Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's a purely cosmetic thing, it doesn't affect the gameplay in any way.
    Blizzard isn't selling in-game powerups through the store, just the character services and cosmetic items. Also, with the introduction of the tokens, you CAN buy these things with in-game gold. Yes, a lot of gold, but if they were cheap people would complain that it's not a special thing because everybody has it.
    They have done charity pets in the past, with all proceeds going to a reputable charitable organisation. Again, with the tokens, you can now exchange your in-game gold to help people in the real world. That's actually pretty cool, don't you think?
    If you don't like the store pets, the obvious solution is not to buy them and be done with.

Edit:
    Your subscription fees mostly pay for server upkeep and patch development. That pet will largely pay for itself, through people buying it.
    Last edited by mmoce6b0045de5; 2017-09-12 at 10:56 AM.

Deleted
    Considering they only just released the Twilight cat and saber mount like, last month? this is most likely hurricane charity in which 90% goes to the people in need. They've always done this after a major event to try and get people to donate.

Regardless if the pet is for charity or not, I'm wondering if you're angry because you hate pets and are sick of seeing people with ones they have bought so are easily recognized as such, or if you really want the pet but don't feel like buying it and so are angry.

Either way, pets are cosmetic or for battles. At least Blizz makes them unique looking to be worth you money. Not like those knives and silly stickers I've seen for Call of duty or whatever, I don't know I don't play it but I've seen silly expensive things that don't even look worth the money but that's something entirely different ;P

Deleted
    Who cares about pets anyway.

Deleted
    Oh another "<insert random aspect of the game> -bullshit" hate thread... how uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    The only time I had a problem with the Store was in WoD when it was obvious that Blizzard deliberately took mounts intended to be earned in-game and put them into the Store. For the most part, however, they are really humble when it comes to what they sell there.
    Humble??? You must be a Blizzard employee to spew that kind of line. Even Blizzards other services are way overpriced, and you call them humble, thanks for a laugh.

Edit: I'm all for charity items in the store, if said charity does get 90+% of the proceeds.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by SherriMayim View Post
    The pet isn't required for you to Raid Normal/Heroic/Mythic Tomb.

...Brb gonna make it a requirement in pugs now.
    Yes ... great idea! Let's do it!
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you want me to buy it for you so you can shut the fuck up?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is most likely their charity pet for this year as they do most years... are you upset at them giving to charity?

I'm not sure why we bother having this conversation each time they release a pet or mount to the store. It's a cosmetic item that does not effect you in any way. There's a shitton of new mounts and pets in 7.3, so you shouldn't even complain that they're taking content from in-game.

I don't know why you're so upset. The cash shop greed has been in full swing for almost 10 years now, it's where a huge chunk of the Blizzard revenue comes from. If it didn't exist they'd only get the sales from the boxes and subscriptions and that's not enough.

Then can add all the cosmetic real life money items they want, you dont have to buy anything and it doesn't affect the game.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Valrysha View Post
    So, a new pet was added today to the game, and it says it's from the battle.net store.

I'm sorry but I'm sick of these store pets and mounts, they have no place in a game we pay £40 for expansions, and £10 a month.

This pet, correct me if I'm wrong, is different than ones that have come before it.

I am SICK of this crap!
    https://twitter.com/Wowhead/status/907479235475890177
    Buy tokens with gold, use tokens to add to your battle.net wallet. Buy pet. An easy 100% in-game means without having to spend real money. Or you know, don't worry about it and don't buy it.

Well this little fucker will most likely cost me 150k Gold with US token prices

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, another store pet. I guess I'll be forced to get it by raid leader so my DPS goes up 1%

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I don't know why you're so upset. The cash shop greed has been in full swing for almost 10 years now, it's where a huge chunk of the Blizzard revenue comes from. If it didn't exist they'd only get the sales from the boxes and subscriptions and that's not enough.
    And it probably is not enough to fund the development of WoW and other projects alone, hence why the shop was introduced. You would have a point if they did not allow you to use tokens to buy such things, which you can purchase with gold. You would have a point if the pets and mounts were not account wide. You would have a point if they were adding tons of items to the shop regularly. It's been almost 10 years and less than 30 non service cosmetic items have been in the shop. It's not like they are adding weekly glow effects, footprints, differently colored gear and oll the other items that are in other shops that appear much more frequently.

Deleted
    This as everyone said is going to be a charity relief pet, probably for the hurricane victims in the US.

It looks like its been thrown together using the same tech of the previous pet that does the exact same thing but with more colours, very basic but with a purpose.

OP just wants an excuse to be made at something, if he gave it more thought he could've reached the same conclusion as everyone who posted.

Once again, Microtransactions do not have a place in games like this. ALL The content should be available in the game, and I'm not buying the "Buy it with gold" argument, this is a cashgrab plain and simple and is disgusting.
    I half agree with you. Game with constant pay subscription shouldn't have store with content like tmog, pets, mounts. Services like faction transfer and race change is okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, Microtransactions do not have a place in games like this. ALL The content should be available in the game, and I'm not buying the "Buy it with gold" argument, this is a cashgrab plain and simple and is disgusting.
    Good thing they've put in a built in way to show your displeasure: Stop playing

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neukhia View Post
    This as everyone said is going to be a charity relief pet, probably for the hurricane victims in the US.

It looks like its been thrown together using the same tech of the previous pet that does the exact same thing but with more colours, very basic but with a purpose.

OP just wants an excuse to be made at something, if he gave it more thought he could've reached the same conclusion as everyone who posted.
    Please provide a source where it was said to come from a charity event?

I do think the mounts and helms (ESPECIALLY the helms) are overpriced for a subscription game, but I'm fine with charity pets and mounts and the like. Most of the time I just wait for the things to inevitably become half price.