Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Can always tell the casual when they say shit like "anyone can clear lfr" and "epics drop like crazy."
    By the way, "mutch" is not the proper spelling.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play both When I get tired of retail wow, I play vanilla wow, and the other way around. Therefore i have no need to complain. Life is good=)

Is... is this another post hating that gear is purple and not blue? Of all things?
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Can always tell the casual when they say shit like "anyone can clear lfr" and "epics drop like crazy."
    By the way, "mutch" is not the proper spelling.
    Epic dose drop like crazy :P i got like 200 crystal on a few chars, just from DEing the random epics. Even if you look at your map right now, you will se 5+ Epics from WQs :P

And everyone can clear LFR :P iF you cant do this, you dont even know how to AFK :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Is... is this another post hating that gear is purple and not blue? Of all things?
    Yes. Same old whining by the same people, ad infinitum. That's wow boards :-)

Question: What do you think LFR players did before LFR?

Did they work at raiding and set aside time every week to work through content and better themselves?

Or did they just do mining or herbing for a few hours a week in Un'Goro Crater, and selling what they made on the AH? Maybe, if they were lucky, they got to work on their Tier 0 set. Maybe even upgraded a few items to tier 0.5.

I suspect it's the latter. Those players just did not see raid content. At all. All I saw in vanilla was the first two bosses of Molten Core. Then all the trash respawned and the "raid" fell apart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Question: What do you think LFR players did before LFR?

Did they work at raiding and set aside time every week to work through content and better themselves?

Or did they just do mining or herbing for a few hours a week in Un'Goro Crater, and selling what they made on the AH? Maybe, if they were lucky, they got to work on their Tier 0 set. Maybe even upgraded a few items to tier 0.5.

I suspect it's the latter. Those players just did not see raid content. At all. All I saw in vanilla was the first two bosses of Molten Core. Then all the trash respawned and the "raid" fell apart.
    But back then didten you have something to look forward to? meaning you had a goal.

IRL most people really want to be rich, so that kinda the goal for them, dose this mean that they will be rich? NO! , but they have a goal to motivate them.

They made 5-mans and lfr obsolete in WoD and boy did it turn out right... not.

WoD is what happens when blizz listens to top players, who also are the minority - Get a guild and raid, or gtfo.

Now they learned their lesson, dungeons and lfr drops nice shiny epics, lots of nonraid stuff to do, casuals like me are happy. Even happier knowing that some autismo gets assmad every time a filthy casual like me gets a 950 epic from opening a bunch of chests or tagging a """""rare""""" npc.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathleecher View Post
    Epic dose drop like crazy :P i got like 200 crystal on a few chars, just from DEing the random epics. Even if you look at your map right now, you will se 5+ Epics from WQs :P

And everyone can clear LFR :P iF you cant do this, you dont even know how to AFK :P
    Ya no shit, and that gear is 100 item levels lower than what my dk is wearing. As I said, easy to spot the casual. Real players don't making retarded statements like this.

:P

- - - Updated - - -

But back then didten you have something to look forward to? meaning you had a goal.

IRL most people really want to be rich, so that kinda the goal for them, dose this mean that they will be rich? NO! , but they have a goal to motivate them.
    Btw not having a goal in legion means you are just a casual. I spend 10+ hours a week chasing via trinkets and relics. The goal is too big in legion if anything because of titanforging. Now that the crucible is out I will spend even more time getting AP. Not having a goal just means you don't understand the game, made obvious by your comments about epics from world quests.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Ya no shit, and that gear is 100 item levels lower than what my dk is wearing. As I said, easy to spot the casual. Real players don't making retarded statements like this.

:P

- - - Updated - - -

Btw not having a goal in legion means you are just a casual. I spend 10+ hours a week chasing via trinkets and relics. The goal is too big in legion if anything because of titanforging. Now that the crucible is out I will spend even more time getting AP. Not having a goal just means you don't understand the game, made obvious by your comments about epics from world quests.
    SO you really think a good goal is to get AP tokens and farm shard for RNG trinkets ? LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    SO you really think a good goal is to get AP tokens and farm shard for RNG trinkets ? LOL
    Sounds like a better goal than pining for the game you played 13 years ago, one actually has a reward, yours doesn't.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    And why wouldn't that be a goal? The goal is to obtain better gear and more power by doing in game activities, you know, just like in every previous expansion?

Karazhan was as easy as LFR is now. We were just horrible noobs and this was a brand new experience, so we liked it.

Hi Everyone

So to start this thread out, i would like to tell you my start in the world of warcraft.

Iam one of the players who have been here from the start, meaning i have played all the RTS games, even played war3 TFT on a high level. So when i heard about WOW, i was super hyped!. I allready loved the lore from the RTS.

So i got a beta key from blizzard, i tried it out and i was in love!. I stoped playing the rts game all together, leveled my first toon to 60 (Rogue Dwarf). Would like to say, back in the day we only had green gear, some blue gear from dungeons. There was the lucky ones who got the EPIC BOEs!!!!. Anyway way, back in the day people looked up to the people who got epic gear, epic mount and so on. So when i was leveling my rogue, my goal was to be as epic as the ppl with epic gear was. The goal was the thing that made me keep going on with wow. When i hit level 60, my first though was to farm 5mans to get full blue gear!, when i had full blue gear and some fire res gear, i was rdy to enter MC (when the raid was out). I managed to clear most raids in vanilla. Iknow that it wasn't a big % who got to clear all content in vanilla, even in TBC or warth.

