Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    I don't get this. It was only better because it was a tiny tiny island. And even then, getting to the upper part took a long time.

With Argus, I have had 0 issues with getting around. Everything is extremely straight forward, with instant flight paths, roads, etc. I mean, sure it takes a bit longer? But it's three giant zones, not a tiny island.
    Never said I had any particular problems getting around on Argus. I easily navigate through it, doesnt mean I can't like open places more. Personally I hated Timeless Isle since I found it quite boring so I didnt spend much time there.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

I think some people forgot how much drama cause the pvp on TI.
    But yes, Argus is a failure.

Ordos and Celestial court was a success

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronoos View Post
    Personally the Timeless Isle bored the crap out of me.
    Pretty much.
    Only thing fun was the Shaohao rep with my raid buddies, esp letting them elites toast all them helpless randoms.

In general, my main spent very little time in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i loved missing endless huolon kills because i didn't set an alarm and be there waiting 45 minutes after every kill thats real fun /s

same goes for just about every rare, if you didn't camp on timeless isle you'd probably miss it.
    That was part of the fun for me. There was a real sense of community

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    When was the last time you were there? It literally was shit to travel.
    I'd rather run clear across one end to the other than navigate argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, I'd say Argus zones are harder to get around because a) your ways are plastered with mobs and mobs and mobs (much more than in the other zones) and b) the environment is much more unfriendly. Besides Mac'aree every Argus zone is constantly going up and down in height. Sure it's a shattered planet but there was no need to place so many useless and annoying mobs with huge aggro ranges everywhere on Argus. Antorus zone is the worst with all thos 1kk mobs standing around in trashpacks of 3 with very small distance between them. Once dazed and thrown of the mount... well, have fun running.
    Use the tools given to you by the game if you have problems with what the game throws out you. Whistle, hearthstone, Stonehide Barding, Vindicaar CDs, etc. No one should ever have an issue with getting dazed. It costs 2 Bloods of Sargeras to solve that issue for 2 hours. Within that time frame, you can do most things. If it's a problem, solve it. People pay for power and convenience constantly in game and in real life, it's a baseline obvious solution. If you don't want to pay or work for the convenience, then you've lost the right to complain about it.
    Last edited by Renley; 2017-09-20 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    My biggest complaint is actually about alts. I just realized I need to do the whole story on all my characters just to unlock greater invasions and the world quest.

They took 3 steps forward helping alts and one step back.
    I disagree with this. You do the storyline and it literally gives you enough argunite for 2-3 peices of 910+ loot alongside numerous pieces of 880+ loot. I don't know about you but for spending like 1-2 hours to get 2-3 peices of 910 on an alt that's pretty solid + the 880 stuff. This patch invalidated Tomb of Sargeras (other than mythic) after only being open for 12 weeks which i think was a bozo move on blizzard's part.

Yeah nothing like having to kill the same cow men over and over to get rep or missing a rare because the only way to the top area was clear on the other side of the island. Or having just make it to a rare miss it and the next one just spawned on the beach back where you first were. Not to mention the cave you could not even get into if you didn't have a mage or know how to rock jump and glitch your way into where the rare was.

Argus >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Timeless Isle.

Timeless Isle lasted a whopping 2 weeks on my main.

I'll have a reason to go back to Argus regularly for however long we'll be waiting on 8.0. With my main, not even counting my alts. How did I handle TI with alts? I went there, opened the boxes available, and then left to spend time in mainland Pandaria or on Isle of Thunder.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-09-20 at 08:09 PM.

I hated the Timeless isle after the first 2 weeks, but it did have one solitary thing over Argus-- with rare exceptions (that frickin' guy on the bridge), you could get around the place without being constantly attacked by sticking to the roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I hated the Timeless isle after the first 2 weeks, but it did have one solitary thing over Argus-- with rare exceptions (that frickin' guy on the bridge), you could get around the place without being constantly attacked by sticking to the roads.
    Until you got oneshot charged by the tauren

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    that's racist.
    a cow is a cow is a cow.

that's sexist.
    sure, if that's what you want to believe

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't ugly. You could walk more than 3 steps without being dismounted/slowed/killed. When you went to a treasure, you could open it, instead of fighting to get to the treasure icon on the map and find out its magically locked. Ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruzan View Post
    It wasn't ugly. You could walk more than 3 steps without being dismounted/slowed/killed. When you went to a treasure, you could open it, instead of fighting to get to the treasure icon on the map and find out its magically locked. Ect.
    Treasures were 1-time per character though. And I'm fairly sure plenty of those treasures, were in mob-infested areas. I know that I couldn't open certain treasures in the elite areas on alts unless others were around.

And Timeless Isle didn't even have the Leather Barding allowing players to skip the daze effect, so people were dazed and slowed and killed, not to mention same-faction PVP.

But, rose-shimmer and all that.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-09-20 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Until you got oneshot charged by the tauren
    That's the guy on the bridge I was talking about. It didn't matter that you could still be dazed because the roads were basically safe (except that bridge!). IMO, the worst part of Argus is traveling around, because the roads aren't remotely safe. You're constantly getting aggroed when you aren't anywhere near your destination.

A few treasures on Timeless Isle were weekly, reached by jumping or gliding puzzles. I believe there were 4 or 5 of those. They were the prototype for WoD-style treasures.

Regarding chests on Argus, just take the invisibility ability. Caves blocked by boulders can be bypassed by using a lounge cushion toy. One cushion to get in and another to get out, unless you don't mind waiting 2 minutes. I got every chest in Argus this way.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=116692/f...lounge-cushion
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-09-20 at 08:29 PM.

Timeless isle rewards: 496 gear (Not good).

Argus gear: 910, to 930+ when Titanforged (Relinquished), and 930-950+ (World bosses. Rivals Antorus gear, and Surpasses Mythic ToS Default gear when Warforged).

Yeah, i'll take Argus over Timeless.

- - - Updated - - -

Learn how to respect the yaungol's bi gendered non-demi taurenkin's pronouns.
    Never laughed harder in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruzan View Post
    Um, those chests on the Timeless Isle were a 1 time thing. Argus has 1 time chests too that don't despawn until you loot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    TI was not forced content. Argus forces you to do the quests to unlock the world quests that allow you access to the invasion points and forces you to do this if you want to fight the current world boss. It forces you to do the quests to unlock the new dungeon if you want access to that. It forces you to complete Argus if you want access to the NLC...all the while time gating the content. TI allowed you to do what you want at your in pace. The Argus gear is not rewarding be ausr if the RNG. Great I get 10 different pieces of 910 gear, maybe 925 if rngejus smiles, but because of either versatility or mastery makes that gear a actual downgrade.

The Rares offer nothing really except a few have different colored mounts of the exact same kind. We did the WQ for over a year, now we have more. Argus feels less like a catch up mechanic , end if expansion zine and more like a poorly concieved leveling by zone.

- - - Updated - - -

We will see how populated Argus is after it's been out 2 months. It's already noticably less populated now.
    "Forced content"? My fucking god. What the fuck does that even mean? Heavens forbid there are rewards tied to content in a game thats all about progressing your character.

It's actually funny cause I remember when 5.4 was current people on these forums were always posting about how bad TI was (was a lurker back then.) Tbf I though TI was cool, and Argus is cool, too. The two zones are honestly more similar than what people would admit. I can almost guarantee you that this forum will look back at Argus fondly next expansion just like they are doing with TI now.