Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    legion has some of the worst systems ever but the art and music team are improving rapidly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Interesting that you would care to tell me this little story, crying and getting your panties knotted up, embellished by hints at what you fantasize about when you're all alone. I didn't have to do anything here, you did it all by yourself. I like it when people do this to themselves for my amusement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shostradamus View Post
    Its always disappointing when the other guy's best defense is "i no u r but wut am i". I thought this would be spirited banter. I apologize for overestimating you.
    This is tiresome and off-topic. Both of you, take it to PM or knock it off. Thanks.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

They're okay, I have more issues w/ writers, but it's been this way since forever, WoW storytelling was almost always meh... >_>

15+ Year Old Account
    So long as they don't go the PC route that Mass Effect Andromeda went then I'll keep my current faith in them
    Current Rig
    Intel i5 3570K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | R9 390 8GB | G.Skill 16GB | Intel 520 Series 180GB | 8TB in HDDs
    Seasonic X-760 760W | 27" U2711 Dell | Corsair 600T | Logitech Z506 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I don't trust them at all, no. So many things they do seem to be copy-pasted from Diablo 3, and that was actually one of my least enjoyed games of all time.

On top of that, although it's more of an intangible, it just no longer feels like they're in the business of making great games first, and letting the games sell themselves. They seem more focused on "How can we get the most money out of our player-base, while still making as good a game as possible?"

Luckily, those goals often coincide, but all too often, they clash. And it's pretty jarring when they do.

This, new developers feel out like they came straight from freaking Diablo 3 team.

You can feel how the RNG and "Rifts" and the Paragon going..

The designers are lazy and apparently stupid, and worse don't play the game.

The engineers are mostly inept and don't seem to care at all about testing or automation. They also don't play the game. Technically it's understandable why people are all moved onto a shared instance server, but for instance it appears almost always to be the case that AUS and Latin servers are preferred over US servers for shared instance state resulting in atrocious performance in the general case, especially when AUS/Latin players are in the minority (see: 5 mans with 1 of them, or 20 mans with 1-2 of them, hello LFR). This is something I'd expect a very junior person to recognize in a systems design interview question, and it's something that should be fixed, but Blizzard engineers or management are either unaware or don't care, and both of these cases indicate Blizzard would be a terrible place to work (shitty management making bad decisions or stupid engineers). That's one of a hundred issues you can easily identify just having ever built or worked with anything like WoW's infrastructure.

The company is scammy (enable CRZ everywhere so the concept of a realm is meaningless, yet charge $$$$$$$$$ for actually moving a character, even though this costs them nothing).

The few people remaining who don't seem to be completely inept are the people working in the art department and the few people allowed to create the rare but interesting content the game sees that isn't just mass produced world quests and completely uninspired and poorly designed raid bosses. Though they're also incredibly lazy given how much auto-generated content and reuse there is.

A common theme though does seem to be "doesn't play the game" or a complete lack of interest in quality. The pride Blizzard employees have is arrogance, not building a great product. Designers are always right, even when they're completely wrong, for instance, which is how you get something like Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is my gut says maybe.

Deleted
    No..not them, not any of the team, writers, coders..ohh my bad..the music is good...

Do you trust the new generation of Blizzard developers?
    If you hire the elitist jerks what could you expect? Jerks? For sure. Elite game? Unlikely.