Page 57 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    You don't have to go to their bakeries. Best way to deal with it is have rules for signs on the outside of shops that signify if you will or won't be served there. Even people that would be served would avoid a store that was contrary to their beliefs and they would be economically punished accordingly.
    like this?

- - - Updated - - -

For the most part they are separate, but you are attempting to ignore the significance of Christianity in the creation of the US and many other western powers. You are where you are because of Christianity and if you don't believe it just look at all the other places in the world that developed without it. Just because you think you've out grown it doesn't mean its going to disappear instantaneously.
    It has done a lot for the evolution of ethics and morality in the developed world no doubt.

Its also destroyed libraries and countless priceless documents that could have had information we will never know again in fear of science and medicine and restricting growth to keep power..... yea. RIP ancient knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    and what happens in a smaller community or when a large enough percent of services say "group x" is not welcome?
    No large food supply chain is ever going to ban homosexuals, they don't care about morality they care for money. The ability to drive around or have things delivered to your house pretty much negates any "hardship". No one even knows your gay unless you are going out of your way to show it and name another time being gay is going to come up outside of marriage in the public sector? Adoption which is its own issue and you aren't being prevented from doing that anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Unlike you, I prefer my posts to be 'unedited' where possible, because then people can see I have changed 'nothing' about them. In this regard it is a telling contrast to your post history which often changes on a whim where you are disproved, as your arguments have holes poked in them in a fashion not unlike the Titanic. Then you get testy, angry, and finally violently ill when your viewpoint is not accepted as the common wisdom. I suppose this is when people of that temperament don trash-can armor and wield baseball bats and attack people they profess to be "Nazi" or "Alt-Right".

Ironic and sad is all that I find here regrettably.

I find it to ironic, because rather than resembling a modern day human being who is able to reason and argue in a logical and peaceful fashion, you appear to to have shed that nature and devolved, to the point that you now seem to share more in common with a Spanish Inquisitor circa the 1500s. You merely replace the call of 'kill the witch' with 'beat the Nazi'. It then saddens me in turn to see that such an otherwise gifted individual has become so emotionally invested in a radical ideology, and has fallen so far from factual bearing that the only weapon that is left by which to argue; is petty name-calling not far removed from a Kindergarten classroom.

It is my hope and fervent prayer that at some point you evolve in your position enough that you realize just how far you have fallen, and correct your course.

Take care of yourself Mall Security. Again, sorry you were on the wrong side of history.
    I don't care why you say you post the way you do. You posted twice basically saying the same thing the only difference was this post didn't quite facilitate the bait you were going for.

You know you saying nothing about my not saying anything or trying to suggest a bunch of made up bullshit. Like you can tell if I am angry from text, or that I insulted you because I called you out on your failed position in this argument.

You can go and say that "You're on the wrong side of History" mantra, I know where you got it and why you say it. The only problem is even if you repeat that nonsense enough I am sure you will believe it just long enough until reality bites you in the ass.

No there is nothing just about supporting people who choose to classify segments of the population they agreed to serve apart from anybody else that is part of the public based on the license they have been approved for.

All of this on the face of religious freedom bullshit, because even if we tossed out the law, that wouldn't apply even if you were a christian because there are NO tenants in the bible that support this horse shit, NONE

Just interpretations most of which nearly NO christians follow which is to hate the sinner over the sin, which couldn't be an issue because there is a separation between church and state. And while these homophobic assholes will use anything like most of the cowards that hang their shit on anything they can to punish those born different.

Most of the time these fucking hypocrites will say some shit like I don't believe in gay marriage, well guess what dip shit, I don't believe you are a fucking christian, and I am a christian, what is even more, I really rather not make it allowable to discriminate people based on who they choose to love either.

This is bullshit anybody else rationalizing this shit, whether they know it or not are complicite, and if they do know and they abide by this shit they are fucking cowards, and at the very least ok with being homophobic assholes.

Either you believe in one law for everyone or you don't but then if you don't you Mr Penguin can come off that horseshit about Google being a corrupt company because YOU feel uncomfortable they don't embrace this homophobic bullshit.

