Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    So anyone still waiving Confederate flags should be fired?
    As waving a flag of the Confederacy does not make one a traitor, the answer to your question is a straight-forward "no".
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

People saying Manning was a traitor for exposing collateral murder make me lose faith in humanity.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-09-14 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    People saying Manning was a traitor for exposing collateral murder make me lose faith in humanity.
    Would you lose faith in people calling female dogs a bitch more often? I mean you can support what she did for the reasons but if she took an oath then betray that what would you call her?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    As waving a flag of the Confederacy does not make one a traitor, the answer to your question is a straight-forward "no".
    Oh good, does that mean I can waive the ISIL flag without repercussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Would you lose faith in people calling female dogs a bitch more often? I mean you can support what she did for the reasons but if she took an oath then betray that what would you call her?
    UCMJ 92 (Failure to obey a regulation) - Mostly related to computers

What do you call that? Insubordination?

Article 134 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice - forbids 'unauthorized persons' from taking 'national defense' information and either 'retaining' it or delivering it to 'persons not entitled to receive it'

The US military and the CIA conveniently catalogued fucking war crimes (yes, intentionally killing and torturing civilians is a war crime as per Geneva Conventions) as 'national defense sensitive information' to cover it up. lmao

Note that Manning was acquitted from the 'aiding the enemy' charge.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-09-14 at 10:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    UCMJ 92 (Failure to obey a regulation) - Mostly related to computers

What do you call that? Insubordination?

Article 134 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice - forbids 'unauthorized persons' from taking 'national defense' information and either 'retaining' it or delivering it to 'persons not entitled to receive it'

The US military and the CIA conveniently catalogued fucking war crimes (yes, intentionally killing and torturing civilians is a war crime as per Geneva Conventions) as 'national defense sensitive information' to cover it up. lmao

Note that Manning was acquitted from the 'aiding the enemy' charge.
    Again, I can agree with the reasons why she did it, if that is her reasoning, I am not and can't say what she did was anything other than what it was, I am not condeming her, but loyalty and oaths come at a price.

Otherwise what is to prevent anybody from releasing sensitive information they think people ought to know. That wasn't her call to make, and in doing so, she betrayed what she was sworn to do.

That sucks but that is the way it is, I think she she did and Snowden did should never be rewarded or even considered for such pardons without serious and deep investigations and consideration.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    "Dealing with illegals". Is that what you call violating the constitutional rights of American Citizens?
    By American citizens you mean being in the country at the time right? But either way, nice pivot by comparing someone who leaking classified information to foreign powers...to a guy who was zealous in keeping out illegals, yeah he really put Americans in harms way.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Post 77 summarized : ''Law only count for pure Aryan people ! Everyone that say otherwise is a LIBURAL !
    Translation: "Your a Nazi because you disagreed with me Penguin."

/resists urge to say more.

The Soviet Union broke away from the U.S.?

Interesting historical revision.
    Well aren't you just clever, but I guess it's okay to forget history. I mean...things like the Cuban Missile crisis, Vietnam, Afghanistan only happened less than than a century ago, and it was the ideological boogeyman of the Western world for decades. Can't we all just forgive and forget?

exceptslaveryoppressionwhitepatriarchyofcourse.
    STRESS

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    By American citizens you mean being in the country at the time right? But either way, nice pivot by comparing someone who leaking classified information to foreign powers...to a guy who was zealous in keeping out illegals, yeah he really put Americans in harms way.
    I know it's completely impossible to understand for the usual suspects, but it's fracking illegal to harass American citizens that happen to be of Mexican origin. Of course, everyone know that ''illegal'' is a code word for ''Mexican'', like ((( ))) or ''globalist for ''Jews''.

If it's not the case, please say if you admit this sentence

''A Mexican with American citizenship is as American as me'' (without the mental restriction and dog whistles meant to strip them of their citizenship, like ''anchor babies'' or mumbling about ''demukrats voters'')

10+ Year Old Account
    Well aren't you just clever, but I guess it's okay to forget history. I mean...things like the Cuban Missile crisis, Vietnam, Afghanistan only happened less than than a century ago, and it was the ideological boogeyman of the Western world for decades. Can't we all just forgive and forget?

exceptslaveryoppressionwhitepatriarchyofcourse.
    I'm not sure why you added that bit at the end. Strangely enough, not liking traitors like the Confederates doesn't make you an SJW. Strange I know, but some of us are somewhat centrist, and thus don't operate constantly in hyperbole-mode like you.

Thanks for the compliment about me being clever though. Glad to see I'm finally getting some respect around here.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    Former CIA Acting Director Michael Morell on Thursday announced his resignation as a senior fellow at Harvard after the university named U.S. Army soldier-turned-convicted felon Chelsea Manning a visiting fellow.

Manning will take on the role at Harvard’s John F. Kennedy School of Government, the school said on its website.
    Now Playing

Chelsea Manning released from prison
    Close

“She speaks on the social, technological and economic ramifications of Artificial Intelligence,” the Harvard announcement said. “As a trans woman, she advocates for queer and transgender rights as @xychelsea on Twitter.”

Morell, a former CIA deputy director who twice served as acting director, announced his resignation from Harvard's Belfer Center was a result of Manning's appointment, saying he couldn't be part of an organization "that honors convicted felon and leaker of classified information."

"Senior leaders in our military have stated publicly that the leaks by Ms. Manning put the lives of U.S. soldiers at risk," Morell said. "I have an obligation in my conscience -- and I believe to the country -- to stand against any efforts to justify leaks of sensitive national security information."

Many people were flabbergasted the university gave Manning the title, calling it “unbelievable” that a person convicted of espionage could be considered a “fellow.”

