Page 58 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Because one is about appearance and one isn't
    so discriminating on how someone looks is bad but banning on someones innate characteristic is ok, so banning left handed people is fine, got it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Its also destroyed libraries and countless priceless documents that could have had information we will never know again in fear of science and medicine and restricting growth to keep power..... yea. RIP ancient knowledge
    lmao somebody been watching ancient aliens too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Not really comparable, since that was public transportation. This is a personal business and they have the right to refuse service to anyone, even if it's rather ignorant.
    Why though. I understand the argument but why do you think its ok to refuse people that have done nothing wrong and have the money ready for said product or service

"Though the family had hoped to pass on Sweet Cakes by Melissa to their five children, the boycott reduced them to working from their home kitchen and forced Aaron to take a job as a garbage collector"

You are correct, Looks like God is rewarding their loyalty
    People thinking god does anything as a reward/punishment is just hilarious, whenever people ask why god lets them get sick, or die in accidents or whatever I have to stop myself laughing because its like a base human need to not deal with reality. Life even with a god is still an autonomous system. There has been no proof that god has any desire to interact with humanity for over 2000 years. Literally the last book of the bible is about impending destruction of humanity for failing to live gods way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    i guess that means you cant take a fucking hint. you are not wanted in that small community. is it so wrong to not want to live next to certain people? the place im living right now had white trash living next to me for a couple years. i could tell she was white trash the moment i saw her. if i knew she lived here i would have never taken the place. since she has left my home was been paradise. am i wrong to not want to live next to white trash?
    Yes, and you calling her white trash isn't fucking ok, her being trash really has nothing to do with her skin, and her being called trash by you says nothing about it being true other than that is the way you choose to refer to your neighbors, and following that thought that you seem to think it's swell to dictate where people can live, because of your value judgement of others.

I would say either economically lift yourself to the point you can buy an island or so you can work around only who you want. But this isn't an argument you are giving, this is a bunch of excuses. As to why it's ok to make your problem everyone else's.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    lmao somebody been watching ancient aliens too much.
    are you saying religious groups haven't destroyed history/artwork/documents?

Did the recent ISIS groups smashing temples in syria just completely go past you?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    being offensive and discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, ect are different.

If the cake makers didn't serve the gay couple because they where being offensive, rude, ect. No problem, simply existing is not an offensive action.
    Asking a Christian to bake a cake for a gay wedding is offensive to the Christian....

Not really comparable, since that was public transportation. This is a private/personal business and they have the right to refuse service to anyone, even if it's quite ignorant.
    this isnt a private club bakery with membership tho, its a business that's ostensibly open to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    so discriminating on how someone looks is bad but banning on someones innate characteristic is ok, so banning left handed people is fine, got it.
    Maybe, they are evil right?

Its considered innate now because its beneficial to do so, just like using asbestos was considered good or lead based paint. You won't know the consequences of your actions until you've let them run their course and all the programs interviewing adopted children of homosexual parents and their personal issues because of it should be reason enough. Apparently it isn't because everyone wants to be same but different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really comparable, since that was public transportation. This is a private/personal business and they have the right to refuse service to anyone, even if it's quite ignorant.
    Yes it is fucking comparable even if you don't see gay people as people, you don't get to decide which people you decide to do business for and who you don't on a public licence, if you do then arrange your affairs consistent with that way. I am singularly unimpressed with this propensity for the economic and business spirit at the cost of human beings who some fought and died to make that a reality.

This isn't about a fucking over priced cake and putting names on it anymore than the civil rights movement for where blacks could sit was about which seats were really the best ones in the house.

The issue is gay people have earned their god damn right to be treated like everyone else, good, bad or indifferent, and while you might not want to treat them special fine, but this is bogus bullshit and discrimination with prejudice for people who are gay.

Why though. I understand the argument but why do you think its ok to refuse people that have done nothing wrong and have the money ready for said product or service
    Why do you think its ok to trample on somebodys First amendment rights?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Maybe, they are evil right?

Its considered innate now because its beneficial to do so, just like using asbestos was considered good or lead based paint. You won't know the consequences of your actions until you've let them run their course and all the programs interviewing adopted children of homosexual parents and their personal issues because of it should be reason enough. Apparently it isn't because everyone wants to be same but different.
    its considered innate because we now have a reasonable understanding that you cant actually change peoples sexuality. just like you cant actually make a left handed person right handed, you can only force them to learn to get by using their right.

I don't have to shop there if I don't like their reasons for refusing to service certain people. However, I will support them being able to make that decision.
    What if you're driving long distance for holiday or whatever reason in your car. And you pull into the last known petrol station for miles and you are low on gas. And no one there will serve you because they assumed the lady in the car with you was your GF and they dont like "dykes"
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-09-10 at 02:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have to shop there if I don't like their reasons for refusing to service certain people. However, I will support them being able to make that decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't matter. It's still a privately owned business.
    A privately owned business that operates on a license to serve that community, I think you might want to learn a little more about the public trust because you spout off incorrect nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yes it is fucking comparable even if you don't see gay people as people, you don't get to decide which people you decide to do business for and who you don't on a public licence, if you do then arrange your affairs consistent with that way. I am singularly unimpressed with this propensity for the economic and business spirit at the cost of human beings who some fought and died to make that a reality.

This isn't about a fucking over priced cake and putting names on it anymore than the civil rights movement for where blacks could sit was about which seats were really the best ones in the house.

The issue is gay people have earned their god damn right to be treated like everyone else, good, bad or indifferent, and while you might not want to treat them special fine, but this is bogus bullshit and discrimination with prejudice for people who are gay.
    But you're saying they shouldn't be treated this way, you seem to think they just get whatever they want whenever they want now.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    because the rights of gay people to live normal lives is of more value the the rights of people to deny them that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    because they are in the public realm with other people and we have laws to stop humanity falling into chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    its considered innate because we now have a reasonable understanding that you cant actually change peoples sexuality. just like you cant actually make a left handed person right handed, you can only force them to learn to get by using their right.
    So when someone claims to be bi-sexual, than later in life not to be are you saying they were biologically programmed to be so?

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

So you want to shit on the 1st amendment to cater to gay ppl?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Your name is very apt as this is hilarious. Those signs say any reason, you say there are reasons that aren't acceptable. That means the signs are 100% incorrect.
    maybe im confused to as what sign you are referring to. which is it? cause the only sign i see is "no shoes shirt no service".