Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ideal slot to buy with Veiled Argunite?

So, let's assume you have decent gear in every slot and most Relinquished loot won't be an upgrade for you unless it WF/TF, and you have no specific Legendary you're trying to target.

Which slot will you go for?

My take:
    1. Trinket - Unstable Arcanocrystal and CoF at 910+ are godsend,
    2. Iron Relic - ToS Iron Relic suck balls for both Fury and Arms. Where's my Unrivaled Strength and Precision Strike/ETW FFS?!

What slot will you go for?

I'm personally ONLY buying Iron relics atm... there are too many trinkets for a decent shot at a titan-procc'd CoF or Arcano.

10+ Year Old Account
    im going for relics and trinkets
    and i got lucky and got Unrivaled Strength on my iron relic

I honestly wouldn't worry about a high level CoF. Even the LFR version is fine. Obviously, more strength is always a good thing but the item level doesn't affect the trinket's effect, which is the only reason it's any good. Plus, the trinket will likely be nerfed by the next raid. If you want to use your argunite for a trinket slot, go right ahead but I wouldn't worry about trying to get a high ilvl CoF at this point. I've been using my argunite trying to score a legendary ring because, fuck it.. it's not like RNGesus is going to give me anything else I can use in some other slot.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    I honestly wouldn't worry about a high level CoF. Even the LFR version is fine. Obviously, more strength is always a good thing but the item level doesn't affect the trinket's effect, which is the only reason it's any good. Plus, the trinket will likely be nerfed by the next raid. If you want to use your argunite for a trinket slot, go right ahead but I wouldn't worry about trying to get a high ilvl CoF at this point. I've been using my argunite trying to score a legendary ring because, fuck it.. it's not like RNGesus is going to give me anything else I can use in some other slot.
    Yeah maybe I should do that as well instead of Relic... Ayala's is still afk for me, I even got all the new leggos since 7.1.5 to join my utility stash of leggos, but that ring is elusive.. fuck you RNGesus!

I've been buying trinkets only so far, but I'm considering going for necks(cos my neck is fairly low ilevel, even if it does have very good stats) or iron relics(ToS irons are garbage, and it's the first slot to get its T3 slot unlocked in Crucible)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

This made me realize how similar the relinquished vendor is to Kadala from D3.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    This made me realize how similar the relinquished vendor is to Kadala from D3.
    Except you get way more chances at Kadala items than Argunite, but other than that yup.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Except you get way more chances at Kadala items than Argunite, but other than that yup.
    Kadala also has a flat 10% chance to give you a legendary. If the veiled argunite vendor had that, it would be a lot nicer.

A 930 arcano has 1100 of each stat on it.
    That is so insane, I find it hard to justify gambling for anything else.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

just sim 910 arcano compared to bis iron to see what gives most?
    R.I.P Cityfella 2004-2016 <Warrior for life>

Quote Originally Posted by Tzel View Post
    Kadala also has a flat 10% chance to give you a legendary. If the veiled argunite vendor had that, it would be a lot nicer.
    if she really is at 10% then i must seriously have the worst luck on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    A 930 arcano has 1100 of each stat on it.
    That is so insane, I find it hard to justify gambling for anything else.
    This dude has 940 with avoidance. Fucking bonkers.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...dalaran/broxiz

Quote Originally Posted by simperial View Post
    This dude has 940 with avoidance. Fucking bonkers.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...dalaran/broxiz
    And a socket.... Fuck me talking about lottery winners...

I'm personally going for
    1. Trinket (Arcanodream)
    2. Bracer (Can't drop useful ones from dungeons)
    3. Neck or Iron Relic (PS Relic or a big vers/mast neck)

Since i'm stuck on the arcanocrystal step, i guess i will be only buying trinkets since the end of the expansion :/
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

try the items with lowest ilvl (and bad stats) or just spam trinkets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ferozan View Post
    I'm personally going for
    1. Trinket (Arcanodream)
    2. Bracer (Can't drop useful ones from dungeons)
    3. Neck or Iron Relic (PS Relic or a big vers/mast neck)

Since i'm stuck on the arcanocrystal step, i guess i will be only buying trinkets since the end of the expansion :/
    Same here with the trinket situation.

So far, I have purchased 41 trinkets and have received:

16 Stat Sticks (5 Mastery, 5 Verse, 2 Haste, 4 Crit)
    6 PVP trinkets
    5 Toe Knee Promises!
    3 Void Stalker Contracts
    2 Windscar Whetstones
    1 Spectre of Betrayal
    1 Umbral Moonglaive
    1 Chaos Talisman
    1 Ursoc Paw
    1 Ethereal Urn
    1 Horn of Valor
    1 Memento of Angerboda
    1 Eye of Command
    1 Spiked Counterweight

27 base 910 (66%)
    9 WF 915 (22%)
    2 WF 920 (5%)
    1 TF 925 (2%)
    2 TF 930 (5%)

I have farmed the shit out of Argus and bought nothing but trinkets. Mostly trash of course, but I did get a 930 Mastery Stat Stick as well as TWO 910 socketed Arcanocrystals. Debated starting to buy relics, but I still want a 910+ COF, which of course I've gotten twice on my DH alt.

how is two 910 socketed arcanocrystals trash?

Quote Originally Posted by Antero View Post
    how is two 910 socketed arcanocrystals trash?
    Uh, I said it's been mostly trash. The Arcanos and 930 Mastery stick are not.