Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Seems like Blizzard go out of their way to annoy players.

First there's no flying on Argus.
    If the reason is so we could experience Argus world on foot, I get it.

But Blizzard make Argus like a freaking maze. The map doesn't show paths to certain areas. It gets annoying when the quest location is just beside you on the map but you need to walk one big round across the ledge to get to it. Wild goose chase for chests that are hidden behind objects, on mountains etc. We have no way of zooming out to see a mountain range or hill in its entirety, so finding the path to a chest is a guessing game... Why are maps becoming LESS detailed with time? If they don´t want to give us flying, at least they should make exploring on foot enjoyable and go back to detailed maps.

And I'm getting pretty sick of the dull green/fel worlds. You won't give us flying, but you also did not make questing on Argus bearable. It hurts my eyes to look at the terrain, keep getting lost, in this arbitrary terrain difficulty. The terrain is so poorly done that it's amateur. I've gotten stuck in ridges/craters so many times that my hearthstone has been on cooldown and I've had to use the unstuck feature repeatedly. Rocks and hills clip into each other. Moving very short distances on the map takes an excessively long time because of how inconveniently the zone is laid out.

The ground is a sea of trash mobs, some of whom can chain fear you. Once a pull goes badly I can either die or try to run entirely out of the zone, because there are almost no "safe spots." It feels like Blizzard wants us to kill useless mobs just to make us spend more time playing. Mounting up in this zone is a challenge in its own right...

The quest text is also nonexistent. Several world quests name strange objectives with no explanation of what they are, some quests fail to mention that they cannot be completed at certain times (ie if a camp has been destroyed), and some quest chains are simply hidden off to the side. I relied heavily on WoWhead to complete Argus.

This is what happens when "time played" is mistaken for "enjoyment". What a pathetic patch.

/endrant
    You should end sub and not come back if you feel this way.

From the US Forums about invasion points:

Rastlin
    <Awake>
    110 Orc Shaman
    2108 posts
    2 days ago

"Have you been wondering why you are dying all the time in the new invasion point scenarios? I have an answer for you. They can't be healed. So you are in a mini-raid with either no healers or healers who cannot effectively do their job.

Because we are not grouped I CANNOT:

a) see who the tank is
    b) see anyone's health
    c) know who needs a dispell
    d) see the location of my party members
    e) communicate with other party members in any way.
    f) or even know how many party members their are.

As a result, when I decide to even stay in healing spec, all I can do is toss down healing rains, chain heal and hope the chains hit someone in need. I can single target players too of course, but I have to find them and that's not easy.

This state of affairs is ridiculous. We are, after all, truly a raid group. This is the case because we all get credit for mobs we have not personally tagged just like any raid or scenario group. I understand you want to make invasion points hard. But there is this class called "healers" that can actually help a raid out in difficult instances!

Let us do our job.

Make the group a real GROUP so we can do the healing we need to do!

Please, Please, Please fix this."

I wonder if they opted out of auto-group because it would take less time completing them? I mean, they have to stretch out this cheap reused content with no real loading screens (seriously thought these were just a PTR thing... in prior expansions such cheap-ass content with PTR loading screens would never have been released) for as long as possible right? Hence the no-scaling approach as well... And, shall we also talk about how the WQs offer just one relic of each type? And how small and uninspired the world quest pool feels already?

And how the zone that was released this week has no world quests on it, whatsoever. Oh well, waiting for 10 more quests on reset day!
    It is straight up terrible presentation and thought put into this zone. Sad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Has it ever occurred to you that these so-called haters love the game even more? Why would I waste my time otherwise? To evoke disillusionment in your hearts? To make you quit? No. The opposite of love is not hate (they go hand in hand actually) but indifference. And players with a low threshold for satisfaction are more prone to indifference than those who "hate" the game (because hate in this case is really just the tip of the iceberg made of love). This is what WoD and a sub-par content patch (7.2) can do to you I guess. Everything is awesome!!
    People who love the game will offer feedback on the official site and move on either staying subbed, or jumping ship til things improve. I know I personally LOVE the game more than most since I have been unsubbed one time for 4 months in 11 years. I stuck with the game through good, or bad. Personally, some of you are confusing passionate and caring, with psychotic and scary. We get it, you hate Argus. Meanwhile, there are millions subbed who are still having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    You should end sub and not come back if you feel this way.
    You don't have to post in this thread if you don't like it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Who said I didn't like the thread? I LOVE threads that whiners start, it allows me to post things like I did. Or I get to trigger post whores like you.
    Last edited by Moozart; 2017-09-12 at 01:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    That whoosing sound was his point flying over your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Who said I didnt like the tread? I LOVE threads that whiners start, it allows me to post things like I did. .
    I can see the white flag from here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    That whoosing sound was his point flying over your head.
    Putting up a white flag isn't making a point...that sounds like something Jaylock would say. Then again Jaylock has free reign on these forums so I do not know at this point lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I don't do old ones. Only new ones, and only if they look fun. And usually only once, unless I am bored and I'm watching a video and need something to do with my hands. There is no point in killing every elite mob on Argus, the fights are all boring anyway. So give me a fun quest - there have been some on the Broken Shore, like the one with the elemental - and I'll do it.

