Poll: Favorite and Least Favorite Invasion Points?

Favorite and Least Favorite Invasion Points? (take 2)

Yeah, they're fairly simple, but they are different, with different hazards. The mobs hit differently too. I don't have numbers to back it up, but as tank I can sure tell you which are more likely to kill me if I aggro too many.
    • Invasion Point: Cen'gar ~ Meh. Firelands 2.0
    • Invasion Point: Naigtal ~ Mushroom Darkworld. This is the crazy one, but spooky fun. Those horrors are out of control! Don't mess with them! Casters can overwhelm you too.
    • Invasion Point: Val ~ Hoth, Ice World, I rate this one 2nd maybe. I like the mechanic where we run to braziers to avoid freezing.
    • Invasion Point: Sangua ~ Creepy weird sucking blood from ground, but the mobs are made of tissue paper.
    • Invasion Point: Bonich ~ Somewhat interesting, with the bio hazard sleep gas, but mostly just rounding up adds to kill faster.
    • Invasion Point: Aurinor ~ Down the hill and up the hill; not really a fan of this one, although looking around to see other floating islands is cool.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-09-16 at 01:34 PM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Cen'gar is favorite, music is good from TBC and feels just fun basically.

Least favorite is tough to pick... I'd say probably the one with the blood blobs. Sangua is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Cen'gar is favorite, music is good from TBC and feels just fun basically.

Least favorite is tough to pick... I'd say probably the one with the blood blobs. Sangua is it?
    Yeah Sangua is the blood one. Those mobs have so little health, they just melt on contact.

- - - Updated - - -

I die more in Naigtal than all the others put together. Not every time, but I can't just pull and tank everything like I can in the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of them have the old vanilla WoW music from the old zones there in them, any that have that make me feel warm and fuzzy
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find the mushroom one meh mainly due to the casters in phase 2 they hurt..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I find the mushroom one meh mainly due to the casters in phase 2 they hurt..
    I like Naigtal because there is some danger and I have to actually be a little careful.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted all as least favourite.
    It seemed to work as i hit the 'vote now' button
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    I voted all as least favourite.
    It seemed to work as i hit the 'vote now' button
    Yeah I made it multiple choice on purpose; everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Naigtal is the one with the casters that will just one shot you suddenly?

Yeah, no, screw that place. People always end up ignoring the casters while trying to round up everything, including the fel corrupted creepers or whatever, when they're not even needed.

The others are "eh". I guess Val is my favorite since it's the quickest.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    • Invasion Point: Naigtal ~ Mushroom Darkworld. This is the crazy one, but spooky fun. Those horrors are out of control! Don't mess with them! Casters can overwhelm you too.
    That Zangarmarsh-look-a-like map is always a nightmare for me. Mostly because people run around like headless chicken always aggro'ing those giant horrors as well as the boss.

But my absolute worst is not an invasion point exactly, but an invasion boss: Fel Lord Kaz'ral. Because people don't know how to fight him and either: a) fight him right near one of those damned spikes he summons, causing wipes; or b) also fight the other mobs that spawn, leaving boss for later, which allows him to summon more and more spikes...

Imagine a Naigtal fight with him as the boss, and those Horrors, the place full of those spikes... ugh...

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost one is the fastest so it wins. Zangar Marsh one is just a shit show.

Naigtal and Sangua are by far the worst. With a non-healing class it's fairly common to die since both have unavoidable damage mechanics (unless you afk in some corner). Well, they would be avoidable (people could just go out of the zerg when their blood debuff fades, or don't aggro the big plant guys), but that's obviously not how it works.

Val is quick and easy with mechanics only dangerous to the own player, so that would be my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That Zangarmarsh-look-a-like map is always a nightmare for me. Mostly because people run around like headless chicken always aggro'ing those giant horrors as well as the boss.

But my absolute worst is not an invasion point exactly, but an invasion boss: Fel Lord Kaz'ral. Because people don't know how to fight him and either: a) fight him right near one of those damned spikes he summons, causing wipes; or b) also fight the other mobs that spawn, leaving boss for later, which allows him to summon more and more spikes...

Imagine a Naigtal fight with him as the boss, and those Horrors, the place full of those spikes... ugh...
    So much this! I hate that boss with a passion. If I'm not in tank spec the spikes get spam cast on me and I can't outheal it, even as a healer, even if I instantly move away from them. If I am in tank spec I'll survive but all the DPS will die and the boss takes forever and summons hundreds of spikes. Overtuned to hell.

Other things offhand that suck:

- The patrolling fen stalkers that always get pulled and AoE everyone
    - The random decision to make all the caster mobs in every invasion hit like trucks
    - The boss that summons a tiny circle around him you need to stand in or die (so most the DPS die and drag the fight out)
    - The boss that summons 10+ tracking death balls before it dies (usually on top of the melee, can also fixate tanks)
    - The boss that summons the explosion casting flame orbs that the DPS ignore (then wonder why they're one shot when they all blow up)
    - The blood debuff where the DPS won't move out and just blow each other up when it expires
    - The tracking blood ground effect that normally targets a melee that won't move out
    - The easily avoidable but hideously annoying player tracking Yogg sleep clouds

Raid mechanics with PuG invasions are such fun. /sarcasm

Overall:

- The Zangarmarsh one is the worst because people like to arse pull the fen stalkers
    - The ice one is joint worst because there's normally a mechanic to sit near the fires, when boss is almost always laying down AoE on top them.
    - They all suck because no auto grouping; not surprised people AFK them
    Last edited by Kaiarra; 2017-09-16 at 06:46 PM.