Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    The only thing they need to change is make it so that the old legion zones no longer give AP and put all that AP on Argus instead.
    No what they need to do is give us real incentive to even visit the Broken Isles. Argus is entirely too crowded. It's just too small an area for that many people all the time, and that's why spawns are so fast, they're based on how active and how many people are in the zone at once. It's not really that cool when I'm doing a quest and mobs are constantly spawning well after I've killed the required mobs for the quest.

I'm pretty sure anyone that's played since launch is entirely over stupid overcrowded tiny areas with too much mob density.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-09-15 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    I agree, they only drop toys, mounts, weapon/new set TMogs, possible bag of goodies with argus ingredients, currency to buy 910 gear.. nothing at all
    jep, currency for lowgear and useless crap.

I DESPISE long respawn timers, so fuck that...

Quote Originally Posted by bigamie View Post
    This. Maximum, I will do one sweep of the map and kill any rare I come across. Sure, you could spend hours looking for treasure chest but you run the risk of burning yourself out on the game.
    Don't bother wasting your time sweeping, just get the Handynotes Argus extention and it'll mark out exactly what rares are up by scanning the groups associated with said rares... marking with a glowing green skull that is a guarantee of it being up, with a red being probable.

Though the efficiency of this addon will decrease when less people are bothered to do them in time... but for now it's awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    People need to stop with this whole "forced to do content" debate. No one is forcing you to do anything, you're choosing to do the content. Blizzard shouldn't have to hold players hands and put in gates to stop people from farming content. If you choose to farm rares and chests and claim it's forced, if you think it's Blizzard's fault and they are responsible to nerf it, you need to take a step back from the game and re-evaluate what's really the issue.
    Last edited by Xtrm; 2017-09-15 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magetower View Post
    they force us casual gamers to play alot and get addicted to farm them all since they spawn fast
    And this is the quintessential problem with millennials. Their feelings and behavior are the world's fault and everyone else's job to control it for them.

Drop this person in Wal Mart. Have someone walk around putting sales tags on merchandise. It's Wal Mart's fault he's in there buying those sale items. It never occurs to him he can just leave the store or..you know...not buy anything.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    It would be better if the rares had like a 5-10 minute spawn timer from last death/despawn and hit like ToS bosses.
    Maybe people would actually communicate/coordinate to kill them.
    But I would hate there to be a 'forced' feeling of social interaction or anything like that, not in WoW since it's an SPORPG (single player online role playing game).

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    OR

You could walk away
    Just walk away. Give me your pump, the oil, the gasoline, and the whole compound, and I'll spare your lives. Just walk away and we'll give you a safe passageway in the wastelands. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    OT
    Would you like to stay in the place 2-3h just to do ONE WQuest? I don't think so.
    The only time where I'm killing them it's when they're WQuest or they're standing in my way, I'm not even farming them - what's the point? 910ilvl gear? Yeah, it's nice, but not worth time, TOS HC and M+10 are dropping better and cost me less time.

It's not about nothing at all, he said worthless things for him, but they're also worthless for me, because:
    I don't care about mounts, they're ugly for me anyway. Got 2 of them, if I could sell/trade them I would do it immediately, wouldn't even think a second.
    Toys - same.
    Bags of goodies? Not worth my time, I could earn more gold in that time instead of farming them.
    910 gear? See post above.
    T-mogs? They're also ugly for me.

Just stating my point of view.
    So why do you play the game if none of those things appeal to you? Do you not care about rep either? They drop the 1000 rep item, although it's pretty rare. i'm just saying, why are you even playing the game if you have no interest in anything the game offers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    And this is the quintessential problem with millennials. Their feelings and behavior are the world's fault and everyone else's job to control it for them.

Drop this person in Wal Mart. Have someone walk around putting sales tags on merchandise. It's Wal Mart's fault he's in there buying those sale items. It never occurs to him he can just leave the store or..you know...not buy anything.
    It's not solely a millenial problem. The Internet has shown that people would rather have instant gratification, and when they're satisfied they paradoxically want more, but less because they don't have the time or money. It's just unrealistic to tailor anything towards everyone's pace.

Deleted
    Is this for real? I would love having rares to be there always, since you can only loot them once a day per character, and the interesting things don't have 100% drop rate.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post

NO ^this^ is the quintessential problem with millennials, they often pretend to be older/more experienced/knowledgeable than they actually are so they come off as pompous and condescending when they're really ignorant. OP is probably trolling but you're just like definitely weren't born before 1982.

Uhm... rares can only be looted once per day, so I don't think nerfing their respawn rate would achieve... whatever it is that you want to achieve with that random and not at all thought out "fix".

Either way, there's no logical reason to nerf the spawn rate of anything in Argus. Longer spawn rates would just make the "farming" process longer and more soul crushing. People would be equally "forced" to farm them, but they would spend more time just running around looking for chests (doing nothing at all).
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    NO ^this^ is the quintessential problem with millennials, they often pretend to be older/more experienced/knowledgeable than they actually are so they come off as pompous and condescending when they're really ignorant. OP is probably trolling but you're just like definitely weren't born before 1982.
    You're incorrect. I was born in 1976. Nice fail, though. A hit dog will holler..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    You post the same shit every day. The world isn't out to get you. Old age does not make a person righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Farm them for what? They don't drop anything worthwhile.
    What would you consider worthwhile?

Yesterday I got a bag containing 7 epic gems from 1 rare and I got combat pets from 2 of the others. There are also mounts, transmog, currency, gear etc....

What do you want them to drop ? A house, car and university education ?

- - - Updated - - -

they force us casual gamers to play alot and get addicted to farm them all since they spawn fast
    I don't consider myself casual... but even I don't bother farming them all. I just do the world quests and any extra rares / chests that I find while doing so.

Good god guys it isn't even good bait.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I know right.

I'm spending ages looking for a hook and amazing bait to go with the fishing line I found.

7+ Year Old Account
    As an extremely casual gamer, I disagree. I spend my hour there, do what I need to do, and then head back to older content to finish achieve hunting, collecting, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't force you for shit. As well, rare kills only count once pr. day.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Farm them for what? They don't drop anything worthwhile.
    Say that to my 950 relinquished relic.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!