Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Deleted

If Europe was ever to unite...

...do you think it would be the most important player in the global market? Or maybe Europe can overcome US and China as a military hegemon. How would the world look like if EU was a one country?

I look forward to hear your oppinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    no thank you

Deleted
    The EU is already the biggest market, we are planning an Army too. Once the UK finally goes away we should also begin implementing more fiscal integration procedures.

10+ Year Old Account
    No the land mass alone over all viable resources would keep the U.S on top and if we formed a NAU forget it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

No, unless the wound of Reformation is healed and the single Christian denomination is established.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    No, unless the wound of Reformation is healed and the single Christian denomination is established.
    Why not separation of church and state?

Europe will never truly 'unite'

The whole thing is Germanys guilt trip or master plan which ever way you wanna see it.

It should just have been a gigantic trading block imo and thats it but instead it ballooned into something it should never have been and thats a wannabe United States of Europe!

Deleted
    Only need the North-Western countries in Europe to unite.

South- and Eastern Europe are mostly just a drain on the stronger economies.

Deleted
    ehhh, no thanks.

The fact that complete and total asshat timmerfrans and drunk shouter juncker combined with a myriad of failed subjects is evident enough the european union is a failed project. We should break down and rebuild slower asap, but despite a majority wanting this theres no action from the corrupt politicians.

At the risk of sounding complete tin-foil hat; a generation is being raised on the eu funded school propoganda that are oblivious to the eu's idioticiy.. maybe then theyll get their wish of being a world power.

for me i'm just happy we're prosperous.

It could only unite as a catholic crusade holy empire, which would be really fun to see. Just imagine all that leftist butts on fire from ocean to ocean...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

yeah this pretty much. everything below swiss and austria are up to their neckballs in debt and immigrants

Deleted
    There are much better forms of regional integration than to form a mega state. national borders and countries should come to an end this century - this old fashioned non sense isn't available for the the things to come, the next industrial revolution etc.

Keyword "polyphony".
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2017-09-09 at 09:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Horrible idea. There's many a reason we left the EU and that's one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Horrible idea. There's many a reason we left the EU and that's one of them.
    British exceptionalism being the other?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    no I think the other would be an actual democratic process. Here in the netherlands we have a majority to leave - but nothing happens - for 12 years now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    yeah this pretty much. everything below swiss and austria are up to their neckballs in debt and immigrants
    I wonder whose fault it is

Nethertards...

(Infracted)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    It could only unite as a catholic crusade holy empire, which would be really fun to see. Just imagine all that leftist butts on fire from ocean to ocean...
    It ended up great last time round didn't it...

I'm not sure whether people are just misinformed of history or are plain ignorant.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-09-09 at 10:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    no I think the other would be an actual democratic process. Here in the netherlands we have a majority to leave - but nothing happens - for 12 years now.
    If you had a majority the election results would have looked different. You did not have a majority and an exit is off the table and only in the minds of those who blindly follow wilders. Who will never get anything done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    So exceptional they still can't form a front or consensus on how they want to exit. This whole brexit debacle is going to be fun to watch.

Deleted
    EU just won't work united, it already has problems for many reasons, even excluding all this immigration/refuge stuff. I myself live in the most northern areas of the EU, and as many of the laws are the same for everyone, you encounter problems because different sides of the Union are so different. Also the fact that countries like Finland or Sweden follow the orders/laws very strictly, while Southern countries don't. Overall the union is not very positive thing for small countries or ones that are far from the Germany/France-axis.

Apparenly you there in the Netherlands think that other matters are more important and that their elected representatives are right in not starting a process to leave, otherwise how would siad representatives end up elected again and again? Maybe because everyone who has a clue acknolwedges that those who know what they are doing oppose leaving the EU?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    So exceptional they still can't form a front or consensus on how they want to exit. This whole brexit debacle is going to be fun to watch.
    Yes, it is a truly exceptional performance in every way and it only gets more exceptionally exceptional every day.