10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Araby...

>Currently inhabited by several Bretonnian Crusaders...
    >Currently inhabited by
    >Currently

Second DLC faction confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Araby...

>Currently inhabited by several Bretonnian Crusaders...
    >Currently inhabited by
    >Currently

Second DLC faction confirmed.
    Nice catch, yeah they will be in for sure in some dlc, perhaps nippon, cathay, Kingdoms of Ind, hung and kurgans to, though i doubt it, maby amazons to. I do want the dogs of war though for even more unit diversity.

Deleted
    I wonder how they'll make Araby unique.

They've got pretty much free reign as we don't know all that much about it in the lore.

The places where the Vampire Counts are, thats where the Tomb Kings are gonna be when they drop isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post

They've got pretty much free reign as we don't know all that much about it in the lore.

The places where the Vampire Counts are, thats where the Tomb Kings are gonna be when they drop isn't it?
    Yes, the Tomb King capital of Khemri lies in the Land of the Dead
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post

Araby is completely unique and has nothing in common with any faction. It has its own army, sand magic, monsters, djinns and stuff.

Deleted
    I really hope they'll include the Dogs of War with Tilea etc. properly some time.

It's not unlikely, because it would be content for both TWWH1 and TWWH2.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-08-27 at 06:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy that did a lot of CA's promo videos (like the campaign let's plays above) just quit from Creative Assembly. He said he can't reveal the exact details because of an NDA with SEGA, but did elaborate on some shady business practices he disagreed with.

Here is the reddit thread on it:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co..._to_total_war/

10+ Year Old Account
    Lot of sales going on for Total War at the moment.

Bundle Stars has Total War: Warhammer for 70% off ($18), all the DLC for 40% off (Wood Elves/Beastmen are $11.39, legendary lord packs $4.79), and Total War: Warhammer II pre-orders for 18% off ($49)...

Steam is also having a sale on Total War, historical stuff is 75% off and Warhammer 33%.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-09-01 at 09:19 PM.

Bundle Stars has Total War: Warhammer for 70% off ($18), all the DLC for 40% off (Wood Elves/Beastmen are $11.39, legendary lord packs $4.79), and Total War: Warhammer II pre-orders for 18% off ($49)...

Steam is also having a sale on Total War, historical stuff is 75% off and Warhammer 33%.
    I dunno man. The last time I bought Total War: Warhammer on release, it was being sold for like $20 after a few months and then getting bundled free with the Humble Bundle sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    I dunno man. The last time I bought Total War: Warhammer on release, it was being sold for like $20 after a few months and then getting bundled free with the Humble Bundle sub.
    Nah it wasn't on sale until like the holiday season 8+ months later. And it wasn't in the Humble Bundle until February this year, almost a year post launch.

---

Adding onto my above thing about Bundle Stars, I pre-ordered the game and they instantly gave me a key, you don't have to wait until launch like GMG and other such sites.

Sweet deals, if only they would raise the player cap in coop to about 4 then maby i could get more people to buy it. I heard they are thinking of it so there is hope. Should also brinng it back to how shogun 2 did it where you could acually do stuff when it was not your turn, oh and bring back avatar conquest to while your at it or something similar other then just regular 1vs1 battles in mp.

Though i never tried avatar conquest but it looked fun and ive heard good things about it.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-09-01 at 10:50 PM.

I can't wait for the next game. I have deeply enjoyed the first one, and have over 200+ hours into it (almost as much as I've put into skyrim).

I certainly hope the next DLC races are the Tomb Kings, and the Amazonians. Ohhh good god I hope the amazonians are next.

I have a couple of lore questions though, my knowledge of Warhammer is pretty basic (I only have a passing knowledge of Warhammer 40k. This game is my first foray into the Warhammer Fantasy)

The first one is about the Norsca DLC. Why are the norscans kicking so much ass? As far as I knew, the norscan were basically Chaos Warrior wanna-be's, the rejects, the runts, the ones that weren't badass enough to gain the favor of chaos and ascend. But in the game, they have a surprisingly large roster of incredibly powerful units, and can even challenge the actual forces of chaos and win. Is that just gameplay fluff? or is there some lore consistency behind that?

Secondly: I saw that there may be some wood elves in the map for the second game. How can that be? I thought the wood elves never ventured outside of Athel Loren.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

I wish I wasn't late to the party with this game. I only bought it sometime last month together with all the DLC except of the Beastmen, since I'm not really convinced about them. Don't really like the horde style, and they seem to have extremely limited roster. But it's so damn fun. I have 160 hours played in Rome 2 over the last 2 years... and over 200 in Warhammer now. Preordered WH2 already as well and can't bear the wait anymore.

