Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ok they scale the itemlvl so maybe its harder than on live realms.

My immediate thought was that 17 was quite low, but I figure that all of the gear they will be using will be standard ilvl without forges etc? So perhaps a 17 will actually be quite hard

I think it'll be interesting to see how it goes, although they've said they're looking for the visual mechanics, which I think makes it a bit easier (explosive aside), as IMO the harder affixes are the ones which aren't visual.

I was kinda hoping they'd go for affix combos we don't normally get (Teeming + Bolstering?) etc. But who knows

Deleted
    A difficulty in +20 range was awaited by most of the competitors. (The 7.3 +17 difficulty is slighty higher than 7.2.5 +20 difficulty)

Like in the tespa race we will see affix combinations like sanguine+quaking+volcanic or teeming+bolstering+sanguine. Affix combination which arent very deadly, but unforgiving for the timer - in this race any second matters and saguine is one of the most underestimated time consuming affixes when not played perfectly.

The only thing I worry about is the presentation. Its not allowed to stream the competition and the only way to follow the race is the blizz spectators stream, which was quite awful during the tespa race format-wise. This is also a reason for the visual heavy affixes.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-09-08 at 06:41 PM.

Participants got their handbook (including formatting, bracket, times, affixes, map pools) and access to the tournament realm last night.

Deleted
    Seems like the dungeon aura puts any single piece of gear to 935 (incl legendaries / weapon is 950). Traits from relics seems to be disabled.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-09-09 at 07:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elprofessor View Post
    Seems like the dungeon aura puts any single piece of gear to 935 (incl legendaries / weapon is 950). Traits from relics seems to be disabled.
    First M+ Invitational - Rise of the Arcanocrystal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drsephuz7 View Post
    this circumstance makes a few old trinkets pretty strong

Blizzard has always been incredibly short sighted when it comes to properly scaling instanced content for testing/tournament purposes. Being able to use Arcano at 935 pretty good for some classes, and if weapon ilevel is scaling to 935 instead of relic ilevel (this was fixed in raid testing, we'll see if its fixed for dungeons) certain classes are going to go from very strong to below average.

The tournament realms were missing neck enchants, gems, certain utility potions as well as tons of gear.

Expect this to be a big joke, especially with many of the best teams unable to compete because of ban ineligibility.

Can they buy gear with avoidance on it?

If they can, maybe also a full leech set, or a full speed set combined with Sephuz - Aggramars for any long runs?

Im gonna guess that you can't because it sounds a bit op.

This is going to be a shitshow, I can't wait.

Traits from relics seems to be disabled.
    If that's true, druid tanks get fubar.

Deleted
    this circumstance makes a few old trinkets pretty strong
    Im sure thats why you listed not a single one of them then
    Arcano at 935 is broken for almost every class - thats a whole different level.

Deleted
    Im sure thats why you listed not a single one of them then
    Arcano at 935 is broken for almost every class - thats a whole different level.
    Depends on classes and situation. You are free to switch trinkets during the run. BTI, terrorbound nexus, stat sticks (arcano is garbage for a lot of classes), horn of valor becoming extremely strong for some classes / situations.
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-09-10 at 03:27 PM.

Arcanocrystal is very nice for sustained DPS but I would expect to see almost everyone using Umbral Moonglaives/Tarnished Sentinal Medallion considering how they blow trash/bosses up for great burst.

Also, I'd love it if the tournament was mostly Upper Kara, Lower Kara, and COEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Jqu View Post
    Arcanocrystal is very nice for sustained DPS but I would expect to see almost everyone using Umbral Moonglaives/Tarnished Sentinal Medallion considering how they blow trash/bosses up for great burst.

Also, I'd love it if the tournament was mostly Upper Kara, Lower Kara, and COEN.
    most people would rather use a 930 stat stick than Owl considering it has a 30 second CD if you swap it on right before a boss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    They sure make it hard to track what teams they selected.... Names are different for some, doesn't say what race/class, and not even which keys were played.

From what I can see on raider.io (wowprogress doesn't even show the proving grounds any more), for Europe they have picked ranks 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 11.

Strange that they skipped 2, 8 and 10.

Other than that, the timing is absolutely horrible: With the dungeon difficulty reset in the meantime, it's very hard to compare the 17 they are playing with what they did during proving grounds.

Overall, I'm curious how this plays out, but the start is definitely not good.

isn't everyone on live currently after an arcano from the new 910 relinquished anyway? unless they have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Strange that they skipped 2, 8 and 10.
    Team 2 received infractions prior to advancing, therefore they were disqualified from the tournament. Team 8's rogue learned that his mother has cancer after completing the 1st qualifying week and the team wasn't allowed a member swap after. As for team 10, I have no idea.

Deleted
    After some first impressions (from streams) I see the following dps classes ahead in the tournament:

warrior, rogue, hunter

and viable group comps would be:

hunter, warrior, rogue
    hunter, warrior, warrior
    hunter, rogue, rogue

honorable mention: warlock could also be powerful, but it's more dungeon/affix dependend than hunter

At the very beginning I had some doubts that the very high AoE burst of all these classes could be a problem at some affixes (like bursting or bolstering), but it seems like a non-issue at the End.

Unfortunately balance droods couldn't bring their full performance on +17 keys, because the trash packs are dying way too fast (even with fortified).
    Last edited by mmoca163a27034; 2017-09-14 at 09:08 PM.