Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    ...do you think it would be the most important player in the global market? Or maybe Europe can overcome US and China as a military hegemon. How would the world look like if EU was a one country?

I look forward to hear your oppinions.
    ROFL

Uh, you might want to purchase your second and third tanks, before you start having dreams of military dominance, Europe. The amount of ignorance in regards to military matters is just astounding when speaking to the EU posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    Oh, I don't dispute that you can seek asylum without being a refugee, not in the least. What I dispute, from memory (ie not 100% sure, but almost), is that you can be a refugee without getting asylum. Which you claimed, per "You can be a refugee and yet be denied asylum". I don't think that's correct, at all, but she might very well have made some other claim that was erroneous, and which I didn't notice/didn't bother to read.
    You can absolutely be a refugee without being granted asylum. That's the whole point I'm trying to make. Freighter here thinks that asylum and refugee status are one and the same. Hence her illusion that Germany can just deny refugee status to people. No, we can't. We can deny them asylum, but that doesn't mean they may not get refugee status from the UN and as such, we're obliged to follow the rules put down in the Geneva convention. In such a circumstance, you do get a permit to stay here, but not asylum. The difference is that if you're "just" a refugee, you get sent back once the reason why you're a refugee is over. And vice versa, you can't just be extradicted without a good reason. Not even if you commit crimes here. Unlike asylum seekers, where we can and do extradict them if they commit crimes. This is all very complicated and there are a gadzillion special rules and exceptions, but it's decidedly not as simple as Freighter thinks it is. That's the whole point I'm making.

Certainly neither Japan nor SK are anywhere close to being comparable to Europe.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You can absolutely be a refugee without being granted asylum. That's the whole point I'm trying to make. Freighter here thinks that asylum and refugee status are one and the same. Hence her illusion that Germany can just deny refugee status to people. No, we can't. We can deny them asylum, but that doesn't mean they may not get refugee status from the UN and as such, we're obliged to follow the rules put down in the Geneva convention. In such a circumstance, you do get a permit to stay here, but not asylum. The difference is that if you're "just" a refugee, you get sent back once the reason why you're a refugee is over. And vice versa, you can't just be extradicted without a good reason. Not even if you commit crimes here. Unlike asylum seekers, where we can and do extradict them if they commit crimes. This is all very complicated and there are a gadzillion special rules and exceptions, but it's decidedly not as simple as Freighter thinks it is. That's the whole point I'm making.

Certainly neither Japan nor SK are anywhere close to being comparable to Europe.
    I think Eastern Europe should take a lot of migrants and pour them over in Germany.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

Those people who receive refugee status from UN are people in resettlement programs and the nations agree to take them too. You can say no to them too.

Yes, you can deport refugees who commits crime without violating anything in the convention. Have YOU not read the convention? Article 33 specifically says you can.

Article 33 - Prohibition of expulsion or return ("refoulement")

1. No Contracting State shall expel or return (" refouler ") a refugee in any manner whatsoever to the frontiers of territories where his life or freedom would be threatened on account of his race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion.

2. The benefit of the present provision may not, however, be claimed by a refugee whom there are reasonable grounds for regarding as a danger to the security of the country in which he is, or who, having been convicted by a final judgement of a particularly serious crime, constitutes a danger to the community of that country.

No, you're not obliged to follow it, you're currently agreeing to.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-09-11 at 06:16 PM.

Europe did that once under the Nazi's and was a extremely strong country at that point. They will NEVER EVER EVER unite due to all there centuries of war, different languages, and cultures.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Europe did that once under the Nazi's and was a extremely strong country at that point. They will NEVER EVER EVER unite due to all there centuries of war, different languages, and cultures.
    And because nobody in Eastern Europe is stupid enough to let 3rd world desert-roamers who are uncivilized freely come to our countries and then be ungrateful fools. West Europeans want that. Good for them. But those kind of differences will never let us unite.

Thank God!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkza View Post
    And because nobody in Eastern Europe is stupid enough to let 3rd world desert-roamers who are uncivilized freely come to our countries and then be ungrateful fools. West Europeans want that. Good for them. But those kind of differences will never let us unite.

Thank God!
    Desert-roamers?

Individual tribal identity >>>>>>>>>>>>>> multiculturalist shit show
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Considering their leadership choices and lawmaking, I don't see that ever happening.
    [Insert Infraction Here]

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    Individual tribal identity >>>>>>>>>>>>>> multiculturalist shit show
    Multiculturalist shit show? What do you mean exactly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Desert-roamers?
    Hmm... Yes...?

Hmm... Yes...?
    What's that even supposed to mean?

Deleted
    What's that even supposed to mean?
    They live and roam in deserts...?

They live and roam in deserts...?
    Who does?

Deleted
    Who does?
    People who migrate to Europe...?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    ROFL

Uh, you might want to purchase your second and third tanks, before you start having dreams of military dominance, Europe. The amount of ignorance in regards to military matters is just astounding when speaking to the EU posters.
    lol true american. It always amazes that you speak english and still dont understand it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    lol true american. It always amazes that you speak english and still dont understand it completely.
    Says the guy who has no shift key or commitment to punctuation. Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Says the guy who has no shift key or commitment to punctuation. Just sayin...
    oh so you are going after grammar now? too bad english isn't my first language, not even second for that matter. Still I suggest you actually read what you wrote and then dig a hole for yourself and jump.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Actualy proof of this aka source would be nice to have.
    Then clearly you have no idea how damaged our democratic process is. The pm called "the possibility of such a referendum utterly irresponsible". Which means the ither media will just ignore the subject hopiNg itll fade from the publics mind

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Bullshit.

If you voted against something and it happened anyway, then blame YOUR government - the EU cannot decide anything unless your own government agrees.
    Have a fun little look at our ukraine joining referendum. Then youll see what bullshit looks like

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    all without officials elected by the people what could possibly go wrong
    Don't be ignorant or wilfully spread lies, MEPs are elected.