Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PC Principal View Post
    Because Facebook Friends may know you.
    And because Facebook friends may be your ex-Managers who who will give you a Glowing reference :

Are you careful in what you say on Facebook.?

Have you said anything stupid on Facebook & regretted it.?

Does saying something stupid on Facebook make you more insecure in your career ?
    Don't make your FB public, don't friend co-workers, problem solved!

I mostly use facebook to keep in touch with family, and I've added a few old coworkers as friends on it. I don't post much besides cute/funny things I find on the internet and songs I really like, so I guess do self-censor by default.

Deleted
    I'm not on Facebook. Not a fan of the whole social media stuff.

Deleted
    Of course. Need to sign a contract that I keep work related stuff off the net.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have been political, but the only ones who get crazy about it are liberal women. Have been blocked by 4 of them, often former friends.

Intolerant liberal women I guess.

Privacy locks and "friends only" settings tend to do wonders.
    [Insert Infraction Here]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Like all self-respecting adults, I don't use Facebook.
    I'm pressing Like on your post!
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

"Facebook Freinds, Are you extra careful in what you say." - yap!

Deleted
    It's a good way of getting in contact with girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    The things I say while online are the same I'd say in real life. There's nothing I've posted on Facebook that I'd be worried about a potential employer seeing. That's not because I'm intentionally being careful just in case that situation arises. I just never feel the need to be an asshole online, so I have no reason to worry.
    Came here to post exactly this. Don't think people are too different offline versus online.

Don't think I'm a saint but overall I'm a nice person. What you see is what you get.

I don't use Facebook, sorted.

haven't been on Facebook for like 8 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really post often, but when I do I tend to follow the same rules I'd use saying something in public. Facebook is the digital equivalent of standing on a street corner and screaming what you have to say out to the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the right answer

I know you're not supposed to, but I have 2 Facebook accounts, one is for game offers/contests/etc so my friends and family's feeds aren't spammed as well as I'm not getting spam, and the other is my "real" one, which I have solely because I have a few out of state relatives who only want to communicate with the rest of us through Facebook. Having said that, I haven't checked my family one in about a year, since my dad keeps me caught up in the family news, and when I did use it more frequently, my messages on it were no different than anything I'd say in face to face.

Almost since the days of dialup, I've kept anything with my real name attached to it online what an old boss used to call "company manners polite", because even then, employers were looking for your online dealings and trying to see if you could fuck up company relations/public image.

10+ Year Old Account
    I banned myself from social media 2 years ago (no Facebook, twitter), you wouldn't believe how free I feel, the proverbial shackles of social media cannot bind me any longer. whahaahahaha!! :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    It's a good way of getting in contact with girls.
    Getting in contact with girls? Facebook isn't a dating page, wtf.

Thanks to the 2016 Election cycle, I ended up removing 90% or more of the people I knew in real life due to constant political drama. Now I rarely say anything and when I do I'm free of backlash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Getting in contact with girls? Facebook isn't a dating page, wtf.
    I mean girls I meet in reallife and take their facebook info from. Facebook can actually be better than a girl's phone number, because it doesn't feel as private.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Right, nothing says self respect like wanting to be able to see how friends who have spread across the globe are doing from time to time right?I have friends from 2 different universities across the globe in different countries FB allows me to see what is going on with them at my own convience. I think you meant conceited, not self respecting.