Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Um... What happened to the Horde?

Like seriously... The fighting elite of Azeroth has managed to establish an outpost near the enemy's capital, they struggle to defend it available neverending swarm of demons. Turalyon and Alleria, both well-known members of the Alliance, are in charge of the military operations. Velen is at the forefront, and the Light-aligned Naaru are lying nearby.

But WTF is wrong with the Horde leaders? They seem to be OK with chilling each one in their respective capitals, including the freaking Warchief Sylvanas. All of them don't even say a word about what's taking place on Argus, and seem to not give a flying $#@& either.

I don't know how is the story from Alliance's side like, but Tyrande, Malfie, and even Anduin are MIA as well. Hopefully this will be fixed come 7.3.5 because until now, it looks really facepalm-worthy.

The only Alliance representation 7.3 has is Velen though.

Still licking their wounds from the Broken Shore probably. I do hate how little the Horde is represented while the Alliance is literally everywhere, it makes little sense for all of my Horde characters to tag alongside Malfurion, Tyrande, Velen, Magni and such while they used to slaughter a lot of their people. It also feels that Blizzard has no idea where to even go with the Horde, I wouldn't be surprised that they never intended to make Sylvanas warchief but they had to do it due to the playerbase demanding it so much. But rhen you get this problem that the writers have no clear vision of what to do with the story to go further.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Still licking their wounds from the Broken Shore probably. I do hate how little the Horde is represented while the Alliance is literally everywhere, it makes little sense for all of my Horde characters to tag alongside Malfurion, Tyrande, Velen, Magni and such while they used to slaughter a lot of their people. It also feels that Blizzard has no idea where to even go with the Horde, I wouldn't be surprised that they never intended to make Sylvanas warchief but they had to do it due to the playerbase demanding it so much. But rhen you get this problem that the writers have no clear vision of what to do with the story to go further.
    The only character that's somewhat questionable to follow along with is Tyrande.

Malfurion has always been Neutral in WoW, Velen is as neutral as can be, Magni is literally the Speaker of the World Soul, so it would be insanely stupid to not tag along with them.

Tyrande is kind of eh, but in that particular questline, it made sense to follow along with her.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just happy to see an expac that doesn't focus itself around the Horde, Horde leaders, or horde races. I had enough of the Horde in Cata, MoP, and WoD. Even Legion with another power hungry ORC. Horde can just chill til 8.0 in my book.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    He's not representing the alliance he's representing the goats.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    He's not representing the alliance he's representing the goats.
    Well, arguably, yeah, but the goats are part of the Alliance, even though they have been made into basically a neutral faction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, arguably, yeah, but the goats are part of the Alliance, even though they have been made into basically a neutral faction.
    There part of the alliance but that doesn't mean much in this case it's not like there taking argus as alliance land there on argus out of goat interest not Alliance interest, same thing with liadrin she's loyal to velan because of the whole sun well thing she's not on argus because of the horde she's there because velan is.

But alliance still have more forces then the horde. The horde have 0 members as liadrin is there Loyal to velan not the horde where alliance has the two high elfs talking in favour of the alliance and against the horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    There part of the alliance but that doesn't mean much in this case it's not like there taking argus as alliance land there on argus out of goat interest not Alliance interest, same thing with liadrin she's loyal to velan because of the whole sun well thing she's not on argus because of the horde she's there because velan is.

But alliance still have more forces then the horde. The horde have 0 members as liadrin is there Loyal to velan not the horde where alliance has the two high elfs talking in favour of the alliance and against the horde.
    Not quite right the horde still has that one blood elf mage (magister rommath?) standing besides Kadgar where you can set the boni which you wanna use on argus.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And the massive Army from Exodar that joined them on the Vindicaar As someone who doesn't really give a shit about which side has more spotlight from time to time, Argus feels very Alliance heavy. But after Cata and Thrall everywhere, End of MoP and the Whole of WoD, I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Like seriously... The fighting elite of Azeroth has managed to establish an outpost near the enemy's capital, they struggle to defend it available neverending swarm of demons. Turalyon and Alleria, both well-known members of the Alliance, are in charge of the military operations. Velen is at the forefront, and the Light-aligned Naaru are lying nearby.

