Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Worgen Homeworld

What do we know about it?

Is it a dimension aligned with nature like the Emerald Dream? Could it be part of the Dream itself?
    Or something different altogether?

There are satyrs Lords of the Emerald Flame present on this plane too - as satyrs are demonic night elves is it connected to Azeroth like the Dream?

7+ Year Old Account
    What?
    The worgen state is a curse.

Formerly known as Arafal

Aren't Worgen druids that somehow lost control? They don't have a Homeworld.

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't aliens, they're cursed.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Worgen
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

The original worgen were night elves trapped in the Emerald Dream... so it's just the Emerald Dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    What?
    The worgen state is a curse.
    Old lore had them coming from a different world and infecting humans. They were so savage and powerful they were in stalemate with the Legion on their home world.

This was changed in Cata sadly I really think the original story was better than LOL DRUIDS DID IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Old lore had them coming from a different world and infecting humans. They were so savage and powerful they were in stalemate with the Legion on their home world.

This was changed in Cata sadly I really think the original story was better than LOL DRUIDS DID IT!
    So it's a simple retcon - ok

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrossed View Post
    So it's a simple retcon - ok
    Yep really killed Worgen for me specially with how pathetic they have been since then. Can't compare to the old tales of Worgen fighting a war with the Legion to a stand still.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep really killed Worgen for me specially with how pathetic they have been since then. Can't compare to the old tales of Worgen fighting a war with the Legion to a stand still.
    That entire questline with the Scythe during classic blew my mind as a kid. Its a shame they made the retcon, as it would make a great cameo at least in the Invasions portals of 7.3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    That entire questline with the Scythe during classic blew my mind as a kid. Its a shame they made the retcon, as it would make a great cameo at least in the Invasions portals of 7.3
    I thought it was a cameo, we arrive to a forest world in one of the invasion points.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

it's not really a retcon. people always assumed it was the emerald dream they came from. the "lords of the emerald flame" line threw people off a little, but it was always either some legion controlled world or the dream.

some kinda thought maybe these lords of emerald flame could be a new enemy, not legion or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's not really a retcon. people always assumed it was the emerald dream they came from. the "lords of the emerald flame" line threw people off a little, but it was always either some legion controlled world or the dream.

some kinda thought maybe these lords of emerald flame could be a new enemy, not legion or anything.
    No it was a clear retcon. The original lore Ur said he looked into their world and saw it was dark place and the worgen possessed highly advanced magic and fought with the lords of emerald flame.

The current lore just them sleeping in the dream not fighting anyone because Malfurion wanted them pacified even in the dream. They also had no magic at all they had all become mindless beast except for Alpha Prime who retained his intelligence after being awoken by Arugal.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2017-09-16 at 09:06 AM.

They had the potential to do something great... then we had this:

Yet they still go everywhere screaming "For Gilneas!" while it's pretty much abandoned.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Lords of the Emerald Flame were a faction of satyr, and the portal opened by the Scythe led to the Emerald Dream where the cursed Druids of the Pack (first worgen) were sealed.

- - - Updated - - -

No it was a clear retcon. The original lore Ur said he looked into their world and saw it was dark place and the worgen possessed highly advanced magic and fought with the lords of emerald flame.
    "Holding the Scythe in my hands, I received a vision of chaos. Wolf-men... the worgen... battled an incredible enemy. The worgen fought savagely, as fit their primitive race, but their enemy was unflinching: the Lords of the Emerald Flame."

There's nothing there about a home world or advanced magic. Starsong had a vision of the War of the Satyrs, when the Scythe and the worgen were created.

Book of Ur was just a lot of hypothesis: "They may not be from our world, but avenues exist between their home and ours and powerful magic can pull them here. [...] The worgen's home is a dark place, a place of nightmare. [...] although some Worgen possess powerful magic, they have made no attempts to reach Azeroth of their own accord. [...] As mentioned above, some Worgen are skilled in the mystic arts, and their magic is of darkness and corruption."

What you had was a guy getting glimpses of the Emerald Dream / Nightmare. Maybe that wasn't the original intent, but taking the story in a direction that some people didn't expect doesn't constitute a retcon. Nothing about the lore was changed, it was just explained and expanded.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2017-09-16 at 10:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    They had the potential to do something great... then we had this:

Yet they still go everywhere screaming "For Gilneas!" while it's pretty much abandoned.
    It's not abandoned. I believe lore wise it's occupied by the forsaken. In game this isn't reflected because i think they have a plan for the Worgen to take it back someday. When the story lends itself to it.

Also... nothing wrong with the models. WTH?! You wanted them to be angry 24/7? You can make the same case with the Orcs.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-09-16 at 10:30 AM.

So you wanted them to be furry draenei?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    "Holding the Scythe in my hands, I received a vision of chaos. Wolf-men... the worgen... battled an incredible enemy. The worgen fought savagely, as fit their primitive race, but their enemy was unflinching: the Lords of the Emerald Flame."

There's nothing there about a home world or advanced magic. Starsong had a vision of the War of the Satyrs, when the Scythe and the worgen were created.

Book of Ur was just a lot of hypothesis: "They may not be from our world, but avenues exist between their home and ours and powerful magic can pull them here. [...] The worgen's home is a dark place, a place of nightmare. [...] although some Worgen possess powerful magic, they have made no attempts to reach Azeroth of their own accord. [...] As mentioned above, some Worgen are skilled in the mystic arts, and their magic is of darkness and corruption."

What you had was a guy getting glimpses of the Emerald Dream / Nightmare. Maybe that wasn't the original intent, but taking the story in a direction that some people didn't expect doesn't constitute a retcon. Nothing about the lore was changed, it was just explained and expanded.
    Gee, I wonder why there is no mention of the home or powerful magic that @Nathreim said was seen by Ur in vision by Starsong. Because it is known they are totally the same character. And the rest of the bits in bold are what? Not original lore? That'd be mighty weird given how the book and the quest involving it have been removed in Cata. Or does this not count because it's a hypothesis? Never mind that it wasn't presented as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The current lore just them sleeping in the dream not fighting anyone because Malfurion wanted them pacified even in the dream. They also had no magic at all they had all become mindless beast except for Alpha Prime who retained his intelligence after being awoken by Arugal.
    the sleeping thing is the only real difference. the dream probably does seem dark and mysterious to someone no affiliated with druidic magic, especially if the nightmare was infesting their part of the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Or does this not count because it's a hypothesis? Never mind that it wasn't presented as such.
    It's an ingame book. There's no guarantee any of it's contents are true.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's an ingame book. There's no guarantee any of it's contents are true.
    And there's no guarantee it was a mere hypothesis either since it works both ways. Then there's the part where a vision also has no guarantee to be 100% true. And yet Katharinda used it as an argument to dismiss Nathreim's argument about Ur and his work, which is special pleading. There's no salvaging that post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.