Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question So does Illidan still love Tyrande

Well the title says it all, does Illidan still love Tyrande?

7+ Year Old Account
    Does Illidan ever loved Tyrande? I through it was just wish to be better than his brother atleast in something.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Does Illidan ever loved Tyrande? I through it was just wish to be better than his brother atleast in something.
    The drive to be better than his brother comes from 2 things. 1, cenarian asking him to learn under malfurians guidance, and 2 tyrande choosing malfurian instead of him.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

I'm sure he does, what would have changed for him? The certain knowledge that he'll never have her wouldn't change anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    InB4 Illidan doesn't give a shit about saving Azeroth. He just wants Tyrande to notice him. Malfurion is probably gonna have an "accident" on Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    InB4 Illidan doesn't give a shit about saving Azeroth. He just wants Tyrande to notice him. Malfurion is probably gonna have an "accident" on Argus.
    Malfurion has been gone since EN and wont be coming back period this xpac.

Illidan lacks imagination:

Since they are twins, he should've killed Malfurion long ago.
    Put on Malfurion disguise and live with Tyrande happily ever after.
    ????
    profit

Only thing that will be hard to pull of is Malfurion's authoritative voice.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-09-09 at 11:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post

????
    profit

I don't think they are identical twins. But Illidan could've used magic to impersonate Malf.

Quote Originally Posted by Efe1 View Post
    Well the title says it all, does Illidan still love Tyrande?
    I have no idea if I'm right, but to me it seems like he considers her his biggest sacrifice and is why he was shunned and still not impressing his mentor. Also why in the end he could still be someone we have to actually defeat, we have no idea what the pure fel energy will do to the demon he has within. A good Nathrezim could technically trick him into some shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Malfurion has been gone since EN and wont be coming back period this xpac.
    Remember what happened the last time Malfurion was gone? Cataclysm. Revamp 2.0 confirmed?

We Maiev to wait to see what happens between him and Tyrande after Legion.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-09-10 at 11:45 AM.

Of course he does. Watch from 0.19.

I personally think, he wants to end the Burning Legion to save Tyrande even if it still means she will never love him. "What have you sacrificed?" has been his mantra from the first day... And it's suggested here that Cenarius gave him that ideal "Sacrifice, is something you have yet to understand". He's probably discovered that on his journey by sacrificing parts of himself to be a much more powerful being, come to understand that despite his love unrequited, it still leaves her open to threat from the Burning Legion and continuously defiled his integrity, being, so on till he openly sentences himself into eternal guarding of the Titans for the sake of Tyrande. The strongest love, is loving that person enough to let people be who they wish to be. Even if you never can have what you want from them wholly.
    Well he's followed that to the letter, sacrificed. Everything. To make sure Tyrande is safe.

It's a warped and silly theory but Illidan himself is just as messed up with how he's done things.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-09-10 at 11:37 AM.

yes and no.

more to no.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Remember what happened the last time Malfurion was gone? Cataclysm. Revamp 2.0 confirmed?
    I would love another world revamp and anyone with a right mind should want one too. I don't want the Old World to be stuck in the damn Cataclysm forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The hate fucking between Maiev and Illidan would have to be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    he had been asleep for like 5000 years at that point

I think Tyrande is only reason why Illidan wants to save Azeroth. Plus revenge to Burning Legion. Otherwise i don't see any other reason why he still fighting and not just leave.
    Last edited by Jorah; 2017-09-10 at 04:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    I think Tyrande is only reason why Illidan wants to save Azeroth. Plus revenge to Burning Legion. Otherwise i don't see any other reason why he still fighting and not just leave.
    Because he sacrificed everything, don't you remember?

But yeah, I think he does love Tyrande or at least did in the past. I think it truly hit him when Maiev lied that she died?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Made my morning! Hahaha Pun skills are out of this world!

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Obviously you never played WC3. She was the reason he turned to the skull of gul'dan for power, he sought the power to protect her and his people, he also risked his life and the lives of his army to help rescue her even though he was being hunted and was banished.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post

????
    profit

That way he remembers every single day how he never could beat his brother, but instead becomes him? I think its way more sad for him to have to take his brother spot than to create one for himself.

In my opinion Illidan still loves Tyrande, but will leave it as a love never fullfilled and you only need to read the datamined lines of him in the new Argus raid... He will keep that love unrequainted for eternity it seems.
    He should ditch Tyrande and go after Maiev.