Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why do people have such a love/hate relationship with Bethesda.

Every time they release a game it's a gamer's bar mitzvah for the next half a year. Skyrim fans are still nuts over the game half a decade later, yet shit on the devs every shot they get.

If you hate the company don't play their game, simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Why do people have such a love/hate relationship with Bethesda.

Every time they release a game it's a gamer's bar mitzvah for the next half a year. Skyrim fans are still nuts over the game half a decade later, yet shit on the devs every shot they get.

If you hate the company don't play their game, simple.
    Might not be the same people. Compared to many other fandoms I indeed find Bethesda's to be quite lenient.

I think the criticisms you see are because a lot of people recognize that their base games are very mediocre, but mods make them come alive. It would just be better if the base games were actually good, and mods were used to enhance that rather than making the product you buy actually playable by someone who has anything approaching standards when it comes to RPGs.

Might just be my opinion however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember there is a huge difference between Bethesda Softworks, Zenimax, and Bethesda Game Studios. The issue is, Bethesda Softworks and Game Studios share a name.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Might not be the same people. Compared to many other fandoms I indeed find Bethesda's to be quite lenient.

I think the criticisms you see are because a lot of people recognize that their base games are very mediocre, but mods make them come alive. It would just be better if the base games were actually good, and mods were used to enhance that rather than making the product you buy actually playable by someone who has anything approaching standards when it comes to RPGs.

Might just be my opinion however.
    Recognize however that the majority of Skyrim's gamerbase back in 2011 were console players, I'd --GUESS-- more than 80% of Skyrim players when the game made game of the year were 360 players. The SKSE and thus modding community didn't really explode until some 3-4 years later.

Fallout 3 and Oblivion, and Morrowind as well, same scenario. I don't recall any game-changing mods for any of those 3 games.

The base games are amazing, and it's only the mod-downloading community (the takers, not givers) who shit on Beth every chance.

Like just now over in the subreddit dedicated to Skyrim modding, everyone's just shitting on Beth for Creation Club and for not helping freelance mod writers with designing the 64-bit Script extension software.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bethesda Softworks = Publisher

Bethesda Game Studios = Developer

ZeniMax Online Studios = Developer

ZeniMax Media = Owner

The decisions people are mad at here are likely on Softworks and Media.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

ZeniMax Media = Owner

Dang. I wonder about friction between the 4

10+ Year Old Account

Modception

10+ Year Old Account
    Bethesda giving assurances

System was rushed as fuck.

ZeniMax Media = Owner

Not really true. Bethesda's head honchos created Zenimax Media, not the other way around, and the leadership of all these companies overlaps a lot last time I checked.

No, Bethesda doesn't get to escape criticisms with ''but it's the publisher!!'' excuses. It's one big happy family and they have only themselves to blame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Its not a real surprise. Fallout 4 more than anything shown what is direction that bethesda wants to take their games, and CC in all its scumminess is a very logical milestone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Apparently some of the Fallout 4 mods are free today and others are discounted. Trying to reel people in Bethesda?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Apparently some of the Fallout 4 mods are free today and others are discounted. Trying to reel people in Bethesda?
    "When in doubt, PR moves out"

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its not a real surprise. Fallout 4 more than anything shown what is direction that bethesda wants to take their games, and CC in all its scumminess is a very logical milestone.
    God I hope they don't make more games like fallout 4 it was bloody horrible why make a rpg if your gonna take out all the RPGs elements, the gunplay was nice but the game has no longevity without rpg elements main reason I didn't touch the dlc's I couldn't bring my self to care.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26493/?

Funny how the download is spiking after this video.

17.000 downloads.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    this fucking thread on bethesda's main forum where some guy is shilling creation club/microtransactions in general because 'video games have cost the same for years but the costs have risen and games need to start earning more cash'

ahahaha holy fucking christ, i'll always be impressed by the lengths an average joe will go to in order to defend a corporate head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by desdelian View Post
    this fucking thread on bethesda's main forum where some guy is shilling creation club/microtransactions in general because 'video games have cost the same for years but the costs have risen and games need to start earning more cash'

ahahaha holy fucking christ, i'll always be impressed by the lengths an average joe will go to in order to defend a corporate head.
    Just look at this forum, while I will not name names, we have some shills who really go out of their way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So? Name 1 market place that anyone can sell on that doesn't take a cut.
    Name one that takes 100% of all revenue from external player mods.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-09-17 at 01:54 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Name one that takes 100% of all revenue from external player mods.

Pretty much every employer ever. As this is more like what they are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bethesda giving assurances

[video=youtube;JH8_8-k9bhs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH8_8-k9bhs[video]

System was rushed as fuck.
    Unless they make everything on the creation club cost $1 or less, it will never be good.

The fact they charge $5 for some of this stuff is astounding... Are you really trying to tell me that a gun or a suit of power armor is worth 1/12 of the entire game...?

How much was Far Habor, like $25? You are telling me a Gauss Rifle ($4) and set of Hellfire Power Armor ($5) is equivalent to almost 40% the content in Far Harbor?

Its silly and insulting.