Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    illidan says there's a creature slumbering beneath the ground, the legion's draining it's blood.

whatever it is, it's hard to tell. it's likely something akin to a wild god though.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I wouldn't look into it THAT much. I sincerely doubt any of these planets have contained lore within them. They're just reused art assets set inside an instance. Fun to speculate though
    Yeah it is-- I spent a little extra time in Bonich after an invasion the other night (that pretty forest area) because another poster tossed an offhand comment about that place having giant deer. I didn't see any in the area beyond the clearing, though I did see those great looking misty waterfalls and stuff in the background. It reminded me of the stuff Bob Ross used to paint ^.^

Then I saw a movement and I DID see mobs! Two 'Ephemeral Runners'. They were basically unicorn skins but they were a translucent peach color with slight reddish accents at their hooves. It was nice.

I mean I get what you mean about reused art assets since there are also little flocks of tiny mana rays that fly above the play area, but still cool ^.^

The more I thought about it, the reference to giant deer was probably based on the name of the AP item we get when we finish invasions there. "Shed Antler of Elkiernor"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Yeah it is-- I spent a little extra time in Bonich after an invasion the other night (that pretty forest area) because another poster tossed an offhand comment about that place having giant deer. I didn't see any in the area beyond the clearing, though I did see those great looking misty waterfalls and stuff in the background. It reminded me of the stuff Bob Ross used to paint ^.^

Then I saw a movement and I DID see mobs! Two 'Ephemeral Runners'. They were basically unicorn skins but they were a translucent peach color with slight reddish accents at their hooves. It was nice.

I mean I get what you mean about reused art assets since there are also little flocks of tiny mana rays that fly above the play area, but still cool ^.^

The more I thought about it, the reference to giant deer was probably based on the name of the AP item we get when we finish invasions there. "Shed Antler of Elkiernor"
    That sounds awfully similar to our Malorne. I thought Wild Gods are limited to Azeroth since they were uplifted by the Titanforged? (Freya). Or may be this is hinting that the Titans also visited Bonich?

My wild guess: This is the world where Eonar's essence is currently hiding, which is why it's so lush and full of life. The Legion is hunting her across the cosmos, and now they finally caught her here.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    That sounds awfully similar to our Malorne. I thought Wild Gods are limited to Azeroth since they were uplifted by the Titanforged? (Freya). Or may be this is hinting that the Titans also visited Bonich?

My wild guess: This is the world where Eonar's essence is currently hiding, which is why it's so lush and full of life. The Legion is hunting her across the cosmos, and now they finally caught her here.
    Then we snuck up on their commander, beat his ass and took all his stuff. I like it
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.

Here is a screenshot of the giant skull

10+ Year Old Account
    So did the huge beast die, or was it...

...murder?!

*dun dun dun*

it's a perpetually menstruating female world.

The other day I did Bonich invasion as well and while the others were too busy slaying demons, I was so absorbed by the beauty of this place. I made a full walk around its borders and saw the giant deer - Elkiernor. He was followed by a few smaller deers. It was very interesting. They were near the river stream to the east side of the map, behind the tree logs, serving as borders. If Blizzard gives us more green forests like this one (it was very similar to Grizzly Hills, but with Legion graphics/attention to detail) as zones in the next expansion, I will have a squirting fangasm xD

The other day I did Bonich invasion as well and while the others were too busy slaying demons, I was so absorbed by the beauty of this place. I made a full walk around its borders and saw the giant deer - Elkiernor. He was followed by a few smaller deers. It was very interesting. They were near the river stream to the east side of the map, behind the tree logs, serving as borders. If Blizzard gives us more green forests like this one (it was very similar to Grizzly Hills, but with Legion graphics/attention to detail) as zones in the next expansion, I will have a squirting fangasm xD
    Squeeee so he IS real and yeah that zone is so beautiful--- I'd also like if they did a 'clean' version of the petrified forest sometime. I mean the topography is so interesting and it really makes me think of those big beautiful stands of redwoods and stuff. I don't expect them to show what the zone itself used to be like (though I'd love to see it and I bet trees with rainbow colored wood would have had gorgeous foliage. I absolutely imagine them to be in the pine family) but maybe they can use little bits and bobs of what they learned in some future places we visit.

In fact when first questing in that area, partially because of its layout/presentation but also the sorrowful bent of the storyline the Krokuul had to deal with, I thought of that old song 'In the Pines' for the first time in ages.

Squeeee so he IS real and yeah that zone is so beautiful--- I'd also like if they did a 'clean' version of the petrified forest sometime. I mean the topography is so interesting and it really makes me think of those big beautiful stands of redwoods and stuff. I don't expect them to show what the zone itself used to be like (though I'd love to see it and I bet trees with rainbow colored wood would have had gorgeous foliage. I absolutely imagine them to be in the pine family) but maybe they can use little bits and bobs of what they learned in some future places we visit.

In fact when first questing in that area, partially because of its layout/presentation but also the sorrowful bent of the storyline the Krokuul had to deal with, I thought of that old song 'In the Pines' for the first time in ages.
    Yeah, Argus and the various zones and locations that came along with its patch are giving me very good vibes. A thirst for exploration. I have very high hopes for the next expansion's zones.

Especially loving the new background/skyboxes which include terrain in them. For example when you go to the edge of the map of Krokuun, you can see some land in the distance. It's not actual terrain, it's just a 2D background image, but it really makes Argus feel like a planet, not just a chunk of land in the middle of nowhere. Wish they would apply such backgrounds to zones from now on. Like LoL's Summoner Rift (after the update) -

10+ Year Old Account
    Especially loving the new background/skyboxes which include terrain in them. For example when you go to the edge of the map of Krokuun, you can see some land in the distance. It's not actual terrain, it's just a 2D background image, but it really makes Argus feel like a planet, not just a chunk of land in the middle of nowhere. Wish they would apply such backgrounds to zones from now on. Like LoL's Summoner Rift (after the update)
    I really like the new skyboxes too. This is how I always imagined underground zones working.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    but then you have to come up with some more convoluted reason for the bones.
    The planet is a predator that causes other creatures to arrive by accident, distorting portals, space ship flight directories, and other smaller planets, all of which land and are prey for a quick-acting bacterial atmosphere that breaks down the flesh rapidly. The Legion found a way to neutralize said environment to use the place for their own ends.

/end convoluted rationalizing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I really like the new skyboxes too. This is how I always imagined underground zones working.
    Yeah, it could have made Deepholme seem bigger, or Ahn'qiraj. Not that they didn't already seem immense. I'd really like another unground zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Ooh, I hadn't even thought about the underground zones. That's an interesting idea. But I hope if they make an underground zone again, it is a little bit more than just... rocks... and fosforescent rocks....