Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    At this point player should be able to easily get legendary item every week.
    My god this game has changed...

Deleted
    What if legendary drop rate stayed the same, but you could choose which legendary you preferred? Say if you got a choice between 2 legendaries each time one dropped for you. It would allow people a degree of choice between legendaries, but still keep that random RNG fun people seem to be so fond of.

Entitlement perhaps? But some of us who raid also have to work and we can't be spending all week clearing every raid on every difficulty from LFR to Mythic to maximise our chances of legendary drops. We never dealt with this type of thing in previous expansions. Legendaries aren't a luxury they're a requirement. You're at the mercy of the RNG gods which ones you get first, or how often before bad luck protection kicks in.

Say I had to re-roll to another class for my raiding guild (not happening but let's say it did) - I could be grossly unlucky in what legendaries I got and it could take up to 2 months for me to get ones that were considered good or BiS for raiding. Alot of people actually have re-rolled and face this issue. It's not like simply gearing your new character up and knowing it's a matter of time.

I played since vanilla but never have we had anything like the legendaries and random drop rates they have until now. Before, you got gear if you worked for it. Now you get gear by pure chance if you factor in the WF/TF system too. It's *too* random and does not reward effort. It rewards luck only.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Please close this thread already. This is obv bait.
    Yeah while we're at it. Give people daily Mythic gear. Because why the fuck not.

God i hate the new MMORPG playerbase. Full of garbage.
    Nope. This is not a bait. And nope, giving "legendary" each week is not the same thing as giving daily loot from difficulty that requires some skill. Your argument is invalid.

Oh and btw, I am not "new MMORPG playerbase".

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I think if you want the legendaries, you need to put in the effort to get them... Thinking you deserve a legendary a week screams that you have some serious entitlement issues happening.
    I don't have issues with entitlement, and this is not something that I care that much about - because I was lucky bastard and have my BiS legendaries for every spec on my main character.
    But I would like to have something that would make this garbage "legendary" (let's be honest, they are only legendary in name, they are already glorified welfare epics with considerable power locked behind RNG) drops less of pain in the ass for my alts. And to other players who happen to be unlucky (like my gf - playing whole expansion, still doesn't have BiS legendary for Fury Warrior because RNG is shit).

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Good luck getting the right 2 as your first 2.
    Why does everyone have to min/max though?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    No. Legendaries are awarded for grinding. No grind=no legendaries. I personally play a lot of various content that can drop legendaries and I am just missing 4 more to have them all.
    Is that why I get 2 in 2 days on alts with no accumulated BLP ever since I started running invasions? Because I am being rewarded for grinding? Cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    It may not be mandatory but it sure is depressing playing the same class as a friend who got lucky and got bis while you get the worst ones.
    That is a YOU problem then and not a game one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    but your character is not working correctly without your BiS legendaries
    thats wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Heck, mythic ToS was even balanced around your players having the BiS ones.
    No it wasnt-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    No. Legendaries are awarded for grinding. No grind=no legendaries. I personally play a lot of various content that can drop legendaries and I am just missing 4 more to have them all.
    All for one speck or all for a class (If you tell me you're doing this on a druid I will be really impressed lol)

As for myself I honestly wouldn't mind if they made the first 1-2 land on your alts with little effort, but as others have said you don't really "Need" them all.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hate the RNG factor of legendaries. It took me literally 3 months before I got my first legendary on my priest and even then it was a shitty one. Luckily it wasn't the neck but it was the shitty caster boots that lets you cast while moving for 4 seconds if you stand still for 6 seconds. YAY such a great legendary.

I get a guaranteed legendary every 2 weeks just doing ToS HC, the ToS Mythic bosses I can do, 10-30 M+'s, Argus stuff.

I could be doing LFR, ToS NM, Every Mythic dungeon if I wanted more.

I think the legendary drop rate is currently fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    As for myself I honestly wouldn't mind if they made the first 1-2 land on your alts with little effort, but as others have said you don't really "Need" them all.

This is already the case, your first 2 legendaries per spec are quick.

I love the "Got mine, fuck you" mindset from a lot of people in this thread.

I have gotten 3 legendaries in the last 2 weeks due to invasion rifts/treasure/chests/rares on Argus. The sources for legendary drops are basically larger than ever now, and since they all count toward BLP, it seems that getting a legendary per week is actually pretty standard now so long as you are doing all your invasions/rare hunting every day. This isn't just anecdotal either. My alts are seeing increased legendary drops as well even though I don't play them as much, and my friend that I play with has been doing all the argus content daily as well and is receiving similar "luck."

