Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    So my question is this, why are Republicans so intent on killing poor people? I thought Jeebus or whatever said to love and help the poor.
    The Republicans only seem to care about religion when it comes to being against gay people and abortions.

I truly am a outside looking in regarding the US medical health care in that Iam English who grew up with the NHS but now live in the USA and have to deal with HMOS.

I will tell you i much rather pay a extra 20 bucks a week in tax and not have to fill out bullshit forms or pay co pays. Iam lucky my job has great health coverage but even then i saw the medical bills my dad who also has a great paying job had to pay for his wife my stepmom who had cancer and unfortunate died. He had bills that nearly came to a million dollars thankfully his job paid all of it but still imagine if he never had coverage?

In England he wouldnt have to worry about shit except maybe a few weeks extra wait times for non emergency's. But imo the USA healthcare is like an obscene trough full of money and everyone digs in the doctors, HMOS, Pharm companys and fucking Lawyers and there is no oversight what so ever!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post
    Let it pass... let it crash... let single payer emerge from the wreckage!

You cant con people over healthcare now the people have tasted it and they like it alot just ask all those red state republicans bitching at there congressmen why they want to take away Obamacare!

McCain did the Republican party a massive favor voting against repeal he knew it and did it cause it saved his party.
    I'd rather not have the crash part. My SO, many family members, and friends being part of the many many corpses that would occur before single payer kicked in kinda is a downer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I'd rather not have the crash part. My SO, many family members, and friends being part of the many many corpses that would occur before single payer kicked in kinda is a downer.
    I know but it seems thats the only way to get Americans to understand that Healthcare should be neck and neck with Military spending after all you are far more likely to come down with cancer than to see a Russian Paratrooper!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    People vote for this kind of stuff. "We just kicked 32 million sick people out of your insurance pool!" <crowd goes wild>
    Because those 32 million are all welfare queens and illegals, right?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Because those 32 million are all welfare queens and illegals, right?
    You forgot liberal arts major or anyone Indoctrinated By The Liberal College Education System.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

I haven't read the bill, but I like most of what is on the list in the OP.

It shouldn't be passed though. Using reconcillation to do it is dishonorable. If Republicans don't get a Democratic buy-in, there is nothing to prevent them from pressing the Undo-button the next time they're in power... and inevitably they will be.

Iam gonna leave by saying a Healthy nation is a strong nation it doesnt matter how many trillions you spend on defense when your population is sick and dying!

Crush the health insurance cartels that has blinded your congressmen for decades with cash donations and speak out! America should have the best health service for all in the world it can easily afford it and everyone would benefit!

Its up to you in the end!

But unfortunately the health insurance business tallys into billions and they aint giving that up without a fight i can tell you!!

Iam gonna leave by saying a Healthy nation is a strong nation it doesnt matter how many trillions you spend on defense when your population is sick and dying!
    If that's true then outlawing junk food would do more for public health than healthcare ever could.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    If that's true then outlawing junk food would do more for public health than healthcare ever could.
    OH please we know thats never gonna happen cause life is shit and stuffing your face with crap makes people happy but in this day an age is it justifiable to spend 600 billion dollars just to make sure Kim Jon Un or a bunch of sand dwellers dont attack? After all which is more likely to take your life? Him or a health problem?

Curious as to how many of the 49 Senators have read/understood the bill before voting on it. I'd really be in favor of requiring some sort of test before they can vote so it's not some auto-vote because it has an R/D on it.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Curious as to how many of the 49 Senators have read/understood the bill before voting on it. I'd really be in favor of requiring some sort of test before they can vote so it's not some auto-vote because it has an R/D on it.
    Well they didnt before what makes you think they did now?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Because gullible schmucks are more worried about who has insurance than the quality, breadth, or cost of available care? I can mail everyone in the country a health insurance card. Nobody would take that insurance, but everyone would be insured, so FIXED, right?
    I initially thought you were posting against the ACA repeal because that's exactly what your post says. As it stands there are minimum requirements for insurance plans. You can't just create a "health insurance card" because that wouldn't be in compliance with the law. The changes that are being proposed now will strip a lot of those requirements away so you could, theoretically, create your own insurance card in some states if the changes go through and you would be allowed to do that. Am I missing something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Hopefully in their rush to screw people, the GoP screws itself the hardest. I mean....are they TRYING to get voted out of office with this shit?
    It's exactly the opposite. The majority of them aren't worried about the general election, they are worried about being primaried out because the people funding/backing them are ultra conservative rich people and if the GOP members don't support it then those same people will support their opponents in the primaries.

