Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    and the fire mage weapon quest

- - - Updated - - -

this is NOT CANNON.
    You can do it with killing just one. (ofc I did it by killing them all *MUAHAHAH*)
    Doesn't necessarily make it non-canon. If you kill all the dragons, the Lich King says "You are empty inside, just like me".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Doesn't necessarily make it non-canon. If you kill all the dragons, the Lich King says "You are empty inside, just like me".
    Yes, IT DOES silly. BLizzard themself stated they removed the FoTS to NOT make it cannon. But go on claim bs like you always do....

7+ Year Old Account
    If i'm not mistaking, my Warlock friend said that the Council of the Black Harvest is trying to revive Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Yes, IT DOES silly. BLizzard themself stated they removed the FoTS to NOT make it cannon. But go on claim bs like you always do....
    they removed the fots only to not force the completionists to kill all dragons, not for canon problems....

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the same reason why we didn't put a sword in guldan's gut when he was stuck powering the dark portal, so he can become a future baddie

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    Can Paladins quickly explain how they interact or of the new LK? That would be super nice ^^

I did the DK campaign and honestly it was amazing. Way better than the Rogue
    Paladins don't interact with him.
    AFAIK, only DKs and mages (for Fire artifact) do.
    In the case of mages, he allows you to enter Ice Crown and get the artifact, but won't do anything to protect you from the undead roaming inside. He also says that, should you fail, you will be his.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon ANX View Post
    If i'm not mistaking, my Warlock friend said that the Council of the Black Harvest is trying to revive Kel'Thuzad
    There's nothing in the quests about it from having played through the campaign and the mount questline.

Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post
    Thing is he flat out lies to them to get what he wants them to do that aint power thats just utter stupidity on the Deathknights part!
    The DKs have no knowledge of the Artifacts, nor they would be able to raise the Horsemen or the new undead dragon gal without the Lich King's powers.
    Also, the LK blackmailed the Ebon Blade: either they acted as his hands in the Broken Isles to stop the demons, or he would unleash the Scourge there to fight the Legion, and the Ebon Blade thought that it's better to watch this Lich King closely than to let he do things his way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    There's nothing in the quests about it from having played through the campaign and the mount questline.
    sorry, i probably remembering it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Sorry? Nothing else happened since BC.....Alli vs Horde vs Illidan vs Burning Legion...then Wrath: Alli vs Horde vs LK then A vs H vs DW then A vs H vs Sha etc, etc....
    It`s always multiple fronts and actually I always wondered..where the hell the manpower coming from....Constant war since decades (it is started way before WoW) against multiple enemies....
    There were very few ocasion in which we fought two major powers at once.

In TBC, there was no big war happening. The Aldor and Scriers fought Kael'thas and the Illidari, the Cenarion Circle fought the Coilskar nagas, there were pockets of demons, Alliance and Horde were holding the Dark Portal and fighting the fel orcs. Then everyone got together to stop the Sunwell incursion.

In WotLK: Alliance, Horde and Argent Crusade fought the Lich King, Kirin Tor and the dragons fought Malygos and the Blue Dragonflight. Kirin Tor and Explorer's League dealt with Ulduar after Malygos was already dead. Alliance and Horde had a few skirmishes, but no full-blown war, and those skirmishes were enough to help the Lich King.

In Cataclysm, the only reason the Twilight Hammer was so much trouble was because there was a full-blown war between Alliance and Horde, and that's why fighting several wars at once is foolish.

In MoP, the only big war was Alliance vs. Horde. We dealt with the Mogu and Mantid before the full fleets of Alliance and Horde arrived. The Sha were not a unified force. At the Shado-pans' request, the Alliance (Kirin Tor + Silver Covenant) and Horde (Sunreavers and Silvermoon forces) made a small truce before invading the Thunder King's palace. Then, it the Alliance made a deal with the Darkspear Revolution, and both factions acted together to end Garrosh.

In WoD, it was us agains the world. Alliance and Horde were cooperating expect for a few skirmishes in Ashran.

In Legion, it's the entire world against the Legion. Even if people were aware that the Lich King still exists and is active, he's helping against the Legion. Why fight the Scourge and the Legion at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    The DKs have no knowledge of the Artifacts, nor they would be able to raise the Horsemen or the new undead dragon gal without the Lich King's powers.
    Also, the LK blackmailed the Ebon Blade: either they acted as his hands in the Broken Isles to stop the demons, or he would unleash the Scourge there to fight the Legion, and the Ebon Blade thought that it's better to watch this Lich King closely than to let he do things his way.
    Lich king doesnt give you any powers you do it all yourself by that magical sword or swords you have! He just tells you what you need to do and you go 'OK'!

