Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I think people who'd bully her over this are basically pond scum who need to rethink their lives if this is how they amuse themselves.

That said, the Internet is a hellscape. It isn't kind or pleasant to anyone. Don't chum the waters and act surprised when sharks start circling.
    I checked the comments on the picture. The examples from the article wasn't at all bullying and just telling her that she was promoting obesity. (if an anorexic girl was posting about how she was beautiful and didn't have to change, same thing would have happened.)

I also find it curious that her message that they should be judged by their character.

On an app for posting superficial pictures. She should just stay on tumblr.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I checked the comments on the picture. The examples from the article wasn't at all bullying and just telling her that she was promoting obesity. (if an anorexic girl was posting about how she was beautiful and didn't have to change, same thing would have happened.)

I also find it curious that her message that they should be judged by their character.

On an app for posting superficial pictures. She should just stay on tumblr.
    Feels like a lot of models are promoting anorexia..

Curvy =/= fat

She was fat. You can be proud of who you are, but don't go calling yourself something you're not and certainly don't try to advocate that THAT level of "curvy" is healthy....especially when compared to actual healthy and fit people.

Deleted
    As an overweight person myself, fat people can't be fat shamed enough. She doesn't look "healthy', she is clearly fat or even borderline obese.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    They aren't though, I rarely see women so skinny that they look to be suffering anorexia. Granted I don't really view a whole lot of pictures as I think instagram is pathetic, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    As an overweight person myself, fat people can't be fat shamed enough. She doesn't look "healthy', she is clearly fat or even borderline obese.
    I think the borderline has long since been passed... she looks more than 30 lbs overweight.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Those who are also gets chasticed for it now. Western Society has recognized the dangers, and any media the vulnerable group of girls and boys share with the slightly sturdier generation you also don't get away with promoting self-destruction.

Same as being obese and saying you're fine, everything is fine and nobody should change themselves.

There's a difference between promoting self-love and saying being obese is healthy (sometimes this message even morphs into obese = better; because you're less privileged).

You simply don't get away with saying anorexic is beautiful on facebook. And everyone knows that anorexic people are on the verge of death. Society as a whole still doesn't recognize that the same goes for obesity.

cyber bullying isnt real bullying. getting your lunch money stolen is real.

I always wonder, where are the "plus size" male models? Why is it seemingly that only overweight women can declare themselves as beautiful, and decide that they are now models just because they slap on some makeup and a bathing suit? I don't say this to mean that all overweight women are ugly, and hell, most actual professional models are ugly as hell to begin with. But...where's the Big Beautiful Man models at?

You can't say curvy when you mean morbidly obese.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    At what exact weight/BMI does curvy transition into fat?
    At which point does a gradient go from white to grey? It's all subjective; there's no specific point where you can point it out. What I find curvy, you might find fat, or vice versa.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Shes fat not curvy or thick or juicy just fucking fat.

I hate it when fat women call themselves curvy. Curvy means you have a thin waist, big hips firm but round ass and a nice rack. Fat is fat. This girl is just fat and unattractive. She attacks others by puttering her gross self in pictures online she deserves to be counter attacked.

Shes not a model, unless shes modeling what a whale would look like if it was made human.
    while cyber bullying is bad, obesity is a real problem. We should solve obesity then focus on bullying afterwards, and no you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Wait, is "cyberbullying isn't real, just get off the internet" an actual argument people make?

Isn't that akin to saying "just move schools/get a different job" in response to IRL bullying? If you want to use a platform but being there makes you a target for people who want to harass you, they're basically forcing you to choose to either deal with the harassment or surrender by not using it. How is that not bullying?

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I don't understand people who want to be models whilst also not being judged on looks.

Isn't being judged on looks rather the point of a model?
    And keeping in good shape is most of a models job, showing up for photo shoots is the easy part. Could you imagine showing up at work just for the paycheck and pissing off for everything else? It's absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    At which point does a gradient go from white to grey? It's all subjective; there's no specific point where you can point it out. What I find curvy, you might find fat, or vice versa.
    You have successfully captured my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Wait, is "cyberbullying isn't real, just get off the internet" an actual argument people make?

Isn't that akin to saying "just move schools/get a different job" in response to IRL bullying? If you want to use a platform but being there makes you a target for people who want to harass you, they're basically forcing you to choose to either deal with the harassment or surrender by not using it. How is that not bullying?
    the block function online works better than ignore irl. you don't have to be online to work for the most part, and if you are and still experiencing the issue then you're either doing things very wrong or should start building your case with HR or law enforcement.

The fact remains that taking a break from the internet if you're really getting cyber bullied, and getting help (or at least some fresh air) is very much there... it's not the same as changing jobs and schools since you can just turn off your system...

if you're still getting the treatment in reality, then that's not cyber bullying anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post

Posting half-naked pictures online, for likes/karma/other bullshit is a luxury, not a right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I think people who'd bully her over this are basically pond scum who need to rethink their lives if this is how they amuse themselves.

That said, the Internet is a hellscape. It isn't kind or pleasant to anyone. Don't chum the waters and act surprised when sharks start circling.
    Or it's a mechanism to ensure we as a specie do not glorify bad health just so we don't break someones feelings. As a guy who had acne for 10+ years I can tell you that the bullying I endured made me want to cure acne and I grew a thicker skin in the process when it comes to insults.

I mean, to her credit, she actually pulls that suit off. That said, fat people should not be a role model. Just like how we don't have cigarettes being aimed at kids.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.