... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    >Racists do racist shit
    >Must be lefties!!

lolMMO-C
    too low iq to understand
    must be lefties

Americans fear the Unknown, they have boundaries & anybody who looks different (as in from another country), is treated suspiciously.

Also, if a Asian or Black person lives in the same neighborhood as a white American & has a better House or Car.
    Then jealously can ensue with snide remarks and worse. White snobbery.
    Ignoring the successful Black or Asian person in the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Racism is an aspect of tribalism. We want to support our own group, even if our group isn't very good. It is just easier to want to be around people that are like us.

Ultimately, that is what it is about. Most people want the lazy way out. Being racist is easy when you are surrounded by people of the same color. Being sexist is easy when you are surrounded by sexist comments. Being racist is hard when you live in a diverse area because you know it doesn't work. Being sexist is hard when you work with both sexes and see the reality that most sexist tropes don't stand up to scrutiny.

It takes work to consider being put in other people's shoes. As a white male, I have only ever been harassed once unfairly by a police officer in my lifetime because I was riding a motorcycle (therefore, the cop assumed I was a trouble-maker). An idiot would conclude, "See it happens to white people too"; a smart person concludes, "That sucked, and if that happened to me weekly or daily, I'd be pissed too".

Racism is easy. Understanding and learning is hard. Americans are largely lazy.
    And Europe has none? Last time I checked their were still English democrats and afd in Germany. Sweden still has Swedish democrats. So idk if Americans are any lazier then Europe if they still carry those kinds of people.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I heard these words together "American Race", so if you follow from there then American Exceptionalism is Racism against all non-Americans.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

"Racism" as concept for sure is not american.
    But what developped from racism and most things that are called "racism" in the US today have nothing to do with the original meaning of the word where the alleged racism is rather a corelation than the causality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    And Europe has none? Last time I checked their were still English democrats and afd in Germany. Sweden still has Swedish democrats. So idk if Americans are any lazier then Europe if they still carry those kinds of people.
    And Swedish Democrats at times being the largest party in polls and pretty much doubling its support each election, its not going to change anytime soon.

References: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinio...election,_2018

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I have a feeling you don't know what racism means(which is funny because you go on to tell us that it's overused and misused).

I have never held a racist thought. I have never stereotyped someone based on their race. So, yeah, I'm not even close to a racist. I am biased, everyone has their biases, but it never has anything to do with race or gender.
    I suppose you havent' seen where a school system in Oregon called Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches racist... tell me that isn't over or misused? Hmm?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4597924.html

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/05/13/doll.study/index.html

Enjoy the read.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

If anything, racism is human, not limited to a specific country. People are wary of things they don't know. And foreigners are really strange sometimes.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I suppose you havent' seen where a school system in Oregon called Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches racist... tell me that isn't over or misused? Hmm?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4597924.html

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/05/13/doll.study/index.html

Enjoy the read.
    Um, yeah, I wasn't saying that you were wrong about it being overused and/or misused. I was hinting at the fact that you might not know what it means if you think everyone has racist thoughts. I think you confuse tribalism with racism honestly.
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Why is it always middle class leftie white people that pull these stupid stunts?

Keep politics out of sport, in fact get it or if everyone's daily life.
    Keep politics out of everyone's daily life? That's impossible. Your daily life is based on politics.

Btw, why do people think that this message is "Racism originated in the US and exists only in the US"?
    They're saying that racism is common, and is part of the US history. A reminder of the darker sides in "the greatest country in the world", which I bet a majority of baseball fans would characterize the US.
    Last edited by tankbug; 2017-09-14 at 11:56 AM.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, yeah, I wasn't saying that you were wrong about it being overused and/or misused. I was hinting at the fact that you might not know what it means if you think everyone has racist thoughts. I think you confuse tribalism with racism honestly.
    So you are saying those studies are wrong? Please present your evidence for that.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

So you are saying those studies are wrong? Please present your evidence for that.
    Bias isn't the same as racist. It's tribalism. Everyone who sees themselves as part of an in-group will view the out-group differently(mostly negatively).

10+ Year Old Account
    Bias isn't the same as racist. It's tribalism. Everyone who sees themselves as part of an in-group will view the out-group differently(mostly negatively).
    Perhaps you should spend the time to actually examine the word, and then examine your own actions. If you are honest with yourself, you'll find those little things that show your racism to you.

Yes, Racism exists, it exists in each and every person's heart. Anyone that tells you they aren't at least a little racist and biased is a liar. Everyone has biases, the question becomes how do we deal with our own biases against others?

The word itself is becoming so overused and misused that people hear it now and go, 'it was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches last time, what is it going to be this time?' We are fast approaching the point where everything will be labelled as 'racist', and then the race peddlers will have nothing else to label as 'racist'
    Love ignorant people.

Hate IS what exists in each and every person's hear. Like the hate I have for racists people making false argument to justify their hate for non-white.

Enjoy your privilege.

PS: And Yes American Racism is as lame as baseball.

Deleted
    wow being biased towards a skin colour is tribalism , tryhard more please its funny

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    PS: And Yes American Racism is as lame as baseball.
    Hahaha spot on.

Perhaps you should spend the time to actually examine the word, and then examine your own actions. If you are honest with yourself, you'll find those little things that show your racism to you.
    Just because you're a racist doesn't mean I'm a racist(You admitted to being a racist). I don't have racist thoughts, nor am I biased against any race. Never have and never will.

Quote Originally Posted by vain View Post
    wow being biased towards a skin colour is tribalism , tryhard more please its funny
    Biases aren't inherently bad. You can have a positive bias. Tribalism is far more accurate description of what we see day to day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because you're a racist doesn't mean I'm a racist(You admitted to being a racist). I don't have racist thoughts, nor am I biased against any race. Never have and never will.

Biases aren't inherently bad. You can have a positive bias. Tribalism is far more accurate description of what we see day to day.
    Keep lying to yourself... its okay, most people lie to themselves when faced with the dark truths about who they are.

Deleted

yes white supremacist are biased too in a good way , maybe the only clue you have about races and racism is american history x or something ?

In europe the bigger problem is the hatred between nations (countries), or even a mutual hatred between certain parts within a country (usually north vs south).

Europe has been in contact with all the races in the world for a long long time and many of them have lived with us for centuries (first black man to finish university in UK was in the 1800s {19th century}).

Racism, like many other "-ism"s and phobias, is just a hidden fear from something you don't know/understand or have been hurt by - and hatred spawns from fear.

However americans really took it a few steps further and made racism into a lifestyle, an obsessive way of thinking and living that is very much alive even to this day (but less common than before).
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2017-09-14 at 12:48 PM.