If they don't like it FUCK THEM, go use Yahoo, or any other service willing to back this kind of disgusting shit. That goes along with all the dipshit Alt-Right Neo Nazi wishing death on people because people aren't tolerant enough for their hate, fuck them too.

This isn't about a cake, this is about pretentious asshole trying to regulate certain people to the back of the bus because they think they shouldn't be allowed the same services as everybody else from a baker who agreed to it.

There is no statute that says well except for those who's legitimate person's you disagree, with.

Shit like this is the result of soft tolerance for bigotry like this and everybody can be right about shit, you aren't you are fucking wrong these dipshits are wrong, and nobody is obliged to be tolerant to these intolerant bakers.

It goes both ways, but me I just prefer they either made the god damn cake or moved somewhere like a Antarctica where maybe that wouldn't be a problem.

This isn't about the right to religious freedom, this is about homophobic bigots who use their press to hurt people who don't deserve it, and targets even more for future treatment.

This isn't about artistic merit either, it isn't like they refuse the order because the customer wants dicks drawn on the fucking thing.

They are refusing to put the names and decorate a wedding cake for marriage they don't believe in. Well tough shit, that isn't what they are hired to do, now is it the premise behind their license.

So now if all of what I said comes off to you as Angry, well so be it and you can go ahead and say whatever senseless meaningless contemptuous comment you want to make.

But you're wrong these idiots are wrong, and you just lost any credibility for the future to bitch about anybody punished for their choices going forward.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-09-10 at 01:50 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    like this?

- - - Updated - - -

It has done a lot for the evolution of ethics and morality in the developed world no doubt.

Its also destroyed libraries and countless priceless documents that could have had information we will never know again in fear of science and medicine and restricting growth to keep power..... yea.
    Thats race, not sexuality and isn't a religious issue.

I really fail to see how this is different from separating blacks and whites on buses.

You said and I quote "Best way to deal with it is have rules for signs on the outside of shops that signify if you will or won't be served there"

Yeah its basically comparing an ant to the sun right?

No large food supply chain is ever going to ban homosexuals, they don't care about morality they care for money. The ability to drive around or have things delivered to your house pretty much negates any "hardship". No one even knows your gay unless you are going out of your way to show it and name another time being gay is going to come up outside of marriage in the public sector? Adoption which is its own issue and you aren't being prevented from doing that anyway.
    you want to go to a restaurant or movie theater or any of a hundred public venues with your husband and hold hands. now people know you are gay and can ban you from any number of supposedly public services. sorry but the rights of gay people to live normal lives where they don't have to keep a list of what places they are banned from trumps the rights of people to kick them out for being slightly different.

- - - Updated - - -

how is race substantially different from sexuality?

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I really fail to see how this is different from separating blacks and whites on buses.
    Because its not about race. It is about separation however and you're desire to force an act that's considered immoral onto people who don't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    This one told me that the free market didn't end racist practices. Especially in the South.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_segregation
    Maybe not 50 years ago, but discrimination is widely unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Businesses don't really close over incidents like these, if anything it'll attract more homophobic customers to compensate.
    https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/ch...imination-fine

"Though the family had hoped to pass on Sweet Cakes by Melissa to their five children, the boycott reduced them to working from their home kitchen and forced Aaron to take a job as a garbage collector."

Worked fine in this case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You said and I quote "Best way to deal with it is have rules for signs on the outside of shops that signify if you will or won't be served there"

