Poll: Acceptable?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    And it is already done by the players themselfs.
    It isn't currently possible to do at all, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    sorry but i have to inform you with regret that the last 10 years is ALLIANCE+HORDE vs Illidan/legion , ALLIANCE +HORDE vs Lich King , ALLIANCE+HORDE vs Deathwing , ALLIANCE+HORDE vs Sha/Garrosh etc , ALLIANCE+HORDE vs iron horde/guldan/legion , ALLIANCE+HORDE vs legion/sargeras/end of the world etc...i think you get the point

[QUOTE=Banard;47318041]
    Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    If you dont like it go play another game. Its one of the fundamental pillars of the game. Its Orcs vs Humans.
    Ah yes, the 'if you don't like it leave' response. So very predictable nowadays. Are 2-3 million players still too much for you? Would you rather we dwindle down to less then a million when someone higher up decides WoW has run its course and gets put on the shelve?

btt: I played since the original WarCraft 1, so don't think you enlighten me by regurging that 'central pillar' line. That one got demlished by Blizz themselves in WarCraft 3, and was at best an afterthought in WoW. I mean, how much has it influenced the story in WoW?
    Classic? instanced battlegrounds, nothing to the real story
    BC? open battlegrounds in the world ... for a little bonus. Again not part of the real story
    WotLK? a whole zone as a bg with new toys like vehicles and destructible buildings. That one was fun, and gave you access to a raid. Did it contribute/influence the story? Not to my knowledge.
    Cata? First real contribution to the story until a black lizard shows up .
    MoP? 1st zone heavily building up on HvA ... and the fight for scraps in the south ... but in the end we hold hands again.
    WoD? kumbaya once more.
    Legion? see WoD.

So stop with the artificial separation.
    Last edited by segara82; 2017-09-15 at 12:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Actually, if legion proved something is that players prefer to feel part of an order than to be chained to the illogical factions. The factions make sense for RTS, not for an MMORPG.
    You mean the players are FORCED to be part of an order. Not everyone prefers it - I didn't prefer being shoehorned into being a "commander" either.

I want the factions to be at war!

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'd like Blizzard to introduce contracts in game which you can buy or sell on the AH.

e.g. List a contract on the AH for a "Heroic KJ" kill.

They buyer then arranges with the seller to provide the 'service' and then once delivered the transaction is completed automatically via gold.

Same thing could be done for a range of conformable activities - e.g. a dungeon, a quest, an achievement a mount etc.
    There a reason why Blizzard isn't implementing that thing yet - because it's impossible.
    What if some players get DC during the KJ HC? Does that mean guild has to do HC KJ once more?
    What if someone buys TOS HC full clear and then suddenly decide that he doesn't want to finish it because he got the items he wanted from the first 5-6 bosses? Are they being paid fully or only for a few bosses?
    What if I pay for an achievement and I screw it up all the time, so it's impossible for them to do it for me?(like Only Penitent)

OT:
    If I would like to party up with the players from the other faction then I would just make a new character there.
    Teaming up ONLY for the dungeons/raids/BG/Arena(just like the Ashran mercenary mechanics) - okay.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-09-15 at 12:12 PM.

we alrady tryed that back in black tempel, or well 2 guilds did try that as thay by mistake got the same raid id

Gameplay wise, sure, why not?

But on the technical side... Having two opposing factions is a core "feature" to the game. I think changing this has probably more potential to fuck things up badly than the benefits it could have. So no, don't do it. Don't even try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    what...the split was always there. It use to be more important...faction wars in zones...guilds that fought people on site. We need to return to the original "orcs vs humans".
    It's always been there, but ever since Wrath it's only been for the gameplay.. Literally every expansion is "Here's this great evil we must conquer! ... WHILE ALSO BEATING THE OTHER FACTION FOR SOME REASON"

Deleted
    Im all for it, but PVE realms only. I wouldnt like to spoil fun for those who still care about "faction pride" and stuff like that.

We on pve realms dont even notice other faction players, they are just like npcs. So why not open more posibilities for players to socialize, group together and still play their favourite race?