Haha... no.

Depends. If it's a cool event, I'll do it once. I haven't run into any. But I certainly wouldn't do the same event over and over again. I did that transmog holiday thing 3 times, I think, and then got bored. Is it any surprise?

Which would be?

I have said that. I play for the story. Remember when the expansion was released? You get called to Dalaran, you teleport over to the Broken Isles, then you pick a zone and you start questing. That's what I do. You know, the actual game. So on Argus that would be the storyline that starts when you get there. You know, meeting up with Turalyon and Alleria etc. Well I've done that. How many quests was that. 10? Ok, now I'm waiting for the next 10 quests. Hey, I'm ok with minimal quest content in patches, but don't be surprised if after an hour I have nothing to do. And an hour for 10 quests is long. I take my time. What I'm not gonna do is the same fucking WQs over and over. WQs are basically just dailies and as someone who started in TBC, I have had enough of them. I did all of them in MoP, it's ok, I am happy without dailies. They have their place in WoW, but don't expect me to jump for joy just cause you gave me a repeatable quest.
    I think Blizz is lost when they don't have quest hubs anymore to progress a story. It is all disjointed quite honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by jarbulldog View Post
    Argus sucks plain and simple.

The story is bla. The quests are the same wq as before. If you can't solo all the rares then is entirely another issue.

The worthless mobs that knock you off your mount are joke, if you die to them that's another issue

The scenery is boring as hell, the first 5 zones look way better.

Don't even get me started on flying. You think people actually look at the scenery when questing, no they are looking at the map of to figure out where the fuck they are and going.

Me personally notice a lot more when flying.

Overall I give Argus a 4 out 10 may change when raid opens.

Feels like a pile shit thrown together.
    well...

argus = broken isle 2.0

heh :P

and for the scenery, you're right and i would add that people only look at it when blizard make it spiral because they know that if all the land was flat, the three zone would be so small, we could not even put 3 elephant in there.. flying is the best thing ever because the game is so much better and fun to play when you dont have to walk on their fucking spiral mountain anymore

when the two new reput will be done, you'll see like 90% less people on argus, because it's not fun at all

They were even so cheap to design the custom environments for Argus. Argus forests use the same tileset that Suramar.

Deleted
    I think its neat, its supposed to be annoying in its own way (not talking about flying). Demons and spiky ridges etc everywhere, its demons home world for crying out loud.

I think you should just take a break from wow, since you get so mad about the little stuff.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has it ever occurred to you that these so-called haters love the game even more? Why would I waste my time otherwise? To evoke disillusionment in your hearts? To make you quit? No. The opposite of love is not hate (they go hand in hand actually) but indifference. And players with a low threshold for satisfaction are more prone to indifference than those who "hate" the game (because hate in this case is really just the tip of the iceberg made of love). This is what WoD and a sub-par content patch (7.2) can do to you I guess. Everything is awesome!!
    You mean the people that come in here and go "Lol I hate the Devs, Blizz is Shit, WoW is Shit!" Sure sounds like they love the game

Stop trying to make excuses for pathetic people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    What about people spending hours of their lives screaming about those pathetic adults?
    People telling illogical/pathetic morons to fuck off from something they enjoy because they don't want their petty toxicity around is a pretty normal thing.

I played Argus yesterday "extensively" for the first time, was too annoyed at the beginning but later got used to it and even liked it.

It's different, and I like it this way.

I only hope they do something about the many map, the zones are getting "multi-level" and the map is confusing.

I enjoy Argus, but certainly understand that we all have different tastes and some players don't like what I do. I hope everyone who is sick of Argus enjoys a nice break and maybe returns when the game is fun for them again (unless they find another hobby they enjoy more).
    Happy Trails!

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't understand what the lasting appeal is for Argus though? I mean, it seems like a great place for a mid-expansion filler patch. But this is supposed to tide us over 'til the next expansion's release, along with the new raid in a few months? I don't get it.. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Because

1) It's meant to shut down discussion. It has no value and is basically a politer way to say "fuck off".

2) It's simplistic. People may like other aspects of the game and dislike the one under discussion (Argus, here). They don't want to leave, they wanted the feature to be better

3) It's putting your fingers in your ears - "I don't want to hear this, STFU!!!".

4) It's hypocritical. IF someone doesn't want to read about how people dislike Argus they can unsubscribe, er, not read the thread.

5) It equates criticism with hating. Nothing gets better if the people who aren't satisfied don't say "I don't like this because...."