“Of all the veterans who honorably served...Harvard hires Chelsea Manning who was convicted of espionage. Unbelievable,” retired gunnery sergeant Jessie Jane Duff wrote on Twitter.

“I'm loyal to Harvard, but I think I'll forego IOP events this fall. (I'd feel the same way if Chelsea Manning were still Bradley Manning.)” pundit Bill Kristol said. Manning replied: “Awesome ! can you ask @Seanspicer to do the same ? #WeGotThis.”

“#Bizarre; @Harvard names #ChelseaManning as #VisitingFellow on #LGBT.. He's more qualified to speak on #Treachery,” tweeted David Higgins, who identifies himself as having been in the U.S. Army.

“Seriously @Harvard?? Enabling a traitor to our country? You need to check your stupidity,” another user wrote on Twitter.

“How to become a Harvard Visiting Fellow: Leak 700,000 classified documents & get convicted of 6 espionage charges,” user J Michael Waller tweeted.

“And Harvard just named him a visiting fellow along with Chelsea Manning. Good examples for students on how to slime your way to the top,” another person wrote.

“Chelsea Manning Was Convicted of Leaking Classified Info — So Naturally, Harvard Sent Her a Job Offer,” a tweet read.

Manning, who was known as Bradley Manning before transitioning, was released from prison in May after serving seven years for leaking classified government materials to WikiLeaks. She was convicted in 2013 of espionage, theft and computer fraud, earning her a 35 year prison sentence -- until former President Barack Obama commuted the sentence.

CHELSEA MANNING FREED FROM KANSAS MILITARY PRISON

Manning's release from jail was widely criticized by members of Congress, who considered Manning's leaks of the nation's most sensitive secrets a danger to America's safety. House Speaker Paul Ryan called the move "just outrageous."

The convicted felon did not directly address the new job on her social media accounts, except in her response to Kristol. She will be joining former White House press secretary Sean Spicer and campaign manager Corey Lewandowski as fellows in the 2017-2018 school year.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/14...ng-fellow.html

I think this is a bad move for Harvard, why would they hire a convicted traitor? Who would want that political firestorm?!
    Being a traitor to the US army is hardly a bad thing with all the dirt and bloody under its nails. Someone has to say were it all came from.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I know it's completely impossible to understand for the usual suspects, but it's fracking illegal to harass American citizens that happen to be of Mexican origin. Of course, everyone know that ''illegal'' is a code word for ''Mexican'', like ((( ))) or ''globalist for ''Jews''.

If it's not the case, please say if you admit this sentence

''A Mexican with American citizenship is as American as me'' (without the mental restriction and dog whistles meant to strip them of their citizenship, like ''anchor babies'' or mumbling about ''demukrats voters'')
    First off I'm not American, second "illegal" where I live is code word for "Venezuelan" (sarcasm in case you don't get it) and I don't know about the globalist bit. But I DO know that Americans have this useful thing called the "green card". Now if you can show me how he was treating Mexican Americans (since you pointed it out) who presented said proof of citizenship I'll agree with you.

But regardless it still doesn't address the matter that you seem to think that his actions are comparable to someone who handed out government secrets and was a convicted traitor.
    STRESS

And how did he determine if someone was an American Citizen?

Pretty much like this:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Human. No sane person should hold an oath above justice, ever. Manning's whistle-blow exposed the US committing war crimes, and the only reason people are calling foul is because war profiteers ran an excellent smear campaign against her for hurting their bottom line by playing on the fears of a post-9/11 America, and now people are calling foul on that smear campaign because people who grew up without that fear are looking past the wild-eyed arm waving and looking at what actually went on.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Ok, so if I follow the drift, Benedict Arnold and Judas are no longer traitor, since ''time have passed''. Gotcha.

Therefore, it's ''stoopid'' to point out that the people hating Manning seems to lionize slaver traitors who did far worse than him.

Plus, third time is the charm, cross-dressers traitors too !

10+ Year Old Account
    Profiling based on race runs afoul of the right to due process.

edit: Also, WikiLeaks is hardly a 'foreign power.' It's a site of extremely-questionable bordering on nonexistent ethics that mass-publish classified information on the principle that governments should be transparent with their people (at least, at the time of the Manning leaks; of late it seems more interested in pushing a pro-Putin narrative).
    Last edited by Thage; 2017-09-15 at 12:53 AM.

I'm not sure why you added that bit at the end. Strangely enough, not liking traitors like the Confederates doesn't make you an SJW. Strange I know, but some of us are somewhat centrist, and thus don't operate constantly in hyperbole-mode like you.

Thanks for the compliment about me being clever though. Glad to see I'm finally getting some respect around here.
    It has to do with that, unlike a certain group that never experienced what they bitch about, America had moved after the Civil War. The continued presence of the flag might have disturbed some people but they tolerated it. Hell, Dukes of Hazards had the General Lee with said flag painted on it's roof and the show was popular. It is only fairly recently that people are acting as if it's presence inflicts physical pain like this woman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X1xOKMKX80,

or throws a hissy upon seeing the General Lee like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxvMXAksZ-4

It seems as if tolerance is a one way street since it's fine seeing the Soviet flag and burning the American flag, but it's not okay to have the Confederate flag hanging around anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    And how did he determine if someone was an American Citizen?

Pretty much like this:

While hilarious, that's not actual proof. Got any?
    STRESS

10+ Year Old Account
    Arpaio's conviction and acceptance of the pardon (which is legally an admission of guilt) should be enough to get you started.

Uh yes...Arpaio's conviction for not complying with a judicial order to stop racially profiling latinos.