Lich king doesnt give you any powers you do it all yourself by that magical sword or swords you have! He just tells you what you need to do and you go 'OK'!
    Pay more attention to quest text, man. The Lich King is loaning you his powers, that's how you are able to raise the Horsemen, which are more powerful than the standard death knight.

Darion: "The voice of the Lich King has spoken, Deathlord, and the Knights of the Ebon Blade will obey your command. The Four Horsemen were no ordinary death knights, they were born of pure, unholy power gifted from the Lich King to Kel'thuzad. This unholy power to raise the dead has now been passed to you, Deathlord. I am sure you will wield it with great conviction. The Four Horsemen will be powerful allies against the Burning Legion... and Nazgrim is a worthy choice as the firstborn."

Pay more attention to quest text, man. The Lich King is loaning you his powers, that's how you are able to raise the Horsemen, which are more powerful than the standard death knight.

Darion: "The voice of the Lich King has spoken, Deathlord, and the Knights of the Ebon Blade will obey your command. The Four Horsemen were no ordinary death knights, they were born of pure, unholy power gifted from the Lich King to Kel'thuzad. This unholy power to raise the dead has now been passed to you, Deathlord. I am sure you will wield it with great conviction. The Four Horsemen will be powerful allies against the Burning Legion... and Nazgrim is a worthy choice as the firstborn."
    Read the text yourself nowhere does it say the Lich King is loaning you his powers after all you have his fucking sword! Maybe its that sword that helps you do all that?

Read the text yourself nowhere does it say the Lich King is loaning you his powers after all you have his fucking sword! Maybe its that sword that helps you do all that?
    1- You don't have his "fucking sword". If you are talking about Frostmourne, you don't have Frostmourne.
    2- It was not Frostmourne that gave the Lich King powers to raise/control undead, it was the Helm of Domination, which Bolvar is the one wearing.
    3- The quest text is quite clear that the power comes from the Lich King and has been passed to you. If you can't read that, that's your problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    Can Paladins quickly explain how they interact or of the new LK? That would be super nice ^^

I did the DK campaign and honestly it was amazing. Way better than the Rogue
    They don't. They don't even get told they came by, which I think is really weird.

1- You don't have his "fucking sword". If you are talking about Frostmourne, you don't have Frostmourne.
    2- It was not Frostmourne that gave the Lich King powers to raise/control undead, it was the Helm of Domination, which Bolvar is the one wearing.
    3- The quest text is quite clear that the power comes from the Lich King and has been passed to you. If you can't read that, that's your problem.
    So what exactly was i doing raising those swords in the air while doing all that raising stuff?

There is a difference between controlling the undead and raising the undead!

Of course it came from the fucking Lich King who else did i take it from?

and please put away all that condescension!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    They don't. They don't even get told they came by, which I think is really weird.
    I think the actions of the Dk campaign occur later, chronologically, than the events in the Pally campaign.

So what exactly was i doing raising those swords in the air while doing all that raising stuff?
    Because you are still casting a spell. But the force that powers it is the Lich King, not you. You are just the conduit.

There is a difference between controlling the undead and raising the undead!
    /facepalm
    Frostmourne stole souls. Souls are used to power dark magic. That was Frostmourne's purpose: slay the living and capture souls.
    The Helm of Domination is what gives the Lich King his incredible necromantic powers.
    That's why you become the Lich King by putting the helm. That's how Arthas became the Lich King. That's how Ner'zhul was the Lich King.
    Frostmourne is not the origin of his powers. That's not debatable.

Of course it came from the fucking Lich King who else did i take it from?
    /facepalm

and please put away all that condescension!
    Stop being so stuborn and I will put away the condescension.
    At least research your point, or link sources to support your claims.

We raise the Horsemen because the Lich King's power, not our own. It's in the very quest text that you are denying.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do the quests in Blood or Unholy spec and you raise that weapon instead. Its just the DK's channeling animation. It is not a Frostmourne thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    All this greater good bullshit doesn't mean we should ignore another potentially powerful evil staring right in our backside. Bolvar is getting very comfortable with his necromantic powers and shaping up to be worse than Sylvanas. So far he's sent his personal death knight minion to raid the hallowed ground of Light's Hope, and to torture and annihilate yellow and red dragons, who still hold great status as guardians of history and protectors of life. Why is nobody batting an eye at this? The way this is going very soon we'll have to make another trip to Northrend.
    I kinda like it. In Legion i really feel what i am Death Knight not random killing machine who offers mercenary service for Alliance/Horde. Besides i disagree what we worse than Sylvanas and Forsaken.

Attack on Light Hope Chapel were for two things IMHO:

1 - Re resurrect Darion with Bolvar magic. Darion is ideological leader of Ebon Blade. His moral is what holds rest of Death Knights from rampage.

2 - Make Ebon Blade even more pariah that they were before. I think Bolvar wants them to understand - they can only count on each others.