But WTF is wrong with the Horde leaders? They seem to be OK with chilling each one in their respective capitals, including the freaking Warchief Sylvanas. All of them don't even say a word about what's taking place on Argus, and seem to not give a flying $#@& either.

I don't know how is the story from Alliance's side like, but Tyrande, Malfie, and even Anduin are MIA as well. Hopefully this will be fixed come 7.3.5 because until now, it looks really facepalm-worthy.
    It only holds to the standard of shit storytelling this game has had for 13 years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Not quite right the horde still has that one blood elf mage (magister rommath?) standing besides Kadgar where you can set the boni which you wanna use on argus.
    He's around but is he there because of the horde or because of the Kirin tor? I only saw him talking to khadgar about the arcane not mentioning the horde at all.

With the retirement of Metzen, Horde favoritism has perished. LONG LIVE ALLIANCE ONLY STORY LINES! Except when they need a big bad to kill. I'm thinking Baine and the Council of Tauren. Gallywix in a giant Mech. Forest fight with Lor'themar with Aethas and Rommath providing magical backup. And of course you have Sylvanas as the final big bad of the expansion.

But what about the troll leader? What troll leader, the trolls have nothing! Hey what about Saurfang? He went to Pandaria with Ji Firepaw to get drunk and retire.

7+ Year Old Account
    No clue at all i know he say´s he´s afraid and Kadgar assures him that this means he´s still sane but other than that i haven´t seen the 2 of them talk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    And the massive Army from Exodar that joined them on the Vindicaar As someone who doesn't really give a shit about which side has more spotlight from time to time, Argus feels very Alliance heavy. But after Cata and Thrall everywhere, End of MoP and the Whole of WoD, I'm fine with that.
    The goat are not there because of the alliance though there not acting as alliance characters but for there race just as thrall wasn't representing the horde when he was in the earthen ring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    No clue at all i know he say´s he´s afraid and Kadgar assures him that this means he´s still sane but other than that i haven´t seen the 2 of them talk.
    Ya I'd count that as part of the Kirin tor not the horde. At most you could say liadrin talks about the horde but she's there because of velan and unlike verssa she's not anti alliance.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The goat are not there because of the alliance though there not acting as alliance characters but for there race just as thrall wasn't representing the horde when he was in the earthen ring.
    I'd say assaulting an Enemy that is seeking to wipe out Azeroth and by extension the Alliance that they are acting in the Alliances best interests as well. Just as Thrall was.

By your logic we haven't been doing anything in the act as Alliance players for quite a while.

Deleted
    Horde's biggest heroes always ended up threatening all of azeroth! Jaina saw through them after Garrosh was made warchief and told the world about it again and again...

Even now their new elected warchief is plotting against us, only Jaina can prevent the worst. When the time has come we will be happy that she never abandoned us even after what the Kirin tor and alliance leaders did to her by isolating her.

It's a special treat for Blood Elf players to get to do Class Hall quests and World Quests for their race's greatest enemy, Vereesa.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I'd say assaulting an Enemy that is seeking to wipe out Azeroth and by extension the Alliance that they are acting in the Alliances best interests as well. Just as Thrall was.

By your logic we haven't been doing anything in the act as Alliance players for quite a while.
    If saving the world is pro alliance then it's also pro horde, as to doing alliance acts as horde the rogue class hall is pro alliance and the Dk class quest is anti horde. Over all legion has been pro alliance in many ways but I wouldn't say velan retaking his goat stable is one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    It's a special treat for Blood Elf players to get to do Class Hall quests and World Quests for their race's greatest enemy, Vereesa.
    As for there races greatest enemy I'd say they have bigger ones then veressa kt has done way more with destroying the sun well when he was raised into a lich and he's still around as far as we know.