Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    The parts that are not desert (Alpine & Flagstaff) have real estate prices which are comparable to San Diego though.
    hell Jackson WY has housing prices comparable to San Diego FFS, and there's NOTHING in that state.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    ...making me suspect the Navajo must have access to supernatural forces or sorcery to have done so well for themselves there.
    heh, that was funny

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Which is irrelevant in this instance, as Ransath is a Trump loyalist, not a conservative. Most true/traditional conservatives are much, much less enamored with Trump.
    Thank you, Arikan.

Conservatives were complaining quite a bit about the Electoral College in 2012.

Which is irrelevant in this instance, as Ransath is a Trump loyalist, not a conservative. Most true/traditional conservatives are much, much less enamored with Trump.
    Conservatism is all but dead in this country. Most conservatives are anything but...

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    heh, that was funny
    By the way I was born and until mid-teens lived in the UK, specifically northern Wales. So that is kind of my baseline for normal climate and rainfall. My perception of what is and isn't a desert might be biased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you really think all of Arizona is a "desert". If so, I feel very sad for you.
    Do you really think all of California is a "rats nest liberal hotbed". If so, I fee very sad for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    hell Jackson WY has housing prices comparable to San Diego FFS, and there's NOTHING in that state.
    So stay in San Diego?

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way I was born and until mid-teens lived in the UK, specifically northern Wales. So that is kind of my baseline for normal climate and rainfall. My perception of what is and isn't a desert might be biased.
    A good chunk of Northeast Arizona is actually Forrest. My uncle and aunt have their summer home there

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    So stay in San Diego?
    fuck that I'd rather live in Ft Collins CO.

Deleted
    Wales is AWESOME!!! One of my favorite countries I have ever visited. I actually thought about moving to Conwy, just loved that town. And your qualifier is now understood. Yes, comparatively, Arizona is a desert, lol.

(BTW - I am one those rare Americans that know the difference between the UK and Great Britain.)
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2017-09-18 at 07:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I have a lot of conservative family and friends and, as anecdotal as it may be, between my friends, my families and the vast majority of the conservatives I have dealt with online, that is not the case.

They don't oppose an idea where the cons outweigh the pros. They oppose ideas that doesn't agree with the world view they wish the world ran on even if the pros vastly outweigh the cons.

They ignore facts and logic and go purely on emotions and what other like minded individuals have told them and if you start breaking out facts that prove them wrong, they believe the facts are wrong instead.
    Same here dude. :/

Especially the last part. I have a hard enough time articulating my argument and when someone hits me with a load of "alternate facts" my brain locks up and goes into "turtle mode." It's just not worth the headache to try and change their minds or show them how yours works if all they are going to do is listen to "real news" anyway.

Both the blue and the red areas have its own positive and negative things. The task is to collect all the positive things and mix it together, when imagining a better world. I know it may sound very utopistic and idealistic. Or ate least we shoudl find out why it is so.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Conservatism is all but dead in this country. Most conservatives are anything but...
    Anything but what?

Most of the people I know personally who voted for Trump wouldn't count themselves as actual Trump supporters. I know one who voted for Trump out of spite that Sanders got steamrolled (though they were also going by the overwhelming media projection that Trump didn't really have a chance), most were simply lifelong Republicans who didn't much care for Trump but aren't going to not vote and certainly weren't going to vote for Clinton, and actually a couple who voted for Trump assuming he'd be out early in his term and they'd get bread-and-butter Republican Pence. And that's red voters I know who bothered to vote, I also know a few who sat the election out because they bailed basically as soon as it was down to Trump and Cruz for the potential nominees.

Thank you, Arikan.
    I spend most of my time on here just being a snarky asshole, but I'll calls it like I sees it.

Anything but what?

Most of the people I know personally who voted for Trump wouldn't count themselves as actual Trump supporters. I know one who voted for Trump out of spite that Sanders got steamrolled (though they were also going by the overwhelming media projection that Trump didn't really have a chance), most were simply lifelong Republicans who didn't much care for Trump but aren't going to not vote and certainly weren't going to vote for Clinton, and actually a couple who voted for Trump assuming he'd be out early in his term and they'd get bread-and-butter Republican Pence. And that's red voters I know who bothered to vote, I also know a few who sat the election out because they bailed basically as soon as it was down to Trump and Cruz for the potential nominees.

I spend most of my time on here just being a snarky asshole, but I'll calls it like I sees it.
    I meant, most conservatives are anything but... actual conservatives.

7+ Year Old Account
    A good chunk of Northeast Arizona is actually Forrest. My uncle and aunt have their summer home there
    Idk, I think I'd prefer somewhere on the east coast, though now that I've looked into it, Arizona seems to have some habitable areas so MAYBE. XD
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Do you really think all of California is a "rats nest liberal hotbed". If so, I fee very sad for you.
    If you are going to quote me, at least TRY to be accurate. I never said that ALL of California is a rats nest. I said LA and SF were - and they are. Again, you take your bias, you impose them on what I wrote, and then draw a bullshit conclusion. Fucking pathetic.

I have more faith in the "flyover" states than I do in the rat's nests known as Los Angeles, San Fransisco, Portland, Seattle, Chicago, and New York. Thankfully we have the "flyover" states - where the REAL Americans live - to counterbalance the hive-mind LUNACY of the aforementioned rats-nests.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wales is AWESOME!!! One of the my favorite countries I have ever visited. I actually thought about moving to Conwy, just loved that town. And your qualifier is now understood. Yes, comparatively, Arizona is a desert, lol.

(BTW - I am one those rare Americans that know the difference between the UK and Great Britain.)
    That isn't that far from my grandparents house. I'd recommend it, but I am biased. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I meant, most conservatives are anything but... actual conservatives.
    Ah, gotcha.
    Though for me that assessment isn't generally true. Most I know that I discuss politics with would fall pretty well under the conservative umbrella. Unless you mean rigidly adhere to a specific set of criteria, but then most of the liberals I know also wouldn't necessarily qualify.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk, I think I'd prefer somewhere on the east coast, though now that I've looked into it, Arizona seems to have some habitable areas so MAYBE. XD
    I'd prefer Texas. More diverse environment, but also less conservative. I mean it's still red, but the moderates slap down the extremes pretty hard

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer Texas. More diverse environment, but also less conservative. I mean it's still red, but the moderates slap down the extremes pretty hard
    I like the mountains and forests of places in the Appalachia region. Plus I like rain. Politics is relatively unimportant when picking a suitable place to live. Though I'd like an area that is pro-home schooling.

As long as you like punishing heat & humidity combos. Unless you want to live inland like way up in the llano estacado.