Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    Crit converts to Parry and Parry = Survival

Edit: Druids get dodge from Crit and Brewmasters have a chance for heals to be increased by 65%, so that's pretty silly to say Crit doesn't have anything to do with Survival.
    Versatility literally increases the damage and healing you do by a percentage, doesn't mean that it's good for you, just as the amount of parry tanks get from crit is absolute garbage and can pretty much be entirely overlooked. Another thing to note, unlike increased damage and healing for you which is always useful, not all forms of damage can be parried for tanks, making it even worse.

And I believe I said "little to no survival", as in the amount it brings is so minuscule that it can be pretty much completely ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    It means that all items should have an equal chance of having Haste, Mastery, Vers, or Crit. Supposedly, you have as much chance of getting your best stats for a given spec than your worst stats. So if you're getting more items over time with Vers than the other stats then the RNG is probably skewed.
    Unless you're actually keeping track of every item you get and write down what you get, it's more likely that you're just noticing the ones with bad stats more.

Show me where the math proves Vers > Crit
    When dealing with Tikcol the best solution is just to ignore.. You will not get anywhere with that guy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Had to quote this and laugh. I get that secondary stats are far better on many classes but stating Vers is more or less useless is just silly. It may not be your best stat but it's hardly useless.
    We can check the dps of a ilvl 940 (let`s say bm or mm hunter, i know them) in full versa/haste gear....should be lower than a 900ilvl properly geared...You can say it`s hardly useless, but for a few spec it`s beyond useless....not completely ofc, but in efficiency wise below pathetic

Its almost as if...reforging was a good thing....woah...

I get that feeling too. But I also get the feeling that every day I check the time at exactly 13:37, because I remember it when it happens.
    Mother pus bucket!

Currently the 2 best geared Blood DK's in the world are 943 and sitting at 12% Vers, I avoid Vers and have 6%, so it's safe to assume if I went up lose to 20 ilevels, I would be around the same amount.

These guys are also both 6/9 Mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Unless you're actually keeping track of every item you get and write down what you get, it's more likely that you're just noticing the ones with bad stats more.
    What's more likely is that Blizz skews the RNG to give you more items on a given spec that are less desirable, and fewer items that have your better stats so you grind longer to finally get the stats you want.

They lie and deceive about almost everything else in WoW, no reason to think they wouldn't on this.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2017-09-11 at 05:25 PM.

Currently the 2 best geared Blood DK's in the world are 943 and sitting at 12% Vers, I avoid Vers and have 6%, so it's safe to assume if I went up lose to 20 ilevels, I would be around the same amount.

These guys are also both 6/9 Mythic.
    Progression really isn't as accurate an indicator for knowing how to gear as you seem to think, neither is highest ilevel(because the way you get highest ilevel is by just equipping for ilevel or logging out in an ilevel set)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    When dealing with Tikcol the best solution is just to ignore.. You will not get anywhere with that guy
    That's very rude.

Every guide and every blood dk mythic raider that takes his time seriously will not ever say crit > versatility. It's almost a crime to say such a thing.

He's like trying to breed bad tanks..

Confirmation bias. You remember when bad stuff happens because you're annoyed. You claim gear expecting it to be an upgrade, so you don't remember when you get an upgrade, as it's just what you expected to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Confirmation bias. You remember when bad stuff happens because you're annoyed. You claim gear expecting it to be an upgrade, so you don't remember when you get an upgrade, as it's just what you expected to happen.
    Yeap.

And then there's the reality of what happens in the game which usually favors Blizz and their goal to increase your time logged in.

Just dropping this in here for those saying Vers is shit for Blood DKs

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.47r24ayv2by9

By all means head to the DK Discord and tell them their analysis is wrong :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dremmy View Post

Thanks, they're trying to breed bad tanks man.

just got Goresmeared Abyssal Waistplate haste/vers to my fury warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Uhm.. No?

I hardly get Versatility items, to be honest.
    You're lucky. I have 21% of the fucking shit right now, and it's dumb.

hand all them vers items to your frendly ret paladins, thank you. As it stands, it's my best stat and theres too little in ToS

Quote Originally Posted by Dremmy View Post

Thank You. This is a great read!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Had to quote this and laugh. I get that secondary stats are far better on many classes but stating Vers is more or less useless is just silly. It may not be your best stat but it's hardly useless.
    It is for my balance druid. It's a distant fourth. I've been trying like hell to get haste closer to 30% (it's 23% now) and even in 912 level gear much of it the badge catchup stuff (I took a break, sue me), I keep getting Vers.

This is why I would like reforging back - if I get a crappy run of luck when getting gear let me reforge some of one stat to another. The way it is now all I can do is farm more Argunite and hope the next time I get a better stat combo... which keeps me playing longer...which is crap game design from the player perspective... which is why I will let the sub lapse in 14 days when it runs out.

Deleted
    The thing that pisses me of the most is when as an arms warrior I get a 930 item form the weekly chest with less mastery than my shitty 890 piece. I really hope this gets fixed in the next expansion. That's the thing that I'm looking for the most.