Actually, it would still be cheaper with universal or single payer healthcare.

You want people to get off junk food so much? Then make healthy food cheaper that tastes decent. I have no issues with healthy food so long as I can afford it and it tastes alright, but I am not trying to eat something that tastes so bad or bland that I would rather eat the box it came in.

You really want to have an impact across the board, you don't even have to ban junk food, just ban the addictive ingredients in it and limit just how much extra sugar they can add to stuff in the factory. The amount of sugar we eat is huge and is what is causing it and you would have to eat very selectively if you wanted to really cut it out of your diet without going full natural foods only.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Curious as to how many of the 49 Senators have read/understood the bill before voting on it.
    The CBO will have a partial review only before the Sept 30th deadline. Why? Because when the GOP decides to craft things behind closed doors, then drop them on the table a few days before deadline, they can't expect everyone else to magically keep pace.

...or they could be vindictive bastards, knowing full well the deadline is the GOP's fault, the same GOP that flooded their office nonstop with TrumpCare 1.0 2.0 3.0 and 3.1, and maybe they're just fucking with them as revenge.

But probably the first part.

CBO is aiming to provide a preliminary assessment of the Graham-Cassidy bill by early next week. That assessment, which is being prepared with the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation, will include whether the legislation would reduce on-budget deficits by at least as much as was estimated for H.R. 1628, the American Health Care Act, as passed by the House on May 4, 2017; whether Titles I and II in the legislation would each save at least $1 billion; and whether the bill would increase on-budget deficits in the long term. CBO will provide as much qualitative information as possible about the effects of the legislation, however CBO will not be able to provide point estimates of the effects on the deficit, health insurance coverage, or premiums for at least several weeks.
    https://www.cbo.gov/publication/53116

OH please we know thats never gonna happen cause life is shit and stuffing your face with crap makes people happy but in this day an age is it justifiable to spend 600 billion dollars just to make sure Kim Jon Un or a bunch of sand dwellers dont attack? After all which is more likely to take your life? Him or a health problem?
    A health problem obviously but if we spent 100% of the federal budget on healthcare that wouldn't change that fact.

A health problem obviously but if we spent 100% of the federal budget on healthcare that wouldn't change that fact.
    No it wouldnt but then people wouldn't spend dollars in McDonalds or any other vice and then you would have those lobbyists biting you in the ass!

Christ iam English and i have learnt how this shit works in less than 10 years!!!

Remember, Trump said that whatever his little group comes up with it would insure everyone, you can keep your doctor, and it would be cheaper. Whatever Trump says has to be true, right?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The CBO will have a partial review only before the Sept 30th deadline. Why? Because when the GOP decides to craft things behind closed doors, then drop them on the table a few days before deadline, they can't expect everyone else to magically keep pace.

...or they could be vindictive bastards, knowing full well the deadline is the GOP's fault, the same GOP that flooded their office nonstop with TrumpCare 1.0 2.0 3.0 and 3.1, and maybe they're just fucking with them as revenge.

But probably the first part.

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/53116
    This is a disaster.

They're going to try to round up the votes for this with only the CBO score on its effect on the budget balance, but before CBO can estimate its effect on coverage losses (likely 32M), premium hikes (likely very high as money is drastically cut, increases in the thousands of percent for people with pre-existing conditions), and protections for pre-existing conditions (waived away by states).

10+ Year Old Account
    Who needs Muslim terrorists when you actually have a political party killing off people nation wide!

That's why they want to close the borders, they are getting tired of competition!