Lorewise, every single expansion both factions are fighting common enemy, so there is even more reason for this to be allowed. Totally ilogical this havent been done by now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thargas28 View Post
    You mean the players are FORCED to be part of an order. Not everyone prefers it - I didn't prefer being shoehorned into being a "commander" either.

I want the factions to be at war!
    well, they are not at war since vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like that a lot. Lifting the language restrictions on RP realms was a nice start.

[QUOTE=Banard;47318041]
    Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post

If you dont like it go play another game. Its one of the fundamental pillars of the game. Its Orcs vs Humans.
    Nope orcs vs humans died at the end of BeyondDark portal. War in Warcraft has been even from WC1 since we now know who was behind the orcish invasions Azeroth vs Legion or Void

Sooner or later Blizzard will be "forced" to let us make groups filled with horde and alliance characters. Its just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    because it's impossible.
    Not at all ... if something can flag on your account ... then it can be marked as contract filled. There is no complications.

If I go to a car yard to buy a car, and a hailstorm destroys the car yard before I buy the car - that's the SELLER's responsibility, not the BUYER'S.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually sounds like a fascinating idea.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, Order Halls doesn't treat the class as unified, but rather treats the Player as the highest of the order.
    In story terms, the other PCs in the Order Hall may as well not even exist.
    Sure, you have NPCs that all speak to you in common tongue, but it's more like "hey, this dude is super cereal, so I should help him and such".
    That's not unity, really, but more of "I have to do this... for now" type of thing.

But at the same time, the division between Horde and Alliance has been muddy and boring, in terms of the story, with nothing truly remarkable happening to give the clash legs on which to stand.
    I mean, Genn and Sylvy is boring and forced, and the whole 'Horde bailed on us in our time of need' is lame.

So, yeah, it would make sense to allow players to choose to tear down these silly barriers that prevent them from playing together simply because one rolled Troll and the other Human.
    It would take a revenue stream away (faction swap) when players need to swap to play with friends, but it would also inject a burst into the stream at first, because let's face it, how many alli out there would reroll to Belf if they could still raid with their alli friends?

In game, they try to emphasize the friction, but really, it's old hat and so poorly done.
    Why can't the 'Player' be the exception to the rule?
    I mean, Thrall shacked up with a human, racial leaders have had convos.
    If we are the peak of our orders, we are basically close in terms of standing to racial leaders, so let us group together.
    Plus, in gameplay terms, racials aren't that game-changing anymore, so it's not like it would hurt anything.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhammer85 View Post
    sorry but i have to inform you with regret that the last 10 years is ALLIANCE+HORDE vs Illidan/legion , ALLIANCE +HORDE vs Lich King , ALLIANCE+HORDE vs Deathwing , ALLIANCE+HORDE vs Sha/Garrosh etc , ALLIANCE+HORDE vs iron horde/guldan/legion , ALLIANCE+HORDE vs legion/sargeras/end of the world etc...i think you get the point
    I have never seen a single alliance scumbag in any of my raids. Nor will I ever. Excluding NPCs, that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

I mean, having separate factions is stupid. Yes we are in a war, but we fight our own in Arenas, so why can't we unite with our "enemy" to defeat a bigger treat.
    We should still be able to group up and attack each others towns and leaders, but people who doesn't want to fight each other should be able to join.

Whenever I zone into a PVP realm for some world quest and I see alliance, I kill them before I worry about some dumb raid boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    No thanks.
    Care to elaborate on why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'd like Blizzard to introduce contracts in game which you can buy or sell on the AH.

e.g. List a contract on the AH for a "Heroic KJ" kill.

They buyer then arranges with the seller to provide the 'service' and then once delivered the transaction is completed automatically via gold.

Same thing could be done for a range of conformable activities - e.g. a dungeon, a quest, an achievement a mount etc.
    thought of this too, and I believe we're not the only ones

-both buyer and seller agree on a criteria(= a reward) that the game can track (a mount, achievement, rating level, item from an in game code, ...)
    -they agree on a time frame
    -if criteria is not met once time frame passed, gold is refunded, else gold is transferred as soon as the criteria is completed

either this or they find a way to prevent any possible boost or bop/code item selling, the current system is a nightmare, it's just scams and disagreements everywhere