Now, if you don't wanna grind our Argus rares/chests/invasions each day then I don't know what to tell you, but, if you do that religiously AND make sure to do all the LFR parts every week, it won't be uncommon at all to see 3+ legendaries each month of play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    so according to you only 500 people do hc/m raids, 10+ mythics?
    no, what he said - just so YOU understand it - only these 500 matter akak top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I hate the RNG factor of legendaries. It took me literally 3 months before I got my first legendary on my priest and even then it was a shitty one. Luckily it wasn't the neck but it was the shitty caster boots that lets you cast while moving for 4 seconds if you stand still for 6 seconds. YAY such a great legendary.
    Link me your priest's b.net page. I wanna see how much content you actually did on that priest over that duration because I have a feeling you didn't and just want to bitch for the sake of bitching.

Legendaries do have rng to them, but with BLP, after not too long you WILL get something. But if all you do every day is log in and run like 1 dungeon, of course it's going to take you months longer to get one. Legendaries aren't just handed out. You are incentivized to actually participate in content to get them, be it Argus rare/treasure/invasion hunting, running LFR or higher raid difficulties, or spamming mythic+.

If I want to target an alt to get a legendary, I expect to run ALL 12 LFR parts on that toon for 1-2 weeks, and so far, across my 12 110's, I can tell you it was about every 2 weeks of that much LFR that I WOULD get a legendary. Sometimes it would take 3 weeks, sometimes 1. But on average about 2. Now that Blizzard has added EVEN MORE sources for legendaries, and in turn even more sources for BLP, I would say the new average is about 1 legendary per week if you're actually properly grinding it out.

If you think you're just gonna casually log in every couple of days, and maybe run a heroic random dungeon here, or a couple emissaries there, you're not going to have a legendary just fall into your lap, at least not for a long period of time. Legendaries are super grind-able, especially since 7.3, if you're not lazy about it. If you don't want to put the time and effort into obtaining them, why should you be rewarded with them?

EDIT: Found your priest's b.net page in your signature. Looks like you've only killed each boss in Tomb 3 times each, ZERO bosses in Nighthold on ANY difficulty ever, each boss in LFR EN 3 times each (with Nythendra having 2 kills in LFR and 1 on normal), and the most LFR you did was 6-7 runs through ToV, for some reason>

Either way, your priest hit 110 over a year ago and the amount of bosses on ANY difficulty you've done is pathetically low for someone complaining about a lack of legendaries on that character. Also, looking at that character's wowprogress page, your priest has completed ZERO mythic+ dungeons.

My point here is that there are people such as yourself bitching "wah wah rng I hate legendaries I never get any etc" and then you look at their progress on that character and they basically don't DO anything to even warrant a legendary dropping. If you expect to only ever log onto a character to finish emissaries, then expect your legendary acquisition to be a lot longer than someone who is actively participating in the content which can drop those legendaries. So it doesn't surprise me one bit that it took you 3 months to get your first legendary because the amount of content you were completing didn't warrant getting one any faster.

TL;DR: You get out what you put in. If you plan to put in the minimal amount of effort, expect to get the minimal amount of reward in return.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    I love the, "I'm entitled to a legendary but don't want to put any effort into actually working for one," mindset from a lot of people in this thread.
    Last edited by Servasus; 2017-09-18 at 01:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point player should be able to easily get legendary item every week. And I even think that there is an easy way to do this - just make mythic dungeons, raids etc. drop something like Writhing Essense and after getting 50 of this currency you should be able to complete weekly quests that gives you random legendary for your spec/class. Every other method of obtaining legendaries should stay as well to speed up the process. With this, making alts would be far less of a nuisance and if someone was unlucky with his main for the whole expansion he can get desired legendary quicker.

Thoughts?
    no, last thing we need is more pantering to fotm-players
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    That's basically the reason why Blizzard stopped bothering with the subject, enough people joined the group "I got mine, I don't care".

Heck, mythic ToS was even balanced around your players having the BiS ones.
    Nah, TOS was actually worse at start, it didn't care if you have BIS legendaries but if you were a ww monk, dps shaman of both flavours, ret paladin, feral etc. you could reroll to a "useful" class, sit on the bench or forget the higher mythic bosses. Luckily the power creep and the rolling in nerfs are slowly fixing this, Mistress kills are already over a thousand, Avatar kills are closing to 300 and more and more "non fotm" specs are showing up in logs.