Yeah its basically comparing an ant to the sun right?
    I feel it would go the other way, most people would avoid that building rather than give these people money but I could be wrong. Society is trending away from perceived morality so fast I doubt it would last long. I considered it a punishment to the owner, guess some won't see it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Maybe not 50 years ago, but discrimination is widely unacceptable.
    It's not unacceptable in this thread.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    It's still a public service, it's just not a service related directly or in function of the government. Thankfully in my country any public service, whether it's your bakery, or the hospital, is required to be on point with legalities surrounding giving everyone the exact same service and options, ie no discrimination of any kind is tolerated.
    Public service in America is a judge, police officer, ambulance etc, they have to help everyone despite conscious clause (public official used to hide behind it for religious exemption). A bakery (in this instance) is a personally owned business, he can offer goods to the public as he so chooses since it's his personal art on the food. He believes his food is for Christian marriages so let him believe that, just leave a negative review on yelp and be on your way to the next place.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This is about more than just Lakewood. If you allow one bakery to discriminate like this you have to let all of them. That includes those that are the only bakery in their area.
    I'm trying to think of the last time I went into a personally owned business and didn't see a "Right to Refuse Service to Anyone" sign, and there's countless stores that take advantage of it. Don't get me wrong, it's bad that they didn't get the artist they wanted to do their cake, but it's that artist' belief he shouldn't have to make a cake for a gay couple if it's going to infringe on his beliefs.

Shame on the baker, his art, and his business.

But, it's his business, just let the consumers do the rest. People are going to be less likely to go there if he doesn't sell to gay couples.

I feel it would go the other way, most people would avoid that building rather than give these people money but I could be wrong. Society is trending away from perceived morality so fast I doubt it would last long. I considered it a punishment to the owner, guess some won't see it that way.
    "Though the family had hoped to pass on Sweet Cakes by Melissa to their five children, the boycott reduced them to working from their home kitchen and forced Aaron to take a job as a garbage collector"

You are correct, Looks like God is rewarding their loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    It really isn't much different, just some people see sexuality as a choice, or at least homosexuality cause they themselves could never choose to be gay but those gay people are making a choice! At least some people are consistent in that anything goes in this regard meaning race, religion, sex, etc is grounds for denial.

Is the business in the OP actually a private business or "private business", because it seems like if the owner broke a law in Colorado regarding anti-discrimination then they aren't as private as some claim.

and what happens in a smaller community or when a large enough percent of services say "group x" is not welcome?
    i guess that means you cant take a fucking hint. you are not wanted in that small community. is it so wrong to not want to live next to certain people? the place im living right now had white trash living next to me for a couple years. i could tell she was white trash the moment i saw her. if i knew she lived here i would have never taken the place. since she has left my home was been paradise. am i wrong to not want to live next to white trash?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilag View Post

I'm trying to think of the last time I went into a personally owned business and didn't see a "Right to Refuse Service to Anyone" sign, and there's countless stores that take advantage of it. Don't get me wrong, it's bad that they didn't get the artist they wanted to do their cake, but it's that artist' belief he shouldn't have to make a cake for a gay couple if it's going to infringe on his beliefs.

Shame on the baker, his art, and his business.

But, it's his business, just let the consumers do the rest. People are going to be less likely to go there if he doesn't sell to gay couples.
    that "right to refuse anyone" only covers denying service to individuals for specific actions. for example i can deny a black man if hes a rude asshole, i cannot deny a black man because hes black.

you want to go to a restaurant or movie theater or any of a hundred public venues with your husband and hold hands. now people know you are gay and can ban you from any number of supposedly public services. sorry but the rights of gay people to live normal lives where they don't have to keep a list of what places they are banned from trumps the rights of people to kick them out for being slightly different.

- - - Updated - - -

how is race substantially different from sexuality?
    Because one is about appearance and one isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Those signs aren't laws... you get that right?
    actually those signs are 100% fine. the only problem is when you literally tell a customer, "im not serving you cause you're black (or gay)". its legal to them to fuck off for a multitude of other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    i guess that means you cant take a fucking hint. you are not wanted in that small community. is it so wrong to not want to live next to certain people? the place im living right now had white trash living next to me for a couple years. i could tell she was white trash the moment i saw her. if i knew she lived here i would have never taken the place. since she has left my home was been paradise. am i wrong to not want to live next to white trash?
    ya community should be able to just deny any undesirables the ability to function in any semi normal way.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    actually those signs are 100% fine. the only problem is when you literally tell a customer, "im not serving you cause you're black (or gay)". its legal to them to fuck off for a multitude of other reasons.
    Only really crazy/homeless/threatening/drunk/might rob people