Conversely, of course, just saying "Argus sucks!" without more information isn't useful either.
    I agree that gripe threads would be more engaging if they started with titles like "How can I avoid dazing on Argus?", "Are others struggling to find safe places to afk on Argus?", or "I wish the Invasion Points were more elaborate". Threads that bring up specific challenges the OP is struggling with or thoughts on how to improve things. Without the hyperbole.

Really, I think hyperbole creates a lot of the negativity in these threads. When an idea for constructive feedback is posted as "I hate this game, Blizz sucks, and btw the sky is falling", it comes off more like a cranky kid throwing a tantrum. No wonder many responders are triggered to roll their eyes and tell OP to take a break.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I honestly don't understand what the lasting appeal is for Argus though? I mean, it seems like a great place for a mid-expansion filler patch. But this is supposed to tide us over 'til the next expansion's release, along with the new raid in a few months? I don't get it.. Am I missing something?
    I'm not going to worry about content draught until it happens. Ion says they learned their lesson from WoD, and most would agree that the release of content has been more regular in Legion. I can't tell you exactly what Blizz plans to release after 7.3.5, but they've been consistent enough in the past year to earn my benefit of the doubt for now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post

I'm not going to worry about content draught until it happens. Ion says they learned their lesson from WoD, and most would agree that the release of content has been more regular in Legion. I can't tell you exactly what Blizz plans to release after 7.3.5, but they've been consistent enough in the past year to earn my benefit of the doubt for now.
    While it is true the updates have been more frequent we can argue about the quality (and no, we should not compare with WoD). The invasions for example are all reused art, the zone diversity in Legion is abysmal and the lack of detail in the zones shows! Terrain clipping into rocks, etc. Plus all these zones are instances with 2D backdrop art (evident when you look out of the Vindicaar). The portals abound and as a result the immersion suffers. Take a portal to Vindicaar, teleport to Krokuun, take another portal there and enter an invasion point... Wtf.

Also, I cannot seem to recall one other "feature" or instance-type addition which completely lacks its own loading screen. Invasions were released with PTR loading screens from Vanilla, with the gryphon riding high in the sky...

Also, 7.2 was really underwhelming. So we can really argue as to the quality of these content updates. The quantity is there definitely

Deleted
    While it is true the updates have been more frequent we can argue about the quality (and no, we should not compare with WoD). The invasions for example are all reused art, the zone diversity in Legion is abysmal and the lack of detail in the zones shows! Terrain clipping into rocks, etc. Plus all these zones are instances with 2D backdrop art (evident when you look out of the Vindicaar). The portals abound and as a result the immersion suffers. Take a portal to Vindicaar, teleport to Krokuun, take another portal there and enter an invasion point... Wtf.

Also, I cannot seem to recall one other "feature" or instance-type addition which completely lacks its own loading screen. Invasions were released with PTR loading screens from Vanilla, with the gryphon riding high in the sky...

Also, 7.2 was really underwhelming. So we can really argue as to the quality of these content updates. The quantity is there definitely
    Invasion points seem such a great waste of time. So, before, you just went to a world boss and this was it. Now, you have to unlock the stupid world boss by running 5 of these mind numbing, boring scenarios. How can they think that this is engaging gameplay? I don't even want to try out the blood themed one because I get nausea just by thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Invasion points seem such a great waste of time. So, before, you just went to a world boss and this was it. Now, you have to unlock the stupid world boss by running 5 of these mind numbing, boring scenarios. How can they think that this is engaging gameplay? I don't even want to try out the blood themed one because I get nausea just by thinking about it.
    its not - but it ensure hamsters run on wheel and stay subbed - its their only goal lately - make stupid artificial time gates so they could show investors "hey people play this game long"

this will end horribly - wow gained its popularity exackly becaue it was casual friendly - and atm they are turning it into one of many mmorpgs which are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    People telling illogical/pathetic morons to fuck off from something they enjoy because they don't want their petty toxicity around is a pretty normal thing.
    I'd agree, that would be normal. But there's nothing illogical or pathetic about the OP's assessment. It's actually very logical for someone to complain about perceived flaws in their passions. Just like someone would complain about perceived flaws in Star Wars movies would not be illogical. It would be illogical if say the OP was complaining about content they haven't played yet, which is a very common case.

Also, where is the toxicity? Someone giving their opinion on something is now considered toxic? None of it is insulting or directed, so I don't understand why anyone should be offended by mere expression of opinion, unless they were somehow taking an opposing opinion as a personal attack.

"Lol I hate the Devs, Blizz is Shit, WoW is Shit!" isn't toxicity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

The only class I find Argus enjoyable with is my warlock. It kind of fits... I don't care about mobs and just kill everything in my way that pi55es me off. It's a huge difference compared to the other classes I play. That's a little frustrating but will get a lot better once the Crucible kicks in I guess.

BTW: Am I the only one that always reads 'Cubicle' instead of 'Crucible' ??