My only gripe with the game is how in Sigmar's name were mammoths not nerfed to the ground yet. They are by far the hardest unit to counter even for factions that actually have any counters to them, but good luck dealing with them as VC or Greenskins. Well, VC units at least have a ton of discipline, so they'll be doing work on the mammoths, and their roster seems well designed to dealing with Norska aside of the mammoths, since the anvil beats that of the Norska, and then Norska doesn't seem very capable of dealing with VC cavalry. But the Orks? I've just had a battle where I spammed Soul Decay (or whatever the english name of the spell is) as Azhag on Norska's frontline, just hoping that my Black Orks can beat it and start working on the mammoths. Yeah, not happening. Rout, rout, rout, gg. It wasn't the perfect army composition, but there is something very wrong when Black Orks lose to less numerous, 0 exp regular Raiders backed by mammoths. The match-up is simply broken because of mammoths.

For the record, I'm playing every faction on very hard, it's just the Norska that I'm struggling with every time.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2017-09-15 at 08:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I wish I wasn't late to the party with this game. I only bought it sometime last month together with all the DLC except of the Beastmen, since I'm not really convinced about them. Don't really like the horde style, and they seem to have extremely limited roster. But it's so damn fun. I have 160 hours played in Rome 2 over the last 2 years... and over 200 in Warhammer now. Preordered WH2 already as well and can't bear the wait anymore.
    I KNOW!!!!!!!! right? I'm a relative newbie when it comes to total war (Only played Shogun 2 and Rome 2 before the warhammer games) and a complete newbie to the Warhammer Fantasy setting. But so far, these two franchises are like a match made in heaven. Its like they were made to be together.

They blend in so well, and complement each other so well. I too didn't purchase the beastmen. I think they're horribly overpriced, and the race is nowhere near cool enough to justify the asking price. The wood elves are cheaper and they're MILES better, both in gameplay, and in coolness.

Frankly, my main difficulty is deciding which race I'm gonna play first. Currently, its either High Elves, Dark Elves, or Skaven. The Lizardmen are kinda low on my priority list.

And I swear, if they add the amazonians as a DLC faction, so help me god, I'm gonna squee =D

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I only bought it sometime last month together with all the DLC except of the Beastmen
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I too didn't purchase the beastmen. I think they're horribly overpriced, and the race is nowhere near cool enough to justify the asking price.
    Let me see if I can help convince the two of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIU6BmuHtI0

Mammoths are pretty damn powerful, yeah. You want to kill them with missile troops, other monsters, heroes, or anti-large cavalry. So yeah as Greenskins, you pretty much need either a healthy helping of Boar Boy Big'uns, or a Arachnarok, preferably helped by Heroes or Lords.They're much easier to counter as factions like Empire or Wood Elves where the AI just cannot deal with focused missile fire. Albeit if there's only 1 or 2, having a few archers backed up by the RoR goblin archers (who sunder armor) can work well too. Don't bother with Spirit Leech, Mammoths have way too much HP for that to make more than a small dent.

Also, two weeks now before game 2. I'm definitely going to begin as Kroq-Gar, because who doesn't want to be a dinosaur shooting lazers while riding a bigger dinosaur? Second game will probably be High Elves as Teclis.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I can't wait for the next game. I have deeply enjoyed the first one, and have over 200+ hours into it (almost as much as I've put into skyrim).

I certainly hope the next DLC races are the Tomb Kings, and the Amazonians. Ohhh good god I hope the amazonians are next.

I have a couple of lore questions though, my knowledge of Warhammer is pretty basic (I only have a passing knowledge of Warhammer 40k. This game is my first foray into the Warhammer Fantasy)

The first one is about the Norsca DLC. Why are the norscans kicking so much ass? As far as I knew, the norscan were basically Chaos Warrior wanna-be's, the rejects, the runts, the ones that weren't badass enough to gain the favor of chaos and ascend. But in the game, they have a surprisingly large roster of incredibly powerful units, and can even challenge the actual forces of chaos and win. Is that just gameplay fluff? or is there some lore consistency behind that?

Secondly: I saw that there may be some wood elves in the map for the second game. How can that be? I thought the wood elves never ventured outside of Athel Loren.
    Norsca's power is for gameplay reasons yes. While their chieftains can rise up to become powerful champions of chaos (Archons predecessor was a Norscan) they are generally the fodder of Chaos Armies. Tho it is not because they are the rejects, they are more like the juniors. They seek to be recognized by the gods and become Warriors of Chaos.

Wood Elves can magically travel by way of the World Roots which connect all great forests on the planet. One such forest is in the heartlands of Ulthuan (Avelorn) so they can travel there if they wish. They normally don't because there is no reason to, as it is well defended en maintained (being home to the Everqueen).
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Think they made good job making Mazdamundi feel pretty op, i mean in the lore he destroys armies with one spell and shit, in the end times he destroys multiple skaven and chaos armies probably millions of skaven and i dont know how many daemons lol, so he feels pretty powerful without the ridiculous op stuff.

Or maby it was Lord Kroak who did that i cant remember but they are both op as fuck.

Love his Stegadon Zlaaq to, big as hell.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-09-16 at 12:32 PM.