As much as people are crying "omg everything is nerfed and dumbed down" it actually opened the raid to non-fotm specs and non-fotm raid comps. And that's a good thing in my eyes, people should be able to play whatever class they want as long as they don't suck at it.

Having to change spec or class also contributes to the "legendary grind burnout", it's fine to set expectations dedicated players should have all the legendaries for their main spec (or BIS ones, same thing, if you have all, you have BIS), but only when you ensure all the specs are viable at endgame content.

It took crucible + last wave of nerfs for me to see first mythic KJ kill with no bear druid (tank setup warr + dk) and first mythic KJ with a vengeance demon hunter.

And yeah few tanks have legendaries that are 1) massive dps increase 2) massive quality of life bump, for example allowing extra cooldown or better cooldown lineup with boss abilities, if you don't have these, you have to eat up healers' externals instead, so it's generally inconveniencing not only you but also the healers or the people healers would use those externals instead. And about point #1 a lot of tanks care immensely about their dps (maybe even more than they should) and contrary to dps classes who have "better or worse dps legendaries" tanks often have very limited amount of them (since a lot of them are defensively oriented and don't add dps, you only need these on specific bosses during progression), so if you don't hit the jackpot, your logs will look sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    no, last thing we need is more pantering to fotm-players
    If Blizzard designed raids and classes in a way no one feels the need to fotm-reroll, I'd agree with you. I hate fotm rerollers yet I was forced to become one due to my raid leader not wanting a weak spec in the raid. And I can't even blame him, he has the time of 19 other people in his hands, letting it go to waste on extra wipes because someone insists to play a gimp spec... not a good leadership. All I'd ask is for my main spec to not be gimp so I can keep playing it.

And I sure hope Antorus won't have bosses that will require (or let's call it heavily encourage) 5 rogues or 5 "some other class" until 2-3 waves of nerfs. My guild doesn't have "5 of every class in the pocket with legendaries and AP" just in case next time it's not rogues it's something else. All I ask Blizzard is let us play classes and specs we loved and invested in and not make us regret the choice (or make the raid leader feel you're wasting his time with your pick).
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-09-18 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

I love the, "I'm entitled to a legendary but don't want to put any effort into actually working for one," mindset from a lot of people in this thread.
    Nothing says "I have no argument" faster than throwing out the entitlement word. You're a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Nevermind the system should have been like this from the beginning.

But hey, Blizzard knows what's best despite Legendaries being one of the biggest complaints about this expansion. People bitch more about oranges than they bitched about nothing to do in WoD.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    It's not about min/max-ing though.

Example:

Havoc Demon Hunter is so poorly designed that the best DPS spec has Fury issues. In that you will stand there auto attacking waiting for fury(lol RNG even in gameplay).

Anger of the Half Giants fixes that by giving more fury gain.

They literally have fixes for design flaws IN legendaries.

Do you not understand how moronic that is? Or will you defend that too?
    Or when they lock certain styles of gameplay behind legendaries, like Dragonbreath crown for Fire mages or bracers for enh shamans. It's not exactly fun when the playstyle I want to play is locked behind rng trash drop that has the potential of being one of 10 oranges that I can't even choose which to progress or earn. All random, because that's good gameplay. /s
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

At this point player should be able to easily get legendary item every week. And I even think that there is an easy way to do this - just make mythic dungeons, raids etc. drop something like Writhing Essense and after getting 50 of this currency you should be able to complete weekly quests that gives you random legendary for your spec/class. Every other method of obtaining legendaries should stay as well to speed up the process. With this, making alts would be far less of a nuisance and if someone was unlucky with his main for the whole expansion he can get desired legendary quicker.

Thoughts?
    Legion's legendaries are supposed to be similar to Vanilla WoW & BC's purples. Hard to come by and a real treat to obtain. We are in no way entitled to a legendary and never should be, or else that would take away it's legendary status. We don't need this to end up like the free purples we got from the final Wrath of the Lich King 5-mans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Legion's legendaries are supposed to be similar to Vanilla WoW & BC's purples. Hard to come by and a real treat to obtain. We are in no way entitled to a legendary and never should be, or else that would take away it's legendary status. We don't need this to end up like the free purples we got from the final Wrath of the Lich King 5-mans.
    The problem is, they aren't a treat to obtain in their current form. They are either an all consuming grind or a disappointing bank slot as I start the next grind.

What would help is if legendaries were designed correctly, without thoroughput implications or playstyle tweaks. If Legendaries had some actual thought and balance put into them, the RNG system would be acceptable. As it stands? it's trash.