But here is the thing, the GOAL keeps players going on, even if they dont get to the main goal. Lets take a great example: In TBC there was attuments, meaning you had to do every raid to get to BT. Iknow alot of people who only got to Karazan and not a step future. BUT they loved it, they knew that there was something keep working for.!

And another thing, back in the day, i was on thottbot or wowhead EVERY day when i was in school, to look up the awesome epic items i really wanted. This is a thing i dont do anymore, i think its

If we fast forward to today. Everyone can clear everything in LFR. Epics drops like crazy, now we got easy leggos aswell. Meaning the epic feeling is kinda gone?
    I think wow have lost the "goal factor".

Now to my question: Do you guys/girls agree with me on this, that wow dont have as mutch to look forward to as it had in the old days?

The biggest thing i would love blizzard to change was to make it so all 5mans give blue gear only. LFR give blue gear MAX. Would love to have attument back as well, but thats kinda of a dream only ;D

What do you all think ? Iam super wrong in this or do you think the same thing ?

Thanks! Have a really nice day all of you!
    Virtually every sentence is incorrect. For starters, you didn't have to do every raid to get to BC. Most guilds were almost at Illidan before they got Lady Vashj for example. BC is also the xpack that introduced "welfare epics". The 5 man blues in vanilla were more powerful than most 5 man epics today. Noone was happy harping about in Kara at the end of BC. The reason you are not at Wowhead is that you have addons that automates boring shit it for you.

If you want remember attunements fondly you either never did them in the first place or you have amnesia. They were not fun and they were not challenging, they were tedious. Opening cells in BRD or pointlessly speed clearing UBRS to touch an orb at the end because....well just because. They were however often only a tenth as tedious as trying to get a group together to do them.

Lastly, rogue you say. I take it you were fine with parking your rogue between raids as the only way you could get into a raid was to use a spec that was totally unplayable outside them. Combat daggers made it painful to solo anything and impossible to pvp. It was also hard to pug any content as "do you have 3/3 improved sap?" was not a question you could answer with a yes. Respeccing was a fortune after you had done it a few times, 200 I think was max but not sure, and became an impossibility.

Nostalgia is almost always wrong.

Its just a colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    Uh, just play a different game then? There are lots out there.
    I would if there was even one.

Sadly, they are all the same now. Even the older games have been reworked to resemble this new modern standard.

Iknow the goal is mythic raiding, but its not a cool as it was in the old days. When you saw a guy with FULL nightslayer or bloodfang, you would stop up and look at this dude and say "wow dude your tooo cool" . This dont happen anymore. And the casuals dont really care ,because they can get the same gear from LFR just in another color. Yeah the mythic raider get BETTER gear and COOL achievements, but that is not nearly as cool as cool gear and showing it off.
    The reason why we don't stop and look at people now is not because of LFR. It's because the game is 13 years old and we've seen it all. It's not special anymore to "kill bosses in a raid" like it was back then. Not because of the state of the game, but our perception of it.

Go play any other MMO, it's the same thing, we're just done with being impressed by digital accomplishments. Youtube is full of "sick plays highlights" and streams of world first kills and shit. We are literally numbed by the flood of gameplay that used to be something that felt out of our reach when we started playing. The game didn't change as much as we did as players, nothing we can do about it, just natural evolution, move on and get with the program.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mostly agree with ya OP, but I would like revised attunements instead of the old garbage that just time consuming instead of fun.

The game isn't about the WORLD anymore instead the focus is on raiding. The entire game gets balanced and changed around raiding. Classes get "streamlined" for raiding, fun gets removed for raiding(both classes and professions; engi) the lore gets tied up way too much in raids and people who just don't have that much time anymore have to make due with less.

But hey, looking back is fun and all but that doesn't get us anywhere - we can't get back anymore.

I'm not sure how I'd "fix" the game either.

WoW died with Arthas, just let it go.

Anyway way, back in the day people looked up to the people who got epic gear
    Yeah, did not happen, not like you claim it did. Maybe what we called "loot whores" would stare at people posing on the Ironforge bridge in their shiny new epics, and some other people might look out of curiousity, but it was a small, small, small group of players. Most players were doing things, didn't care about raiding, and didn't care that you cared.

In fact, I have to doubt you played back then, anyway. I've found that the people who cling to this "people looked up to people with shiny loots" are people who weren't there, but the idea is attractive to them, because they're narcissists.

And, the game was at it's most epic in Wrath, not vanilla. Sorry.

So let's chalk up Useless Vanilla Thread #12,304,234,112, and call it a day.

- - - Updated - - -

I managed to clear most raids in vanilla. Iknow that it wasn't a big % who got to clear all content in vanilla, even in TBC or warth.
    You cleared Naxx. On a rogue.

Yeah, gonna need some proof on that. I flat out don't believe you. Considering how much you got wrong in your post, and other clues, I suspect you were in diapers when Naxx was released.