Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Why not separation of church and state?
    Because the religion is what defines a man. No matter how communists and liberals would try, they would not be able to substitute the religion with the state. And people of different religions, different cultures cannot live together as a single country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    If Europe were to ever unite the world would consider it as Nazism.
    Yeah ? I take that.. Everything is better than what we got now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronar View Post
    Some posters form the northern countries of EU here are the prime example of why EU cant and never will be one nation
    For North-Western Europe, there really aren't all that many reasons to want an actual united European country. Similar to back then with West and East Germany, it would put a massive strain on the countries that are off well/better economically; but unlike with Germany, there hardly would be any benefits (since our current borders are nowhere near comparable to the Berlin wall).

Just like with hitler the states would stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Because the religion is what defines a man. No matter how communists and liberals would try, they would not be able to substitute the religion with the state. And people of different religions, different cultures cannot live together as a single country.
    So you want a theocracy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    No, unless the wound of Reformation is healed and the single Christian denomination is established.
    "Wound"

You're giving what branch of Christianity a country follows far greater importance than it deserves. There are numerous eastern European countries that are orthodox and yet they cooperate just fine in the EU with the west, and that's not even mentioning the north-south split between Protestant/Lutheran and Catholicism not being a point of contention.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post
    Europe will never truly 'unite'

The whole thing is Germanys guilt trip or master plan which ever way you wanna see it.

It should just have been a gigantic trading block imo and thats it but instead it ballooned into something it should never have been and thats a wannabe United States of Europe!
    Pretty much this. The US was migrated by people with common goals and ideals. EU is a mix of countries with different people, cultures, and histories, despite of loosely sharing similar values.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Only need the North-Western countries in Europe to unite.

South- and Eastern Europe are mostly just a drain on the stronger economies.
    True as well. Northern Europe should have formed its own monetary union. One big reason for the Euro economy problems is that half of the countries should never have been allowed in it in the first place, but they lied shamelessly about their economy.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Accept and follow? They have voted on those guidelines themselves... do you not understand how democracy works?
    if they voted down those guidelines, implementation of said guides could be a violation of sovereignity.

I prefer to die than having something to do with North european again

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    If you like those vagina fallers so fucking much, why not simply leave and live with them. Why force them on us - in small groups, boatloads, large hordes and whole nations?
    Because everyone is a human and I have lived with and along side people from different areas of the world and know one thing. People are not as different as those trying to put up wallas and have people killed in the sea try to make everyone believe. So there's no different from a Greek, Russian, Nigerian, Brit, etc. So why seperate us outside of a few people who are stuck in a racist attitude that somehow being born between lines of a map makes you superior and worth a better life.;

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    but why honestly? why not be part of the biggest empire known to date? if i was european i sure would go for it, even if germany controls it all secretly, so be it. at least this time they did it the right way.
    I don't like Germans. I also don't like the idea of them making laws that affect my country. Especially in regards to their open door refugee policy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronar View Post
    Some posters form the northern countries of EU here are the prime example of why EU cant and never will be one nation
    This thread is another prime example of pointing out how little people know about how the EU works, what tools it has and who all has a say in it, one big misinformation fest based on nothing more then how they believe it works.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I don't like Germans. I also don't like the idea of them making laws that affect my country. Especially in regards to their open door refugee policy.
    germany alone ? no chance and you know it. UK was always a special snowflake and EU tolerated it.

Deleted
    europe, or more to the point the eu, doesnt know its arse from its elbow.
    what you have in europe, are a variety of countries with differing views on what direction the eu should go & its a mess & will only get worse.
    what the likes of germany & france have tried to do & failed miserably, is to make a united states of europe.
    it can never be one, too many countries are different from one another & its like trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    if they voted down those guidelines, implementation of said guides could be a violation of sovereignity.
    They didn't. That's the point.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    The current setup with Germany holding the reins nice and tight is better than real unification.

Funy how a country can lose two world wars and still end up on top. My own country benefits greatly though.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    They didn't. That's the point.
    Ok, we have to name said countries and the guidelines in question then. if it's about refugees, some eastern countries voted indeed against it.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Ok, we have to name said countries and the guidelines in question then. if it's about refugees, some eastern countries voted indeed against it.
    That wasn't a guideline, nor was it a decision of the EU. Solidarity, however, is a principle that is a core part of the EU.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

It would be a uncontrollable mess, so many different cultures, histories of why 1 group dislikes the other, economies that as we speak are too different to just get fused together seamlessly, monarchies and other country defining traits would water down.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    EU Unite ? Do you even know how many different Cultures Europe has ?
    yeah its not as peachy as it sounds.