep which was timegated by forced WQ intervals.

I have pathfinder, my point is having farmed it and being utterly exhausted from it I can understand why so many who feel the same way feel cheated.

Honestly, it woudnt even be so bad to add a pathfinder part 3, simply add "explore argus and reach honored with army/reach" as the requirement, then allow people to fly in Argus.

Welcome to MMORPG's? Also I'm not saying flying wouldn't be good later on, but for now the point of this was to state why people are just being lazy for no reason.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pro-flyer here.

I personally don't have an issue with Argus having no flying available while it's new. The real problem though is that Blizzard have been very heavy handed since the start of WoD with regards to keeping us from flying. And even when they have enabled it, it has been ridiculously late, and almost begrudgingly, like they just can't admit that actually flying isn't this terrible thing they have convinced themselves it is. Furthermore the highly vocal, and generally shitty attitude of the anti-flying brigade minority has just inflamed the issue even more.

Hence it should not be surprising the the pro-flying camp tends to get worked up about anything where no flying is enforced.

Those zones were designed with flying in place, don't add flying and they would've changed the zones. You are all mistaking "removing" for "not adding". Removal implies that it no longer exists as opposed to never existing. For example you earned Broken Isles Pathfinder, they didn't remove that, they just didn't add Argus Pathfinder. You didn't lose anything.

Anyone who thinks "Flying is an essential part of the game" is delusional. Play a different game. Flying is an essential part of a flight simulator. Story Telling, Lore, Open World Mechanics and Community Activity (Dungeons and Raids style content) are Essential parts of an MMORPG.
    Dude, delusional is the one that doesn't realize that flying was an ESTABLISHED FEATURE for like 8 years. You got to the max level, you got flying. Or even faster.

Then someone said:

"How about keeping people subscribed not by creating content, but by making them running around like idiots in a sea of dismounting mobs, that offer no reward or challenge whatsoever, and let's also add like the most retarded terrain in the history of gaming. And let them run like that for like a year, then add this ridiculous meta achievement with progress bars that need to be filled, just to magically obtain the removed feature that was in the game for almost a decade. That will give us plenty of time to have fun."

And they all responded:

"Yeeeeey, more time for chatting in cafeteria instead of making content, while people are running around for nothing"

And finally they all laughed their asses into the cosmos:

"HA HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

That's why you have those pathfinder achievements that magically gives flying after doing a thousand billion repetitive tasks, that take a billion trillion years to complete and and are also TIME-GATED. I thought I will never get the stupid motherfucking Suramar achievement, with only a couple of quests per day. That must be the most retarded reputation ever, because not only is time-gated to fucking hell and back, but it's also mandatory for flying.

So fuck this design and fuck all the fuckers who think it's great, in the meantime I play Steam games

Dude, delusional is the one that doesn't realize that flying was an ESTABLISHED FEATURE for like 8 years. You got to the max level, you got flying. Or even faster.

Then someone said:

"How about keeping people subscribed not by creating content, but by making them running around like idiots in a sea of dismounting mobs, that offer no reward or challenge whatsoever, and let's also add like the most retarded terrain in the history of gaming. And let them run like that for like a year, then add this ridiculous meta achievement with progress bars that need to be filled, just to magically obtain the removed feature that was in the game for almost a decade. That will give us plenty of time to have fun."

And they all responded:

"Yeeeeey, more time for chatting in cafeteria instead of making content, while people are running around for nothing"

And finally they all laughed their asses into the cosmos:

"HA HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

That's why you have those pathfinder achievements that magically gives flying after doing a thousand billion repetitive tasks, that take a billion trillion years to complete and and are also TIME-GATED. I thought I will never get the stupid motherfucking Suramar achievement, with only a couple of quests per day. That must be the most retarded reputation ever, because not only is time-gated to fucking hell and back, but it's also mandatory for flying.

So fuck this design and fuck all the fuckers who think it's great, in the meantime I play Steam games
    Pathfinder was literally the easiest thing I've done in Legion. Just "off topic" about content btw, how's Mythic ToS going for yah? Challenge Appearances? Have you finished the Chromie Scenario? Earned all the Argus Achievments and new Weapon Models? You got that Gul'dan mount yet?

Deleted

The whole flying is a just huge bonus. You do quests when leveling, WQ because of its AP and rewards. by doing these to you get a reputation. When you do all of these you get explorer.

There is no farming to get flying. No grinds of mobs over and over to get a reputation. Nothing. Even if you didn't know there is flying you would get it anyway by just playing the game.

And yes. Flying on Argus is a horrible idea. You would skip everything just to kill 1 mob you want or slack when other people do WQ for you. That's horrible design.

It is what this "flying whine" is about. So u just can skip everything what you want and slack while people doing things for you. Nothing more. You whine so you don't have to play the game... wtf???

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    The whole flying is a just huge bonus. You do quests when leveling, WQ because of its AP and rewards. by doing these to you get a reputation. When you do all of these you get explorer.

There is no farming to get flying. No grinds of mobs over and over to get a reputation. Nothing. Even if you didn't know there is flying you would get it anyway by just playing the game.

And yes. Flying on Argus is a horrible idea. You would skip everything just to kill 1 mob you want or slack when other people do WQ for you. That's horrible design.

It is what this "flying whine" is about. So u just can skip everything what you want and slack while people doing things for you. Nothing more. You whine so you don't have to play the game... wtf???
    I agree 1000% with you. (ok)

Deleted
    Such a toxic community wow...
    I'm so so sorry to hear when you start a momma topic and then get butthurt, Jay. I was just trying to help. I know that special kids like you have it tough, so just gave you a very useful pointer. Too bad you seem unwilling to leverage it.

Come to think of it, it's been some time since I last saw this exact sort of thread started from account named @Jaylock. Did you get permabanned on your main? That would be awfully disappointing.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then someone said:

Or, you know, maybe the game designers simply believe that flying ruins the immersion in their game and that players will have more fun if flying is inhibited. But they just happen to be wrong.
    No need for any retarded conspiracy theories when there is a simple, elegant, logical, rational, sensible explanation.

And it's not like it's hard to see why they might think this. Flying from quest location to quest location, finishing the quests as rapidly as possible is not particularly immersive. The problem is that the devs think flying is the problem when the actual problem is that finishing repeatable content in an immersive style simply becomes tedious after a while. Immersive =/= fun. It's only fun when the content is new. Once it becomes old and familiar, immersive actually becomes the opposite of fun. Flying is actually a boon because it allows players to remove a lot of the tedium of such activities and go straight to the objectives, thus extending the shelf-life of the content. Yeah, it might not be as much fun as the first time, when the freshness made the immersion work for the players, but it's a hell of lot better than having immersion, immersion, immersion shoved down your throat long after its expiration date.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2017-09-08 at 10:38 AM.