Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    And cue the men believing that they've got some deeper understanding for what can happen in a woman's body and mind during and after a pregnancy.
    Is it something that should be excused? Of course not. Is it entirely possible to be pregnant and not notice? Absolutely. Is child birth psychosis a thing? Yes. I can't imagine that a mentally stable woman would've reacted the way she did, since other women having given birth "out of the blue", didn't react the same way. Is it possible that she's just a selfish, horrible person? Yeah, but it seems like a bigger stretch than mental illness considering even psychopaths often know what they can and can't get away with in the eyes of society.

http://www.oddee.com/item_98904.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    Why is mental instability the only thing that could have caused her to do this? Why isn't it possible that she's just an evil shit? Evil shits are everywhere. Just look at our president for example.
    Like I said, someone who would premeditate or plan to do something like this wouldn't be doing it in the middle of work and wouldn't have clearly been having a mental breakdown of some form over it. She was holding the child when the police arrived, after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    How can you not know you're pregnant. Worst excuse ever.
    It's actually a real thing, My mam was a midwife and had a patient through once who went into labour without knowing she was pregnant. The patient was a nurse as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    Just to clarify. You are trying to justify her actions of giving birth in the bathroom stall, drowning the baby and trying to flush it down the toilet?
    It's not that the mother was right, but rather that a lot of control is gone from the mother the second that baby starts taking things from them. "Baby brain" and postpartum are proven things so we really don't know what was going on in her head right there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...utors-say.html

How utterly despicable!
    What kind of person does this?

Sick of these people claiming how "they didn't know" they were preggers as well. How can you not know? Never had a biology class? Unbelievable!

Severe brain damage likely....who knows what life awaits this poor baby.
    I'm sorry didn't Canada just release the man who BEHEADED another bus passenger recently? His excuse? It's ok guise I'm on my pills now this won't happen again! So how about you clean that up before worrying about the temporary insanity of this woman and trying to crucify her.

How utterly despicable!

Sick of these people claiming how "they didn't know" they were preggers as well. How can you not know? Never had a biology class? Unbelievable!

Have you never had a biology class?

This does happen quite frequently actually... it is rare but not so rare it is unheard of.

How utterly despicable!

If you've seen enough obese pregnant people you begin to realize that some people don't even need to hide it.

This is why abortions and birth control should be free and easy for anyone to get anywhere. A child is better off not being born to a parent like this who even if she had good intentions is working at McDonalds.

This is why free abortion on demand is essential.

I feel really bad for her. I hope she gets the help she needs.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    It's allowed because it's endus.
    All dissent must be rooted out!
    Beatings will continue until morale improves
    /s

OT: Sad she didn't know any better all around Unwittingly pregnant is more common than you'd think. Not all pregnancies are the same and some preventative measures means there's no period missing as an obvious indicator.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    People not knowing they're pregnant happens all the time Tennisace, and no, they're not always obese. Here's just one example I remember seeing not long ago:

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-9699723

This girl, 18 at the time, who clearly isn't in any way "obese" (you can find her Instagram if you need to), had a surprise baby. But yeah, I'm sure a "biology class" would've definitely been the solution. Mansplaining, perhaps?
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2017-09-14 at 01:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    It's not that the mother was right, but rather that a lot of control is gone from the mother the second that baby starts taking things from them. "Baby brain" and postpartum are proven things so we really don't know what was going on in her head right there.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry didn't Canada just release the man who BEHEADED another bus passenger recently? His excuse? It's ok guise I'm on my pills now this won't happen again! So how about you clean that up before worrying about the temporary insanity of this woman and trying to crucify her.
    Um a mom just tried to murder her newborn and you're trying to push an anti Canada agenda? Not cool. Focus on the topic at hand. This is absolutely a disturbing incident.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess she wasn't loving it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I guess she wasn't loving it.
    Thank you. Chuckled out loud.

Murder charges for a woman who just've given birth is a barbarity. In Europe, such things cannot happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Thank you. Chuckled out loud.
    I'm riding the one way train to hell in style.
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Murder charges for a woman who just've given birth is a barbarity. In Europe, such things cannot happen.
    Ya, I don't see how this qualifies as murder, really. Attempted manslaughter maybe.

But a baby is no man yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    There needs to be accountability and consequences for this kind of stuff. At the very least, full sterilization so she can never become pregnant again.
    I totally agree. This is a real slippery slope but I'm fully in favour for mandatory sterilization for a whole bunch of serious crimes. Some people do things that make you think "This person should never be allowed to have another child. They shouldn't be allowed to inflict themselves on a child, and they shouldn't be able to inflict a child raised by them on the world."
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Perfect example of why some crimes do actually require capital punishment.

Man, a lot of y'all get super angry and irrationally violent over this. Sterilization? Hammers to the head? Execution? Wut?

She is obviously in crisis. She needs empathy and help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    For once, I agree with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Save me a seat in hell, will ya?
    Plenty of room down here and the AC is cold as.....can't find the right word to go there for some reason.