Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Trump Strikes Deal, Faces Backlash then Reneges, on DACA

From the NYT:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/14/u...been-made.html

Interesting that this is causing more anger towards Trump than other issues for conservatives. Maybe waking up to find you've been had hurts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Trump ran on the "I hate Mexicans too" platform, so.... yeah.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    "Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!....."
    "They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security"

Tweets of his.

I guess at this point we should stop being surprised of how little he is connected to reality. Who did he think voted him into power, who did he think Bannon really was with his economic nationalism as a period of growth, aka slavery work force.

Another part of me simply finds this is Trump knowing very well who voted him in, knowing very well who recently abandoned him due to them becoming a group you cannot defend or stand by and now merely playing ignorant in hope to gain support elsewhere. Or do people really believe he suddenly changed out of the kindness of his heart?

So the more interesting question is this, how will the Republican party more especially the people who are there with alt-right support, tea party support and all those weird movements behind them going to deal with this.

We might be getting close to the breaking point for some of the rabid Trumpers on this forum. This can't sit well with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck there is a meltdown if you check twitter and #DacaDeal.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Ugh...thanks for reminding me why I avoid trending shit and general political discussions on Twitter. Looked at it for about 1 minute and now I have a headache, so much stupidity -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Yep, I keep seeing this sort of bullshit:

President Trump brought parents of children murdered by illegal alien "dreamers" on stage with him. #DACADeal will be a huge betrayal.
    Because we all know all illegals are violent murderous people and all legal residents are sweet and peaceful . . . Lets just accuse all of them for the crimes of the few, amirite?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

Because we all know all illegals are violent murderous people and all legal residents are sweet and peaceful . . . Lets just accuse all of them for the crimes of the few, amirite?
    Did that even happen?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Did that even happen?
    I believe those were just the parents of people who were killed by illegal immigrants. I'll have to double check, but I don't believe that Dreamers were involved in that publicity stunt in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Covered in the main DACA thread, but, Trump has been caught by his own proven words and actions.

Schumer and Pelosi could be blatantly lying about the meeting, but it doesn't matter. The GOP believes them, over Trump, and isn't that a telling moment in modern politics. Even parts of his rabid fanbase -- Hannity, Coulter, Breitbart -- immediately attacked Amnesty Don upon hearing the news. The fact that Trump is seen as denying it, is being seen as backtracking.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Covered in the main DACA thread, but, Trump has been caught by his own proven words and actions.

Schumer and Pelosi could be blatantly lying about the meeting, but it doesn't matter. The GOP believes them, over Trump, and isn't that a telling moment in modern politics. Even parts of his rabid fanbase -- Hannity, Coulter, Breitbart -- immediately attacked Amnesty Don upon hearing the news. The fact that Trump is seen as denying it, is being seen as backtracking.
    The fact that they're so quick to believe Schumer and Pelosi, who they've all repeatedly cast as dishonest and crooked, over Trump is hilarious. It shows both their complete lack of trust in Trump and the fact that they're not truly in this to support Trump, but for the outrage attention they get.

It's not really a first for any of them, either. Hannity and Coulter have repeatedly flipped on Trump and "dumped" him more or less when he does something they don't like, only to run back into his arms as they realize that without him they lost a lot of the attention they crave and require.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I believe those were just the parents of people who were killed by illegal immigrants. I'll have to double check, but I don't believe that Dreamers were involved in that publicity stunt in any way.
    No, but it's not like these tweettards can tell the difference.
    Putin khuliyo

The fact that they're so quick to believe Schumer and Pelosi, who they've all repeatedly cast as dishonest and crooked, over Trump is hilarious. It shows both their complete lack of trust in Trump and the fact that they're not truly in this to support Trump, but for the outrage attention they get.

It's not really a first for any of them, either. Hannity and Coulter have repeatedly flipped on Trump and "dumped" him more or less when he does something they don't like, only to run back into his arms as they realize that without him they lost a lot of the attention they crave and require.
    They're professional trolls, they get their paycheck for angering people. Like really, that happens
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    It shows both their complete lack of trust in Trump
    Or, if not lack of trust, that Trump got rolled. Because that's what Breitbart is now saying. Not that he's untrustworthy -- not in this article at least -- but that he's incompetent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    Wait.. you mean she's been stable these past years and is only now having a meltdown?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Just ignore her, this is her 3rd or 4th Trump meltdown (at the very least) since 2016. There will be more.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

With one of the stupidest comments I will make about two politicians is that I don't think Schumer and Pelosi would blatantly lie about this. I mean to get called out for this would be horrible for them.

I still go with that Trump is senile and once you get him in a room and tell him how great he is he will want to make a deal and yes, probably have no idea what deal he is making. Then his staff comes in and says the opposite and Trump is right back to the "Wall, Wall, Wall, grrrr illegals".

I watched Morning Joe today and Joe Scarborough was putting it on heavy for Trump. So maybe Trump will like that MSNBC and CNN give him some love. We forgot he is a 71 year old child so he loves shallow praise.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2017-09-14 at 06:00 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    You get what you voted for.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Just ignore her, this is her 3rd or 4th Trump meltdown (at the very least) since 2016.
    Dude, there were 3-4 in the last 24 hours. "What’s the only difference between @realDonald Trump & Carrot Top? Carrot Top might actually build the wall." Personal favorite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    With one of the stupidest comments I will make about two politicians is that I don't think Schumer and Pelosi would blatantly lie about this.
    I also find that unlikely. I am merely acknowledging it is possible. They could blatantly lie, and more people would believe them over Trump's word.

As @Edge- said, that's the funny part.