View Poll Results: If you could make your Demon Hunter another race, what would it be?

Voters
211. This poll is closed
  • Human

30 14.22%
  • Dwarf

13 6.16%
  • Night Elf

14 6.64%
  • Gnome

26 12.32%
  • Draenei

48 22.75%
  • Worgen

12 5.69%
  • Pandaren

28 13.27%
  • Orc

35 16.59%
  • Undead

18 8.53%
  • Tauren

19 9.00%
  • Troll

20 9.48%
  • Blood Elf

22 10.43%
  • Goblin

10 4.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    A change the game wouldn't be able to cope with yet, I think. Haha. A little like Demon Hunter from D3.
    Bow/crossbow in combination with fel magic, or dual-wielding crossbows with a hatred resource?
    The current Demon Hunter already utilizes resources like Pain and Fury. Hatred doesn't seem like that big a leap to me.
    Abilities like Strafe also seem pretty similar to what the DH already uses - lots of mobility.
    As long as things like the Bolas or Grenade abilities were modified to be "Fel Bolas" or "Hate Grenade" it'd probably work, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Bow/crossbow in combination with fel magic, or dual-wielding crossbows with a hatred resource?
    The current Demon Hunter already utilizes resources like Pain and Fury. Hatred doesn't seem like that big a leap to me.
    Abilities like Strafe also seem pretty similar to what the DH already uses - lots of mobility.
    As long as things like the Bolas or Grenade abilities were modified to be "Fel Bolas" or "Hate Grenade" it'd probably work, I think.
    Was more, I've grown up with the game and how Demon Hunters are basically so limited a being. But instead they cracked open a prison with unlimited demon hunters (apparently) and they are bouncing around. I more liked the, down to earth, version. Made more sense to me to have people specialize in demon hunting since the majority of the actual were gone, or hiding.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if you will an eight foot tall, beer bellied, generally overweight teddybear gracefully gliding along on his stubby little wings.

[edit]

Isnt it well past goddamn time we had Draeni warlocks?
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2017-09-19 at 07:30 PM.

And people say Pandaren is a hated race...

7+ Year Old Account
    Orc and draenei.

Lore wise, given their direct dealings with the Burning Legion on Draenor, each race could be seen of having a deep rooted heat towards them.

Also:

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Tuaren or Pandaren for sure. Elves are great and all, but they aren't "class exclusive" great.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Pandaren. Because so many people hate them and it would be a fun Metamorphosis

The only race that wouldn't look ridiculous is maybe human.

Draenei could fit the lore, but then we would have flying space goats.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    If there were other options, the only thing they should be would be fel infused Kro'kul and Fel orc.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Why is N'elf and B'elf even on this list?

OT: I'd choose Draenei for the Alliance and Orc for the Horde. Maybe because it would fit the lore more and because I'm not really imagining any other race besides these as Demon Hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trolls and Worgens would be ideal

Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    Tauren of course, no questions asked
    This. It would be hilarious watching a Tauren zip around a room as a DH.

I feel Draenei and Orc would fit in well with minimal retconning. I'd personally like draenei demon hunters. Just say that some orcs and some draenei came to Illidan after he defeated Magtheridan to seek vengeance on the Legion for what they did to their people/home. Less clunky than worgen and goblin dks I think who are races that hadn't joined the Alliance/Horde as of the point in time the quests take place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I feel Draenei and Orc would fit in well with minimal retconning. I'd personally like draenei demon hunters. Just say that some orcs and some draenei came to Illidan after he defeated Magtheridan to seek vengeance on the Legion for what they did to their people/home. Less clunky than worgen and goblin dks I think who are races that hadn't joined the Alliance/Horde as of the point in time the quests take place.
    It wasn't a question of whether or not races approached him. The retconning would be Illidan's ideas that only Elves could be Demon hunters.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    It wasn't a question of whether or not races approached him. The retconning would be Illidan's ideas that only Elves could be Demon hunters.
    Where is that stated?

Prob spacegoat, but only if they looked like spacegoat rares on Argus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Where is that stated?
    The "class fantasy" of Demon hunters is elves, and I believe it was in the Illidan book that they thought only elves could survive the ritual, and even then only one in five did.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Was more, I've grown up with the game and how Demon Hunters are basically so limited a being. But instead they cracked open a prison with unlimited demon hunters (apparently) and they are bouncing around. I more liked the, down to earth, version. Made more sense to me to have people specialize in demon hunting since the majority of the actual were gone, or hiding.
    Would abilities like "Stake Evil" or "Skull Shot" feel appropriate for Demon Hunters? Would it be too far a departure if the abilities took fantasy from hunting or exorcising other kinds of evils from traditional fantasy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gomes Smushen View Post
    Why is N'elf and B'elf even on this list?
    Lots of reasons. People might not want to use the free change, they might feel elves most appropriate for the class, or they might want to switch to the other faction - but would still pick elf. This data is also important, because not everyone if they were given free race/faction changes would only take the new races. Might be an interesting hypothetical, but I think this is a more real scenario so maybe the data would be more useful.
    Last edited by Razion; 2017-09-19 at 09:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Lots of reasons. People might not want to use the free change, they might feel elves most appropriate for the class, or they might want to switch to the other faction - but would still pick elf. This data is also important, because not everyone if they were given free race/faction changes would only take the new races. Might be an interesting hypothetical, but I think this is a more real scenario so maybe the data would be more useful.
    Oh, okay! Thanks for the clarification