Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'm fine, but thanks for the concern..I guess. lol.

I think the game design is basically fine.It's the players who are the problem in this case IMO. Cases like this just makes what little faith in humanity I still have just get smaller and smaller. It's not Blizzards fault players act like ass holes, so telling me to go talk to Blizzard to fix the problem is a little ridiculous.

I'd be totally fine with any system that actively discourages and punishes players who are AFK, but I feel that the game and developers have far better things to spend development time on than playing babysitter for a few twats that ultimately aren't harming anything except our faith in humanity.
    You're not going to change how people work by getting upset on the internet though.

It might be too late to fix a system like that now but if you at least give Blizzard your feedback they might have a better system in-place the next time they do something like this.
    I mean, the BGs already has this, why not invasion points?

Pull the mobs on the afkers and aim the frontal attacks on them.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    You're basically just doing a mindless task for a slot machine token. And then every time you pull the slot machine there's a 95% chance you'll be disappointed.
    Yeah I mean I feel you. People didn't want an endless grind, they wanted more things to do outside of Mythic raiding than what WoD offered.

They could have done something like... put a weekly cap on AP, given you Artifact Knowledge every reset like they do now, and then increase the cap by the same percent that your AK was as well as adding any missed AP to the new cap. For example: Say week 1 the cap is 1000 AP. Next week you get AK 1 which increases your gain by 10%. You'd also increase your weekly cap by 10% which would put your new weekly cap at 1100 if you got all your AP last week. Say you didn't get any. Say you were out of town. Your cap would now be 2100 (1000 for the first week you missed and 1100 for the new week that has started), but the first 1000 from last week would effectively be gained 10% faster than the week before because of that extra 10% gain. If somebody joins super late, their cap would be REALLY high, but they also would have max AK which means they would speed through all of the levels much faster than they would have just like now.

The reason for all these changes would be that they could actually make all of the content relevant. Pet battle a random critter? Get some AP. Finish a dungeon? Get some AP. Harvest some resources? Get some AP. Just make anything and everything award AP so you don't have to grind specific content, but the cap is there so you can't just get infinite and kill yourself grinding boring ass shit you don't like for no reason.

I think that is immediately a much larger improvement over Legion's AP system. It has good intentions by making all of the content relevant, but it does it in such a poor way. It's infinite. You can never catch up. Somebody who grinds 15% more AP than you forever will always be gaining more AP than you.

Then if they could just fix the titanforge and legendary system we'd be in business.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2017-09-12 at 06:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of the main reasons why you are better off in other mmo's to be honest.

It is also interesting to see how little this actually happens in other mmo's as if, WoW for some reason attracts these fairly toxic, selfish and obstructive players. And it is toxic since being there and not doing anything means it scales and while you can duo these things it is not enjoyable to do so. However it is blizzards fault for enabling this behavior, from wrath onward they have made it so that removing people from game created groups became harder and harder, what means that yes you are less likely to be removed because of any random criteria you do not meet for that team, it also means you are much more likely to experience people doing nothing at all since it is that hard to be removed.

How do other mmo's tackle this? A medal system. Based on your participation level you get rewarded. Merely being there and not doing at all would mean you'll receive low bronze and that means you might as well just not have bothered to be there in the first place.

I guess the only option is to form your own group and remove anyone who does not participate, what means in most cases they get ported back to their own instance.

In any case i do not get the mentality in general if you dislike invasions, bg's and what not. Why simply not do them? Why simply not play the game at all and find a more enjoyable use of your time? Are people just addicted? Simply brainless zombies hunting for that next reward that will become obsolete in a few months time anyway?

In any case as i mentioned before if this really bothers you look at other mmo's, WoW is for a large part almost exclusive in attracting these bottom feeders.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I notice afkers on my tank toon I try to stack the mobs on them. Even with afew afkers anything but damn mushroom one is over is 10 mins tops

J
    AFK's on invasion points, what should we do about that?
    Offer to give them a massage?

Blizzard could easily stop stuff like that if they would create a system like in guild wars 2 where your contribution is rated. You are afk doing nothing? great, you get nothing. You are there from the beggining ripping your ass off? Gold, there you go take that extra piece of reward. Same goes for lfr btw. Rate people and they will start doing something for the stuff they want
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas Prime View Post
    Blizzard could easily stop stuff like that if they would create a system like in guild wars 2 where your contribution is rated. You are afk doing nothing? great, you get nothing. You are there from the beggining ripping your ass off? Gold, there you go take that extra piece of reward. Same goes for lfr btw. Rate people and they will start doing something for the stuff they want
    ...and scale it with ilvl of course. At least in LFR, almost all AFKers and griefers run around in Heroic gear.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    When possible, I drag elites on top of them and let them die.

This topic amuses me tbh, as a couple nights ago we had some new druid in gchat talking about how cool it was that he could leech off of others in the Argus invasions. I called him a "fucking scumbag" and got a polite talking to by the assistant gm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    I dont really care about afkers :P as a tank i just pull packs of mobs (unless im in the mushroom invasion , fuck that dmg output)
    Those shadowbolts are for real

Wow didn't even think this would be a thing,

its over that quickly, I'm surprised there's even time to go afk. Guess that's pretty much the definition of pathetic-ness

Guess just make a stacking report system, get x amount of reports get warned, get y amounts of it, get a invasion entry ban for x invasions or time, get z amount of reports get banned from all invasions completely.

Mind you like everything else, someone will find a way to abuse that

Quote Originally Posted by Tengokuq View Post
    It pisses me off when 4 to 5 people are just afking and letting the other people do their work. If you want things, earn it. I mean, I keep killing everything and get the boss with other people down to 10% and suddenly those who were afk decided to help. Really irritating.
    Report them for exploiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

I love remaining afk after entering the portal and tagging the boss when it's about to die.

I usually do more important things meanwhile

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't help but wonder Who The Hell Cares?

It's someone who tagged it at the end. Big whoop. Can't tell you how many times I've had to run across the map for a boss only to find it's dead, I can't solo it when it respawns, and I have to wait. What I wouldn't give to just have to tag some of these mobs at the end so I can just get it over with.

If you AFK in real life you will get less loot.

Easy, kite the mobs to the afkers, so the mob's aoe kills them. They get buggery all the n.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It is boring though? Gone are the days when content was engaging and fun.
    Subjective. Besides, it is no excuse to want the rewards but not willing to put in the effort.

Now you just grind so you can pull the slot machine more times.
    MMO has always been a grind. In case you did not notice, people wanted the grind back. Hence we have the AP grind.

Deleted
    Nothing to do other than doing the job for them, sadly.