View Poll Results: Should the homeless be evacuated from the storm against their will?

Voters
146. This poll is closed
  • Yes

115 78.77%
  • Np

31 21.23%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    baaah, i'm really tired of this "mentally unstable" BS. just because they want to deny your help is not the same as being mentally unstable, so please leave that lame excuse out for a minute ?
    distrust of government or believe in fake news or other issues are still a valid reason to deny any help.
    Denying a fucking hurricane is rather mental

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Denying a fucking hurricane is rather mental
    still not a viable cause

10+ Year Old Account
    If they didn't then how many people would talk about how the government ignored them?

Come on man.

And do you know how many of those people aren't mentally aware enough of to even make the decision of suicide by hurricane?

Lets stop the bullshit.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

They need to be hauled off by force. I work at a hospital and every time there's a hurricane you have these people who stay when they are told to go. And every time the run here demanding to be let in because they suddenly don't feel safe at home anymore. Which causes problems for us cause now we have to provide food, and place security to watch all these people they have huddled up in part of the hospital. Which we shouldn't have to when you knew way in advance to leave and decided to stay. Which takes time and energy away from other things that it could be used for. And have to worry about staff cause for all you know these people are crazy/dangerous. So I'm totally fine with having the police hauling them off.

Deleted
    People should not always decide what is best for them. Because people are not always smart enough to do so.

I love my city and my home. I am not rational thinking if someone threatens this. The people have no clue whatsoever what the consequences are if they stay. They can't judge if they are safe or not. Thus it shouldnt be up to them.

Yellowstone could blow, the Vesuvius could. Some people near the dangerzone will say "This is my home, I'm staying." they are not rational about this.
    There is a volcano erupting right before them and some people would demand to stay.

It should not be up to them. They are no different from children in this scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    People should not always decide what is best for them. Because people are not always smart enough to do so.
    Ohoho i heard somwhere this statement. So basically You consider ppl retards not knowing what is best for them in their opinion? I tend to believe in ppl.

right.

idiocy and bravado isn't a reason to allow people to die. everyone in the most dangerous areas should be forcibly evacuated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    Ohoho i heard somwhere this statement. So basically You consider ppl retards not knowing what is best for them in their opinion? I tend to believe in ppl.
    well, yeah, you can certainly make that argument for people in general. when the topic is homeless people refusing to evacuate from a fucking hurricane the argument only gets stronger.

Then You all should runaway from those nice guys...how u call them...antifa? So the state knows better what is good for You? Ugh, tfu.

Despite the objective fact that they should runaway from the hurricane, the freedom of making a decision about Your own fuckin life and what You do, should be Your own decision and state should not fucking intervene in any way.

Its not about compassion etc., its about a basic principal of personal freedom. If the guy wants to be there when the hurricane arrives its his fuckin decision and noone should put his nose into it.
    Last edited by Nehezbegar; 2017-09-10 at 07:09 PM.

these people can barely take care of themselves on a good day for fuck sake. if a homeless person refuses to run from a hurricane 90% chance they are either going to die OR get wise and run to the nearest shelter/hospital which they should have done in the fucking first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not about compassion etc., its about a basic principal of personal freedom. If the guy wants to be there when the hurricane arrives its his fuckin decision and noone should put his nose into it.
    fuck that, personal freedom means dick when the people involved are barely in control of their faculties. you might as well argue that someone with severe mental and physical handicaps should be able to make decisions like being able to drive by themselves, they only end up hurting themselves or hurting others.

Then i will be honest and brutal here. If that person is stupid enough to be at the place where hurricane hits, then its that person problem and when the person dies, well natural selection. But above all i believe in personal freedom of choice. Volenti non fit iniuria.

fuck that, personal freedom means dick when the people involved are barely in control of their faculties. you might as well argue that someone with severe mental and physical handicaps should be able to make decisions like being able to drive by themselves, they only end up hurting themselves or hurting others.
    Mental disorder ppl are usually incapacitated and someone else decides about them, simply because they are not capable of making conscious decisions thats why they have custodians who decides for them.
    Last edited by Nehezbegar; 2017-09-10 at 07:18 PM.

when your choice of freedom gets in mine or someone else way then do us all a favor and jettison yourself off this fucking planet. you refusing to care or even understand the situation, the people involved or the consequences that could happen only shows how childish your ideals are.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2017-09-10 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    when your choice of freedom gets in mine or someone else way then do us all a favor and jettison yourself off this fucking planet.
    Nope, i will not do You this favour. So we are back at ad personam i see .

I guess You dont even realize how dangerous Your point of view is. But i will not deliberate further into this discussion because there is no point of arguing when You wont convince me and i will not convince You .
    Last edited by Nehezbegar; 2017-09-10 at 07:24 PM.

Nope, i will not do You this favour. So we are back at ad personam i see .
    when talking about your myopic opinions then yeah, it kinda turns to that, who knew?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    the last few months have shown that many believe the freedom of choice only count if you chose "correctly"
    Well there's freedom to choose what Jesus would do and there's freedom to choose turning your back on everything that doesn't concern you regardless of the misery and hatred it may create from the shortsightedness of the individuals choices.

Your freedom goes as far as my person. At some point you have to look at society as a whole instead of at the individual level. Law of nature and law of state aren't the same.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fewer corpses to clean up, I suppose
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Yes because last I checked, Death via hurricane was considered bad.

Not everyone has the functions to assess this danger.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yes because last I checked, Death via hurricane was considered bad.

Not everyone has the functions to assess this danger.
    that's a dangerous point of view to have man! personal freedom to die or become a burden to other people is the only thing that matters! /s

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    that's a dangerous point of view to have man! personal freedom to die or become a burden to other people is the only thing that matters! /s
    Homeless people should have a safe space to commit suicide in peace. Its not hurting anyone unless they do it on the highway

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Right because a homeless person or pretty much any person has close to no chance of surviving a hurricane of this magnitude.
    You can offer to help, but like with suicide a person should be free to do as he pleases unless they aren't mentally stable enough to make a right call themselves.

Unpopular opinion though that people should be free to kill themselves or in this case choose to face danger instead of "safety".